PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Mariners/Beastie Boys = Triple Trouble?

MrPerfect
06-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Well,
I've been meaning to post this topic for a while now, I just havn't gotten around to it.

You either have to be a baseball fan or be a Seattle Mariners fan to know what I'm talking about here.

Anyways, let me explain. This season (baseball season) the Mariners went out and signed 2 big name free agents (Adrian Beltre, and Richie Sexson) of course everybody SHOULD know who Ichiro is as he's already a baseball legend. So anyways, I was thinking to myself "Beltre, Sexson, and Ichiro. Beltre hit 48 home runs last year, Sexson is a 45 home run man, Ichiro is the best in baseball. Just think about it... Beltre, Sexson, Ichiro = Triple Trouble"

So I figured before the season started, why not send an email to the Seattle Mariners front office, giving them an idea of mine. Saying that the M's should hype the Mariners 2005 season by making a video of Beltre, Sexson, and Ichiro playing "Triple Trouble" in the backround. Because it'd really get the fans into it.

Well I emailed the Mariners front office, and here's what I had to say...

"Hey,
I know the Mariners have used that Zombie Nation theme for the past few years. There seem's to be no theme song that really got the Mariner fans into it, quite like "Who Let The Dogz Out". I have to admit, that song was terrible, but I just wanted to voice my opinion on saying I think the Mariners could put together a VERY good video of Ichiro, Adrian Beltre, and Richie Sexson, and then play the Beastie Boys song "Triple Trouble". I think that'd just be a great idea and it'd get the fans really pumped up to see the "Big 3".

Also, at the stadium, when the Mariners are about to win the game, the Mariners 2005 theme song should be "Beastie Boys - Sabatoge". I mean it would just get the fans and players really into it and really wound up.

Any chance of a Triple Trouble video for Ichiro, Beltre, and Sexson? or the Mariners 2005 theme song being anything of the Beastie Boys?

Thanks,
Bobby."

I didn't expect an email back, but low and behold I got one back and here's what it says...

"Bobby -

Thanks for your email message. We passed your idea on to our Game Entertainment department, who I think may produce a "Triple Trouble" video later this season! We appreciate the input of you and all our great fans.

We look forward to seeing you soon at Safeco Field!

Best wishes,
The Mariners Promotions Team"

Now I've been thinking "Oh yeah, bullshit. It's not going to happen" well on this Mariners message board, I posted this message and told them, and a couple of people there have been to a Mariner game this season and posted back to me saying that at the game during about the 3rd/4th inning on the big screen they have home runs and amazing catch's by Beltre, Sexson, and Ichiro with "Beastie Boys - Triple Trouble" playing in the backround. I couldn't believe it, so I went to the Mariners vs Padres game and around the 6th inning I'm just sitting there and all of a sudden I hear...

"If you... if you... wanna know... wanna know... a real deal about the 3... *pictures of Beltre, Sexson, Ichiro*... well let me tell ya were Triple Trouble ya'll" and it just has a whole bunch of highlights of Beltre, Sexson and Ichiro. I thought it was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life, because it was my idea and they actually used my idea. I think it's so cool. Not only for the Mariners, but to get the Beastie Boys out there also. Even for kids who don't know them. Thinking "Who are they?" and somebody being like "It's the Beastie Boys" and the kid getting interested and then goes home and checks them out. I think it's good exposure for the Beastie's to get them back out on the scene.

Anyways, I'm just curious what you guys think, if you guys think it's cool or lame or whatever. I was just excited and hope that one of the Beastie Boys catch this thread and wonder what they think. I highley doubt they will, but I do know what MCA check's here from time to time. So who know's. It'd be sweet if they did see this tho.

Anyways, what do you guys think? :cool:

Hello_nasty
06-02-2005, 03:33 PM
That's sweet.

MrPerfect
06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Thanks! (y)

SpuffyRJ
06-02-2005, 04:04 PM
That's actually really cool (y)

Laver1969
06-02-2005, 04:44 PM
That's friggin awesome!

paulb
06-02-2005, 04:55 PM
That sounds ill man!!! Im going to Mariners vs Yankees, Aug 30th... ill tell u if they play it.

Paul B.

ToucanSpam
06-02-2005, 04:56 PM
sounds cool!!!

enree erzweglle
06-02-2005, 05:08 PM
I love that story!

Thanks for taking the time to type it in.

MrPerfect
06-02-2005, 05:19 PM
"That sounds ill man!!! Im going to Mariners vs Yankees, Aug 30th... ill tell u if they play it.

