PDA

View Full Version : beastie boys - hardcore - interview?

SgtD
06-02-2005, 12:55 PM
hello, maybe some of the guys read this (let's hope)
i'm a hardcore kid from hungary. i have a question.
i like rap, but i'm into hardcore more, it's the most important music in my life.
now here come the beastie boys.
i have a webzine, it concentrates mostly on underground music such as ska, punk and hardcore.
i'd like to make a short email interview with someone from the band on hardcore music.
it should be a fun, i doubt you get asked about hardcore recently.
thank you very much for your time.
take care
Dini

alexandra
06-02-2005, 01:16 PM
you speak very good english to come from Hungary.

no i'm sorry, i didn't mean that.

SgtD
06-02-2005, 01:22 PM
thanks, i'm almost fluent. i've been learning english for 15 years now.

martijn
06-02-2005, 03:18 PM
hello, maybe some of the guys read this (let's hope)
i'm a hardcore kid from hungary. i have a question.
i like rap, but i'm into hardcore more, it's the most important music in my life.
now here come the beastie boys.
i have a webzine, it concentrates mostly on underground music such as ska, punk and hardcore.
i'd like to make a short email interview with someone from the band on hardcore music.
it should be a fun, i doubt you get asked about hardcore recently.
thank you very much for your time.
take care
Dini

You could try asking minton to pass the interview to one of them. If you like hardcore you should come to holland, we got a major hardcore festival coming up in our nice little town www.trashfest.nl (http://www.trashfest.nl) (y)

kll
06-02-2005, 03:24 PM
KingPSYZ on the board can let you know all about interviewing for your 'zine. You should PM him.

Justin
06-03-2005, 01:23 AM
Yauch was looking for a mistress, there I said it. I can rest easy

SgtD
06-03-2005, 09:11 AM
You could try asking minton to pass the interview to one of them. If you like hardcore you should come to holland, we got a major hardcore festival coming up in our nice little town www.trashfest.nl (http://www.trashfest.nl) (y)
thanks dude
yeah i knew about the festival, but i just can't go. but boy would i love to see the betercore reunion!

SgtD
06-03-2005, 09:11 AM
KingPSYZ on the board can let you know all about interviewing for your 'zine. You should PM him.
thanks for your help!

SgtD
06-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Yauch is the one you would want to communicate with because he is still a hardcore devotee.

Unfortunately, posting your request here isn't going to get you anywhere because Yauch has abandoned the board. I think he doesn't likes us anymore. :(

If you want to be proper about your request and be taken seriously, you should direct it to the band's publicist.

Good luck!
thank you.
i'm sure he just has too much things to work on and stuff...

by the way, who is the band's publicist?

midzi
06-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Nah, I heard it's all parties and sports for him.

Yes, I've read some time ago that Horovitz and Yauch attended his birthday party in March.(or maybe Mike was also there - I don't remember)

Guys are just partying. :D

icy manipulator
06-03-2005, 01:27 PM
what type of hardcore are you talking about? like beastie boys from their pre licence to ill days?

SgtD
06-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Nah, I heard it's all parties and sports for him.

hahaha, cool to be him then!

SgtD
06-03-2005, 11:48 PM
what type of hardcore are you talking about? like beastie boys from their pre licence to ill days?
indeed. pollywog stew is a hardcore ep, and boy is it great!

jordanTXHC
06-04-2005, 09:23 PM
i'm a hardcore kid from Texas. and back in the day, early 80s, the Beastie Boys were one of the first Hardcore Punk bands in NYC. legends in my book. even through the rap stuff is great too, i would love to see the Boys strap on their instruments and wail out "Time For Living". i hear that Yauch is still contributing to the scene. thats rad. are anyothers still involved in the scene? i would love to have a conversation with Yauch about the good old days in the lower east side and how the scene was back then. i know i'm just some punk that is still re-living the old days, but am really courious on their take on the past and present day Hardcore scene. so Yauch, if you see this, hit me up sometime. haha i know its a long shot, but all hardcore kids know what kind of unity we have. so there is a 50/50 chance that if he sees this, he'll respond. lates

jordanTXHC
www.txhc.com

http://www.cromags.com/images/stimfans.jpg
here is a picture of a young Yauch standing outside a Stimulators (Harley from the Cro Mags early band). wow, i would have loved to see the Beastie Boys play with the Cro Mags and Bad Brains back then.