PDA

View Full Version : MSG DVD...The reason for the hold up

JasonP
06-10-2005, 06:25 AM
I have a feeling that the boys are recording an EP to go along with the DVD. That would make sense. I just wanted to be the first to throw the prediction out there.

buddmonkey
06-10-2005, 07:36 AM
I have a feeling that the boys are recording an EP to go along with the DVD. That would make sense. I just wanted to be the first to throw the prediction out there.

MMMMMMMmmmm new EP..... ;) I hope you are correct... That would be doper than Mr. Roper....

titou lapraline
06-10-2005, 07:59 AM
You're CRAFTY JasonP! (y)

Brother McDuff
06-10-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm not one to rain on parades, but I wouldn't count on that. I'm sure the last thing they'd want to do after an extensive world tour and promotional cycle is to jump back into the studio right away.

enree erzweglle
06-10-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm not one to rain on parades, but I wouldn't count on that. I'm sure the last thing they'd want to do after an extensive world tour and promotional cycle is to jump back into the studio right away.
This was my thought too.

I wasn't aware of their music before TT5B, so I don't know their pattern of interaction with fans before then. What did they do during the six-year hiatus wrt keeping in touch with the fans?

saml
06-10-2005, 11:42 AM
why would that make sense?

ILLMIX
06-10-2005, 01:25 PM
yeh, makin a new album? u must be a 'new' fan

phade1
06-10-2005, 01:38 PM
They must be Tye Dying T-Shirts to go along a with the DVD. It does make sense, it is delayed. I must be right.

tomsanderson86
06-10-2005, 01:39 PM
how can you get a feeling that musicians are making an e.p......

boys_beastie
06-10-2005, 03:50 PM
mayby he wants it to happen so bad. the idea grew in his brain. "every thought in the mind is a planted seed" yauch-puttin shame in ure game

enree erzweglle
06-10-2005, 04:02 PM
mayby he wants it to happen so bad. the idea grew in his brain. "every thought in the mind is a planted seed" yauch-puttin shame in ure game
I thought the same thing--that maybe it was a wee rationalization that sprouted into something that made a lot more sense.

I get ideas that--at 1 or 2am--make total and perfect sense until the next day, when I'll look at my what I wrote down and think, "What the fuck was this all about?"

Anyway, maybe his wee rationalization numbed the BB withdrawal pains even just a little. I could use some of that. :D

Fade2White
06-10-2005, 08:25 PM
how is mr. roper dope...?

wavin_goodbye
06-10-2005, 08:41 PM
This was my thought too.

I wasn't aware of their music before TT5B, so I don't know their pattern of interaction with fans before then. What did they do during the six-year hiatus wrt keeping in touch with the fans?

nothing :p

but in all seriousness.. there was the anthology, a planned tour in 2000 (Rhyme and Reason with RATM), Coachella (?), couple of other dates perhaps...

Pootytang
06-10-2005, 09:22 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I could handle some more BS2000 and Country Mike.

sethomas
06-10-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I could handle some more BS2000 and Country Mike.

word. perhaps throw in a dash of Quasar just to taste?

what up pooty?

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
06-10-2005, 10:15 PM
They must be Tye Dying T-Shirts to go along a with the DVD. It does make sense, it is delayed. I must be right.

yeah, knowing them they are tye-dying tshirts...
we can only hope that they haven't been captured by sasquatch again, cause I'd hate to have to put on some pants and go rescue them

:p

sethomas
06-10-2005, 10:37 PM
yeah, knowing them they are tye-dying tshirts...
we can only hope that they haven't been captured by sasquatch again, cause I'd hate to have to put on some pants and go rescue them

:p

yo, the sasquatch business is so 2004, c-mon now...get serious....

BS2600
06-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Okay okay okay. It's been a while since I've been here.

What the hell DVD are we talking about? I searched the forums and I came up with nothing. Can someone link me or something? DVD? What's left after the collection one? A live one?

Sheesh.

midzi
06-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Okay okay okay. It's been a while since I've been here.

What the hell DVD are we talking about? I searched the forums and I came up with nothing. Can someone link me or something? DVD? What's left after the collection one? A live one?