Paul B."

Are the M's playing at Yankee Stadium or in Safeco Field? because I don't think they show the video on the road. I think only at Safeco Field. But you live in Canada so I'd assume you're going to Safeco, but I'm just double checking.

Anyways, thanks for all the nice comments, I appreciate it.

If anybody lives around Seattle or anything, I suggest you all try and catch a Mariners game in person so you can see the video, because they play it at everysingle home game. So I suggest you all go and Ch-Check It Out! :cool:

RobMoney
06-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Awesome,

I got a little chill when you described hearing it in the middle of the game (y)

Beastie Pride

Rich Cheney
06-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Ruppert Jones stole my wallet.

paulb
06-02-2005, 06:36 PM
sorry, i meant, Yankees vs Mariners... Safeco Field... i cant wait! ill be on the lookout.

timmie
06-02-2005, 06:42 PM
(y) :D

ericg
06-02-2005, 07:03 PM
No place quite like Seattle ;) It started slow, but your story turned dope there at the end with the kids etc... Next... Now that I think about it, the N.Y. Yankees at Safeco to witness that? That's something huh. Like, To the 6th Borough. That's a hell of a stadium. That'll be dope. I miss the place so much. Seattle's the best place for a stroll... to the stadium, to the waterfront...everthing, right there. Props to ya.

MrPerfect
06-02-2005, 07:18 PM
"sorry, i meant, Yankees vs Mariners... Safeco Field... i cant wait! ill be on the lookout."

Get ready, it's fucking awesome. You'll have to post here after you see it and let us know what you thought. You'll just be sitting there and all of a sudden hear "Triple Trouble" play. It's so great to hear those legends (Beastie Boys) that is :cool:

NoI'mClarence
06-02-2005, 07:47 PM
The mariners are now my second favorite team

MrPerfect
06-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Who's your first? and I hope to god it's not the Yankees.

paulb
06-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Dont fuckin diss the yankees!!! you think im going to seattle for the mariners in aug? hell no! yankees all the way. i got nothing against seattle, they are fine... as long as its not the red sox.

canucklehead200
06-02-2005, 08:36 PM
i think you were pushing it a bit with the sabotage thing, but yah, congrats on this, it's a very cool idea, and i always love seeing people "pimp" the beasties music! WORD!

cj hood
06-02-2005, 08:37 PM
great story.........but you know mike d's gonna find a way to get paid for this!

b-girl74
06-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Aw, your great man! :D

Fade2White
06-02-2005, 09:45 PM
thats really awesome..got me thinking of the viKINGS original Triple Trouble of Randy Moss, Cris Carter, and Jake Reed. Except they were The Three Deep. Really cool though.

Monsieur Decuts
06-02-2005, 11:58 PM
Saw them beat the Jay's the other night..didnt' catch it though.just moved to the City...hope to see this again sooooooooooon

sureshot
06-03-2005, 08:34 AM
buddy thats fucken awsome, you are a true beastie boys fan

ken phelps
06-03-2005, 09:04 AM
that's awesome but beltre has to hit better than .236 and sexson has to be better than .247 for that to actually be true.

MrPerfect
06-03-2005, 12:22 PM
"that's awesome but beltre has to hit better than .236 and sexson has to be better than .247 for that to actually be true."

Hell it's not my fault that Beltre is a 1 year wonder, lol. Sexson is nomore then a .270 hitter. He's already got what, 13 or so home runs so far? he's doing just fine. Beltre is the $64 million dollar man the M's should be worrying about.

What I should try and do is find a "Triple Trouble" on either the Sonics or Knicks, and email the FO and give them my idea about the "Triple Trouble" idea. I'm sure that'd mean more to the Beastie's then one of their songs being played at a Seattle Mariner game, lol.

MrPerfect
06-03-2005, 12:27 PM
"Dont fuckin diss the yankees!!! you think im going to seattle for the mariners in aug? hell no! yankees all the way. i got nothing against seattle, they are fine... as long as its not the red sox."

Dude, the Yankees suck ass this year. Even tho I can't say much because look at the Mariners, LOL. But still, for the Yankees they are blowing shit. They just got swept by the Royals and the Royals beat fucking RANDY JOHNSON. I knew the Yanks would crumble this season, because their team is WAY to old. They need to go younger. If the Yanks don't make the playoff's this year, Steinbrenner or whatever his name is, is going to have a damn heart attack.

