PDA

View Full Version : Paul's Boutique and Hello Nasty

Junker
06-01-2005, 06:20 AM
I was wondering one of these days about these two albums. And for me (maybe I'm crazy, i dont know) PB and HN have a very similar rhyme technique, like CYH and IC have between them. What I'm saying is that in PB and HN we dont listen them rapping in order. The verses are all mixed up. First you hear Mike rapping and suddenly Yauch says one line and then Adam enter in the verse too. You dont have a wait time between the lines. And in CYH, IC and TTFB you know when each one of them will sing. The strophes in these 3 album usually have 4 verses that the 3 of them sing separately.
I'd like to see this switches in a new album! And i hope you got what I was trying to say.

Peace!!!

SILVERBEASTIE
06-01-2005, 06:42 AM
I hear ya!..as much as I like TT5B, I would like to see more of the HN/PB type rapping.

Kid Presentable
06-01-2005, 10:16 AM
It was good, but the HN emulation of PB sounded kinda forced, wasn't quite as agile as some of PB.

But yes it was good (y)

phade1
06-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes. They even said themselves at the time of Hello Nasty, that they went back to the trade off style. Where they each trade off lines, one after the other. Instead of just one guy ryhiming a whole verse then the next guy, etc.
They are often trading off and the line they are saying may have actually been written by another member.

still ill
06-01-2005, 11:40 AM
they said they went to th non-trade off style for tt5b beacuse its was confusing when the peformed live using the pb/hn verse scheme

Kid Presentable
06-01-2005, 12:11 PM
they said they went to th non-trade off style for tt5b beacuse its was confusing when the peformed live using the pb/hn verse scheme
When did they say that?

Junker
06-01-2005, 01:48 PM

yeah, when did they say that?
I personally dont think THE BEASTIE BOYS get confused with their own songs

Junker
06-01-2005, 01:53 PM
It was good, but the HN emulation of PB sounded kinda forced, wasn't quite as agile as some of PB.

But yes it was good (y)

Well, actually PB its THE MASTERPIECE! Nothing will sound like PB, never!!!!

Rock
06-01-2005, 02:13 PM
I read the same thing in an interview somewhere. I'm sure it was on this board.

MC Moot
06-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I was wondering one of these days about these two albums. And for me (maybe I'm crazy, i dont know) PB and HN have a very similar rhyme technique, like CYH and IC have between them.....

I hear that a little...and I find the exact same comparisson to be relevant with regards to "T.T.5.B" and "L to Ill'.....kinda sorta a giant step backwards.....T.T.5.B could have been called KISS or keep it simple and stupid... ;)