Sheesh.

http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=51487

http://www.nastylittleman.com/releaseschedule.html

JasonP
06-11-2005, 08:27 AM
We know they have alot of material they didnt use on TTFB. They could be arranging that for the EP...who knows? Maybe they had ideas for a couple of songs that they want to put out there. The Beastie Boys have been unpredictable up until this point. The reason I thought it made sense...the lengthy delay!!! Anyway...I'll keep hoping.

cj hood
06-11-2005, 12:23 PM

this is possible..

Extra Cheese
06-11-2005, 04:33 PM
^^do you know anything about this possibility

cj hood
06-11-2005, 06:48 PM
they got enough recorded material to put out (at least) 3 full length albums....

cj hood
06-11-2005, 06:50 PM

HN was '98.....toured til '99......then put out the anthology in '00.....so this isn't as far fetched as ya think......

Bourgie
06-11-2005, 06:51 PM
...tru dat ^

Burnout18
06-11-2005, 07:15 PM
they got enough recorded material to put out (at least) 3 full length albums....

have you heard any of it

like "put on your fila suits"

Laver1969
06-11-2005, 08:21 PM

In that 92 SPIN magazine I pulled out the other night, the writer was talking about Mario C. helping to put together Check Your Head.

"...in other words, the poor bastard who helped cull an LP from the 50 songs scattered throughout 100 hours of digital audiotapes."

They have soooo much shit up on the shelf, it ain't even funny!

sethomas
06-11-2005, 08:29 PM
"the boys have some funny stuff being released real soon"

thats a direct quote from an email i recieved about a month ago, from a friend whom knows a lot more about the boys than all of us put together....

....just SAYyin..... ;)

seth

cj hood
06-11-2005, 08:54 PM
have you heard any of it

like "put on your fila suits"

touche my friend......i don't know what happened to this track, but about 90% of what i heard and reported about TT5B was true......this apparently was not......as of yet!

Burnout18
06-12-2005, 10:13 AM
true, 90% was correct,

i was just wondering if you heard any music the rest of us havent heard

JasonP
06-13-2005, 08:26 AM
I just thought of something...Aglio Y Olio came out just after their 95 tour. It is possible. Plus how much time do you really need off...its been months already.

Kid Presentable
06-13-2005, 09:00 AM
I too hope the reason for the hold-up is Music related....

titou lapraline
06-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Sorry for this stupid question but, can you tell me what's the difference
between EP and LP ???

enree erzweglle
06-13-2005, 09:21 AM
I too hope the reason for the hold-up is Music related....
I don't know. On one hand, it sounds as though they've done this before with past hiatusi. :D But on the other hand, some people here seem to be taking what they're doing now as unusual & suspect. If people here hadn't mentioned it over/over, I don't think I would have thought twice about it other than to miss seeing Yauch's posts.

Maybe people feel this way just because of the cancelled shows and lack of a detailed explanation for it. Had it not been for the way the tour ended, maybe some people wouldn't feel what they're feeling now wrt the now months-long absence.

In the 70s when I was a kid and into various celebrities, we basically had nothing. We got their albums and tours and some contrived appearances around those things. If someone was really over the top for some celebrity, they could join a fan club and get some mass-prepared stuff. There might be the occasional mention in a magazine or newspaper article, but that was it. The internets have spoiled us.

Kid Presentable
06-13-2005, 09:36 AM
I suppose we're to blame because we got used to being in the loop. With Yauch posting here, I guess everybody got a quick fire taste of having the scoop, and that makes it so hard now, when nobody knows exactly what the fuck is going on.

The way it seemed, with the length of the last Hiatus, this time around the whole experience would have lasted nearly 18 months. We've had a six month hole pretty much... (n)

dave790
06-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Sorry for this stupid question but, can you tell me what's the difference
between EP and LP ???

L.P stands for long play, initially what was an old term for an album.

E.P stands for extended play, as in extended single, so not an album by any means but generally longer than a single.

Documad
06-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure I was ever in the loop, but whatever information I got about the tour or upcoming plans, I got from other members (like Miramanee).

It was nice of Yauch to set the record straight on some of the issues that came up though. I wish he would come back and help those people who are looking for the mashed potatoes sample. :) If he even knows.

enree erzweglle
06-13-2005, 01:01 PM
I never felt like Yauch kept us in the loop on future plans.
Yeah, Yauch's being here sort of kept the connection to the band more live/current feeling.

I've mostly gotten my info from you and other posts/people on boards.

