PDA

View Full Version : red hot chili peppers and beastie boys

kid fresh
05-27-2005, 06:02 PM
hey, i read this interview with one of the chili peppers about the old days, and rick rubin's always dug their music, so the beasties knew 'em too. I guess the red hots used to be humongous addicts, and once the boys and rubin came to see them jam, and they received a bad vibe and got the hell outta there...back then (it was about mid eighties im assuming) i would have thought the beastie boys would have been a bit used to that kind of behavior,what with all the drug references in their music, but what i read said otherwise.

can anyone elaborate?

Mcmac
05-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Ione skye adrocks wife was a former girlfriend? of the red hot chillie peppers lead singer and adrock hated him because he got his wife into crack

Thundercracker
05-28-2005, 07:51 AM
really?
you mean anthony keides?

kid fresh
05-28-2005, 01:16 PM
yeah, anthony kiedis is/was the lead singer, but i have NEVER heard that. are you sure mcmac? that's trippy.

mikizee
05-29-2005, 06:34 AM
hello all.
I have just finished reading Anthony Keidis's autobiography. Not a bad read, all in all. basically the book goes 'im a junkie, im no-one. im a junkie, im in a band. im a junkie, im rich and famous' but yeah he has a fair bit to say about ione, they did smoke shitloads of crack and shoot up heaps. he does mention horovitz and also yauch but there are no bad words about them at all.

IsaacD
05-29-2005, 07:20 AM
Also, on the DVD "Funky monks", where you see the band creating the legendary album BloodSugarSexMagik, Adrock is mentioned. At the releaseparty the security talks about him a bit.

kid fresh
05-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Veerrrryyy interesting. Thanks to all the replies. Keep 'em coming!

3stooges
05-30-2005, 08:42 PM
i remember reading a chili peppers interview around 87 or so and the interviewer mentioned how they got compared to the beasties, cause they mix the rock and rap, and anthony said something like "the beastie boys used to open up for us when they came out to LA, they were such snotty little kids"...something like that. i'm sure everything changed since then, but back then alot of people liked to dis them, cause alot of people didn't take them seriously till they dropped paul's boutique. they really got a lot more respect after that came out.

Mcmac
05-31-2005, 02:19 AM
yeah, anthony kiedis is/was the lead singer, but i have NEVER heard that. are you sure mcmac? that's trippy.

fo shizzle its true it'll be on beastiemania (www.beastiemania.com) somewhere

Jontz
05-31-2005, 05:40 PM
Theres a interview from 1999 where anthony keidis says the beastie bboys "are the funkiest jews from new york".

AstroBBoy
06-03-2005, 12:26 AM
The Beasties played with the RHCP on a few occassions:

http://www.beastiemania.com/gigog/index.php?otherbands=red%20hot