Oh well, I'm a Mariner fan, and became a Red Sox fan after how I saw they beat the Skanks last year. :cool:

LOL, oh well. The Yanks will get it turned around when they play the Mariners. The M's can never beat the Yankees, and the Yankees hit well at Safeco Field.

Since you live in Canada, how are those Nationals doin? any better then the "Expos", I guess you can say.

You should keep me up-dated on when you go to the game, cause maybe we can meet up and root against eachother, LOL.

Anyways, if you go to the game, enjoy the game, and enjoy the "Triple Trouble" video. (y)

MrPerfect
06-03-2005, 12:35 PM
"Saw them beat the Jay's the other night..didnt' catch it though.just moved to the City...hope to see this again sooooooooooon"

Did you watch the game on TV or did you go in person? because they don't play the video on TV. I've only seen it in person. It usually happen's during the commercial's.

I don't know if they play it during EVERYSINGLE game, but alot of my friends go to Mariner games all the time and they all say they've seen the video. So it sure sounds like it.

WhoMoi?
06-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Dont fuckin diss the yankees!!! you think im going to seattle for the mariners in aug? hell no! yankees all the way. i got nothing against seattle, they are fine... as long as its not the red sox.

:mad:

Beanie18
06-03-2005, 04:57 PM
WOW! I think that is sooooo awesome. I'm a HUGE baseball fan and I try to sell my ideas to my team (Orioles!) but they don't reply! Just wanted to say that it's really cool!

(y)

yeahwho
06-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Coolest. Story. Ever.

I'll have to pay attenetion, I've been to three games this year....I have about 10 more to go to throughout the summer, I'll post and letchya know if I hear it.

Bobtwi
06-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Not bad man.I actually e-mailed them with the suggestion to sign Beltre and Sexon.No need to thank me for making your idea come true.

yeahwho
06-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I knew when I invented email somebody would use it, your welcome.

MrPerfect
06-22-2005, 10:56 AM
"Not bad man.I actually e-mailed them with the suggestion to sign Beltre and Sexon.No need to thank me for making your idea come true."

Well you should email them again and tell them to bring back Ken Griffey Jr. He's the only guy I would just LOVE to see back on the Mariners. I've emailed the M's TONS of times telling them to bring back Griffey, but I get no response. But once I wrote about the Beastie Boys, then I got a response, lol.

sethomas
06-22-2005, 11:29 AM
... as long as its not the red sox.

watch your mouth young man....

marsdaddy
06-24-2005, 01:18 AM
FYI, they played Triple Trouble at the SF Giants game I was at last week. I think they originally planned to feature Bonds, Schmidt, and Benitez, but due to injuries and a poor season, they featured the head trainer, equipment manager, and bathroom attendant.

paulb
06-24-2005, 01:31 AM
watch your mouth young man....

cough, oh really?

SILVERBEASTIE
06-24-2005, 02:19 AM
Well,
I've been meaning to post this topic for a while now, I just havn't gotten around to it.

You either have to be a baseball fan or be a Seattle Mariners fan to know what I'm talking about here.

Anyways, let me explain. This season (baseball season) the Mariners went out and signed 2 big name free agents (Adrian Beltre, and Richie Sexson) of course everybody SHOULD know who Ichiro is as he's already a baseball legend. So anyways, I was thinking to myself "Beltre, Sexson, and Ichiro. Beltre hit 48 home runs last year, Sexson is a 45 home run man, Ichiro is the best in baseball. Just think about it... Beltre, Sexson, Ichiro = Triple Trouble"

So I figured before the season started, why not send an email to the Seattle Mariners front office, giving them an idea of mine. Saying that the M's should hype the Mariners 2005 season by making a video of Beltre, Sexson, and Ichiro playing "Triple Trouble" in the backround. Because it'd really get the fans into it.

"Hey,
I know the Mariners have used that Zombie Nation theme for the past few years. There seem's to be no theme song that really got the Mariner fans into it, quite like "Who Let The Dogz Out". I have to admit, that song was terrible, but I just wanted to voice my opinion on saying I think the Mariners could put together a VERY good video of Ichiro, Adrian Beltre, and Richie Sexson, and then play the Beastie Boys song "Triple Trouble". I think that'd just be a great idea and it'd get the fans really pumped up to see the "Big 3".

Also, at the stadium, when the Mariners are about to win the game, the Mariners 2005 theme song should be "Beastie Boys - Sabatoge". I mean it would just get the fans and players really into it and really wound up.

