PDA

View Full Version : Hire the Beastie Boys to play your backyard

paris
05-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Today on MSN, in an article about Ashley Simpson charging 35,000 per song at private events, it says that the Beasties are for rent at a whopping 500,000 - 600,000.

I didn't think that they got down like that, but who knows? I've never heard about them playing any birthday parties yet.

Anyhow, I've got $5 on it.

Fade2White
05-30-2005, 08:47 PM
thats pretty crazy, i don't know how you set something like that up

pip07
05-30-2005, 08:54 PM
Divide that into 4 people though

laurie_hammy
05-30-2005, 09:22 PM
beasties in ya backyard, wonder if that has ever been done ?

Loppfessor
05-31-2005, 12:59 AM
This sounds strangely familiar.....scroll down the page chumps! (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=50945)

b-grrrlie
05-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Well some of the oil sheiks got even Michael Jackson to come over and play, and Cher.

I wonder if Beasties would do other parties than just Bar Mitzvahs?
My friend's daughter is getting married on Saturday, they could come and liven up that occation! :p

iceygirl
05-31-2005, 07:47 AM
i dont know how many members this board has, but i bet if everyone chipped in we could raise the funds. i volunteer to have it in my backyard :) they might even give us a discount buahahaa

dirtydan11
05-31-2005, 05:09 PM
if we could get 500 people to come up with 1000 bucks each....
wait, that doesn't even seem so hard....
hmmm...
or 1000 people to come up with 500 bucks...
(lb) the 500 people sounds better. Who's in?
I am, so thats 499 ppl to go

Bobtwi
05-31-2005, 05:14 PM
The 1000 people would make it easier on the pocket.Im down for either one though.Count me in.

b-girl74
06-01-2005, 01:01 AM
I have 10$ :o hehehe... :D

cj hood
06-01-2005, 12:47 PM
I dont think the die-hards should have to pay at all. afterall, most of us are the boys biggest fans and it would be an insult to us having to shell out that much money. I know plenty of big names that do free shows for thier biggest fans.

i paid $10 to hear Run DMC in '96......before D lost his voice.....i felt guilty!!!

kll
06-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I dont think the die-hards should have to pay at all. afterall, most of us are the boys biggest fans and it would be an insult to us having to shell out that much money. I know plenty of big names that do free shows for thier biggest fans.

but, now you open a can of worms by everyone trying to prove they are a die-hard...

besides, wouldn't a die-hard pay that kind of money?

dirtydan11
06-01-2005, 02:49 PM
especially if it were to a crowd of only 500 people. That night would rock my socks off!

dirtydan11
06-01-2005, 02:50 PM
...besides, you have any idea what some people pay to see the Stones?

kll
06-01-2005, 04:07 PM
well, its safe to say that most of us are die hard fans here. Im not trying to ask who is bigger. My other 2 friends that got me into the beasties back in 86 are big fans, but they dont bother coming to this site. in fact, they ended up giving me thier collection of LTI ERA merchandise such as calendars, t-shirts and posters. They know how much of a fan I am and they thought I deserved them. they still love the beasties but wouldnt pay probably more than $50 to see them.

what about you though? would you pay more than $50?

I think it's a matter of if you are "into" them or not... I like a lot of music, but to pay more than $50 to go see anyone that I like is not gonna happen... I will, however, cough up the dough to go see a band that I am "into" (if that makes any sense)... Going to see the Beasties with 500 people in a tiny venue or a backyard would be awesome and would be worth the money to me... If you offered me the same opportunity to see the Rolling Stones (as someone mentioned earlier), I'd pass... Ask me the same question next week or in three years and I might have a different answer... It just seems to me if you are "into" a band, where you collect, trade and invest your time, you'd be more likely to fork out the cash to see them... your friends who won't pay more than $50 could be me at a later date...

Fun to speculate who would pay it or not though...

kll
06-01-2005, 04:13 PM
I think the max I would pay would be $100, perhaps a bit more. but at my ripe old age of 33, I tend not to spend alot on concerts but for the beasties, yes.....i would. but if, if.....they were to do a private show for us (lets say 500 people) I wouldnt mind forking over a couple of hundred......especially if it is for a good cause.

:)

Laver1969
06-01-2005, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't spend more than $8 for a beer though.

kll
06-01-2005, 05:50 PM
+ $20 tip to the person to your left...

ADD: the ruler was in the pocket of the white jacket thingy and was pulled out constantly to measure certain things

instigator7022
06-01-2005, 06:27 PM
I would pay $150 tops for them because i am young and foolish. However, for the private backyard 500 people party I'd pay probably the 500 dollars. I'd even pay more if i was guaranteed to have a conversation with them for an extended period of time.

alexandra
06-02-2005, 07:14 AM
can someone lend me some money...?

adrock14
07-07-2005, 04:38 PM
I probably should start saving up money. I got $8 on it so far. That would rule to be that close to them. It would be hard for a 12 year old child to raise that much money , but this is the BEASTIE BOYS so I guess I would do anything for them. (y) (y) (y)

jennyb
07-07-2005, 04:56 PM
if we could get 500 people to come up with 1000 bucks each....Who's in?

