PDA

View Full Version : First pair of ear goggles

Pootytang
05-28-2005, 11:10 PM
I bought a pair of Sony MDR-V700DJ Ear Goggles. I have to say that TT5B sounds amazing throught these things. I have had plain old headphones in the past. Now I see what all the rave is about when it comes to Ear Goggles.

paulb
05-29-2005, 01:12 AM
imma try to buy some on ebay now, thanks to u.

icy manipulator
05-29-2005, 05:35 AM
yeah those are fucking sweet, i use a pair of them for my decks, never have any troubles with them

Nygel
05-29-2005, 10:35 AM
how much did those cost?

Chicka B
05-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah, my older brother had a pair and I remember a long time ago I wanted to borrow them but he wouldn't let me, so I snuck into his room and tried them and they were fucking awsome!! But I was 8 so I was listening to some....shit. :o :D :cool:

Documad
05-29-2005, 08:12 PM
The Sony700s are about $150 at Best Buy. They look super cool, and they twist all over the place, so you can listen with only one ear, which is apparently an asset if you're a DJ. I am not a DJ.

I've had the Sony600s for about 12 years. About a week ago, the rubber cups that go on my ears started to come apart. They still sound good, but the rubber feels icky and it grosses me out. I shopped around and ended up buying a new pair of 600s for $71 on Amazon.com today. I tried the Bose ones at the ipod store ($169) and a bunch of even more expensive ones. Apparently I don't have good enough hearing to catch the supposed quality difference, and my 600s feel good on my head. Feeling good on my head is a big thing with me. Also, my 600s are solid black. I'd feel silly wearing silver or blue ones in public.

P.S. I don't think I could use Beastie Boys music to test headphones. I use Pink Floyd and ambient stuff. And I also test them while chewing, because a lot of headphones ring or make funny noises if you eat or drink coffee while listening. ;)

icy manipulator
05-29-2005, 11:45 PM
how much did those cost?

mine were $300 aus, but they're worth it

Pootytang
05-30-2005, 12:42 AM
I paid $113 for mine, but I work part time at a music/cd store and I get my purchases at cost + 20% for the first year I work there then it goes down to cost + 10%. This info is besides the point.

Since I bought my set, I have looked around on ebay for them and they are going for around 90 bucks plus shipping.

icy manipulator
05-30-2005, 01:23 AM
I paid $113 for mine, but I work part time at a music/cd store and I get my purchases at cost + 20% for the first year I work there then it goes down to cost + 10%. This info is besides the point.

Since I bought my set, I have looked around on ebay for them and they are going for around 90 bucks plus shipping.

dammmmmmn! lucky bastard!

Nygel
05-30-2005, 03:47 PM
i cant afford such things, but i just went to best buy to exchange a shitty mp3 playa i had, and i baught some Koss ur-19 stereophones, so im working my way up...i can tell a difference from headphones to these, so ear goggles must be the shizznight.