Any chance of a Triple Trouble video for Ichiro, Beltre, and Sexson? or the Mariners 2005 theme song being anything of the Beastie Boys?

Thanks,
Bobby."

I didn't expect an email back, but low and behold I got one back and here's what it says...

"Bobby -

Thanks for your email message. We passed your idea on to our Game Entertainment department, who I think may produce a "Triple Trouble" video later this season! We appreciate the input of you and all our great fans.

Best wishes,

Now I've been thinking "Oh yeah, bullshit. It's not going to happen" well on this Mariners message board, I posted this message and told them, and a couple of people there have been to a Mariner game this season and posted back to me saying that at the game during about the 3rd/4th inning on the big screen they have home runs and amazing catch's by Beltre, Sexson, and Ichiro with "Beastie Boys - Triple Trouble" playing in the backround. I couldn't believe it, so I went to the Mariners vs Padres game and around the 6th inning I'm just sitting there and all of a sudden I hear...

"If you... if you... wanna know... wanna know... a real deal about the 3... *pictures of Beltre, Sexson, Ichiro*... well let me tell ya were Triple Trouble ya'll" and it just has a whole bunch of highlights of Beltre, Sexson and Ichiro. I thought it was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life, because it was my idea and they actually used my idea. I think it's so cool. Not only for the Mariners, but to get the Beastie Boys out there also. Even for kids who don't know them. Thinking "Who are they?" and somebody being like "It's the Beastie Boys" and the kid getting interested and then goes home and checks them out. I think it's good exposure for the Beastie's to get them back out on the scene.

Anyways, I'm just curious what you guys think, if you guys think it's cool or lame or whatever. I was just excited and hope that one of the Beastie Boys catch this thread and wonder what they think. I highley doubt they will, but I do know what MCA check's here from time to time. So who know's. It'd be sweet if they did see this tho.

Either you posted this before in another forum..or I had a dream about the exact same post..either way, go on ya for doing it!!

Dr Sputnik Phd
06-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Well it just goes to show what one person can achieve if they go to the trouble of saying what they think to the big cheeses.

Here in England we've got a brand of potato chips called "French fries" cos they're meant to look like french fries but don't and they're not french and they're not fried. So anyway i wrote to Walkers Ltd asking them to change the name. They sent me a reply saying that my complaint has been fowarded to the customer services department....They still haven't changed the name.

Anyway thats a roundabout way of saying "way to go man"

MrPerfect
09-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Hey "paulb" did you ever go to the Mariner game out in Seattle like you planned on doing? if so, did you see the Triple Trouble video?

paulb
09-22-2005, 08:56 PM
yep, i went to the game, sorry it wasnt played, i didnt leave my seat the whole game, and i was on the lookout for it.

Arod hit his 40th of the season which was nice to see, but yanks lost (n)

Laver1969
09-22-2005, 08:58 PM
yep, i went to the game, sorry it wasnt played, i didnt leave my seat the whole game, and i was on the lookout for it.

Arod hit his 40th of the season which was nice to see, but yanks lost (n)

Oh well...i'm glad you had a good time.

paulb
09-22-2005, 08:59 PM
ya, i got a HR by him during Bating practise. it was a great day, its too bad they lost, but who cares now? We are fucking 1st place over Boston!!!

Laver1969
09-22-2005, 09:05 PM
ya, i got a HR by him during Bating practise. it was a great day, its too bad they lost, but who cares now? We are fucking 1st place over Boston!!!

Got a HR (ball) from whom?

paulb
09-22-2005, 09:24 PM
Alex Rodriguez

MrPerfect
09-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Alex is a douche bag.

Suck's they didn't play the video tho.

Oh well, it's near the end of the season so maybe they just quit playing it, or maybe they dont do it every game.

Oh well, tho.

Glad you had a good time, and even more glad they lost :)

Don't get your hopes up tho, because Boston will be back in 1st in no time. The Skanks aren't going to do shit this year. The team is WAY to old and is going to flop in the playoff's just like last year. Bank on it!

Monsieur Decuts
09-23-2005, 03:37 PM
I saw the Tripple Trouble video this summer a couple times.

I also saw at game where the yanks lost..that was GREAT : )

Monsieur Decuts
09-23-2005, 03:38 PM
RAUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
wearwolves in london

pshabi
09-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Nice. Be proud.
Well,

"Hey,

Thanks,
Bobby."

"Bobby -

Best wishes,