*raises hand* oooh oooohhh me me me!!! (y)

Wow, I think someone mentioned it already, but now I know what to put on my "if I ever win the lottery" list!

flower
07-07-2005, 05:07 PM
I probably should start saving up money. I got $8 on it so far. That would rule to be that close to them. It would be hard for a 12 year old child to raise that much money , but this is the BEASTIE BOYS so I guess I would do anything for them. (y) (y) (y)
That is so cute.

Weezman
07-07-2005, 05:22 PM
I remember RUN DMC playing a club here on long island that I used to promote for and no one showed up!

That's gotta hurt....hope they had neosporan?!! :eek:

Weezman
07-07-2005, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=kll]what about you though? would you pay more than $50?

I would actually pay $150 for a front row seat at a Beasties concert. Is that normal?

I would actually consider giving my left nut to had seen them at the RunDMC/Beastie Raisin Hell tour. Is that a fan, or do i need a white coat, with the pillowed walls? :p

beastieangel01
07-08-2005, 10:37 AM
I want them to play my birthday. Or my wedding.

I don't know, I'd be willing (if I HAD the cash) to send lots of money to the charity of their choice if they played a private party for me.

BUT that is never going to happen, so oh well.

norcal brian
07-08-2005, 12:23 PM
You call it, get a better job. The best I ever got was a B-day show in San
Antonio TX. An Yea people do set up things like this all the time, Different artist mabey. A little time and effort and watch got. Just kicking it here in San Francisco.

dave790
07-08-2005, 01:41 PM
where can this article be found?

djc1980
07-08-2005, 11:18 PM
i would would pay 500$ or 1000$ whichever i have 17,000$ in the bank so i would do it no problem so count me in even though i doubt it would happen

lazarus0202
07-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Wanna hire the Beasties? Here's a true story, from about 1992-3 or so...

I worked for the Rhino Records company around the time that Check Your Head was coming out, and they opened a new store in Santa Monica, CA.

Rhino typically had great in-store performances over the years (Yo LA Tengo, Mercury Rev, Sebadoh, many many others), and really wanted to get someone big for the grand opening. The BBs were in L.A. at that time, so they contacted them and asked them to perform in the store.

The problem was that Check Your Head was already selling, so why would they want to promote themselves in a record store?

So the Boys were asked, and, in an act of kindness, said they'd do it if they could be allowed to choose and take home ten free albums, each, right off the shelves.

Here's the crazy part: Rhino actually said "no".

In less than a year the store shut down.

dave790
07-09-2005, 11:57 AM

I worked for the Rhino Records company around the time that Check Your Head was coming out, and they opened a new store in Santa Monica, CA.

Rhino typically had great in-store performances over the years (Yo LA Tengo, Mercury Rev, Sebadoh, many many others), and really wanted to get someone big for the grand opening. The BBs were in L.A. at that time, so they contacted them and asked them to perform in the store.

The problem was that Check Your Head was already selling, so why would they want to promote themselves in a record store?

So the Boys were asked, and, in an act of kindness, said they'd do it if they could be allowed to choose and take home ten free albums, each, right off the shelves.

Rhino's an idiot!

jennyb
07-09-2005, 12:02 PM

What a bunch of idiots. :rolleyes: That'll learn 'em.

Laver1969
07-09-2005, 06:57 PM

That's a pretty cool story if it's true.

Weezman
07-09-2005, 06:59 PM

AWESOME!! :cool: :D

Beth
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
wow. i can't believe none of you supposed die hards have heard yet.

my fiance and i met here on the site. since we met here, and since we're so fucking awesome, the boys said they'd come to our wedding if they could pick the date (to make sure there was no scheduling conflict).

that's all you gotta do. meet here, be awesome, let them pick the date.

Weezman
07-10-2005, 06:36 AM

my fiance and i met here on the site. since we met here, and since we're so fucking awesome, the boys said they'd come to our wedding if they could pick the date (to make sure there was no scheduling conflict).

Be sure to send an invitation to me....... :rolleyes:

dave790
07-10-2005, 09:35 AM

has a date been picked?

Beth
07-10-2005, 05:07 PM
yes. :)

Chicka B
07-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Whoa cool! When is it?

Beth
07-10-2005, 11:05 PM
on advice of counsel, i decline to answer that question. :)

lazarus0202
07-11-2005, 03:20 AM
No kidding Beth? That's great, congratulations. That'd be great if they came. So few successful artists remain human, but the BBs are pushing 40 and still sending a positive message to people. Corny but true.

And yes, my story about the record store is 100% true, I was there, I saw and heard everything. I pwamise it's twoo.

dave790
07-11-2005, 05:40 AM
yes. :)

:)

make sure you get some pics!

iceygirl
11-13-2005, 10:08 PM
my offer is still open

:P

Prot
11-14-2005, 12:30 AM
I'd hire Mike D to do my yard work,

cause you know he mows the besssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst!

fucktopgirl
11-14-2005, 12:42 AM

for real,that is pretty cool ,they are indeed really humanly kind! (y)

just lick the ear of adrock for me :D