Kid Presentable
06-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Meh. I guess Yauch posting here at least meant something was going on.

Now, there's nothing. (n)

cj hood
06-13-2005, 07:33 PM
I never felt like Yauch kept us in the loop on future plans. His posts were mainly corrections (incorrect new stories [KFC], lyrics, history [Prodigy/Reading Fest incident]) and anwers to questions about announced releases (Anthology book). All other information (possible tour dates and upcoming releases) was filtered through the lovely and talented Misters Minton and tpk.

I don't remember Yauch ever coming on here and saying, "We plan on doing so-and-so." Maybe I'm forgetting?

I don't expect Yauch to personally keep us informed. The Beastie Boys have staff whose job it is to communicate information. Why the heck aren't they doing their job? Whatever...

i'd like to see him (or adam and mike) hang out here when there's nothing to promote........we're still here.......they should be to.......

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
06-13-2005, 07:55 PM
http://www.nastylittleman.com/releaseschedule.html

aw, man, that sucks! (n)
sometime between 2005 and 2006??
I'd like the damn dvd before I start collecting my social security :mad:
so thats basically anytime between now and December 31st, 2006 that it could come out?
son of a...

Laver1969
06-13-2005, 08:55 PM
I wish he would come back and help those people who are looking for the mashed potatoes sample. :) If he even knows.

YES!!! (y) (y) (y)

Laver1969
06-13-2005, 09:00 PM
It would be nice if they popped in from time to time just to say, "hey".

Or at least a monthly update...even if the "update" is something along the lines of "hey we're not really doing shit right now and we wanted to let you know that :D "

titou lapraline
06-14-2005, 02:31 AM
L.P stands for long play, initially what was an old term for an album.

E.P stands for extended play, as in extended single, so not an album by any means but generally longer than a single.

thanks! :) (y)

Mcmac
06-14-2005, 02:41 AM
mike d posting on it would be the coolest. i rekon hes under an alias because in the tour blog it shows mike "taking care of buissness on the bbmb"

Moorish
06-14-2005, 03:50 AM
mike d posting on it would be the coolest. i rekon hes under an alias because in the tour blog it shows mike "taking care of buissness on the bbmb"

Mike D is manties. I'm sure of it :D .

PaddyBoy
06-14-2005, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't really like Mike D or Adrock to just turn up now and start chatting on the boards because they had something to promote (like the DVD). If they haven't done it by now, just leave it and continue to ignore the fans. Even Cey Adams posted a few times last year.

Yauch should come back though, it was cool that at least he made the effort.

All in all though, this place has gotten pretty boring.

enree erzweglle
06-14-2005, 12:29 PM
All in all though, this place has gotten pretty boring.
I dunno, over in BF, they're pretty fired up over cock smoking. :p

Seriously, someone with some influence--get Yauch back for us. I'm moving beyond the comfortably numb stage that someone said would come with time. It came and I'm like, "Is that all you got?"

That someone...if you're reading, what comes after numbness?

Laver1969
06-14-2005, 12:52 PM
That someone...if you're reading, what comes after numbness?

Well...I believe that was me. If you're numb then one of three things may happen. :D

1. You will continue to come here like a robot and scroll through the same old threads...occasionally finding something that interests you...but it's not really anything "new".

2. You will get sucked into the BeastieFree discussions. I guess some folks find it entertaining.

3. You will become so numb you will forget to come to the board all together.

enree erzweglle
06-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Well...I believe that was me. If you're numb then one of three things may happen. :D

1. You will continue to come here like a robot and scroll through the same old threads...occasionally finding something that interests you...but it's not really anything "new".

2. You will get sucked into the BeastieFree discussions. I guess some folks find it entertaining.

I've got two down and one to go. I am so badly fucked.

Hello Laver1969. What does your screen name mean?

cj hood
06-14-2005, 02:09 PM

i've been at #1 for almost 10 years.......recently entered #2, it's like crack...i need to be in rehab...i wish i could get to #3

sethomas
06-14-2005, 02:12 PM
i've been at #1 for almost 10 years.......recently entered #2, it's like crack...i need to be in rehab...i wish i could get to #3

ive dabbled in #2, but havent got sucked in yet...

jennyb
06-14-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm feelin' the number three right about now.

I do wish they would just peek out from the caves they are in though and say 'hi'. If anything a news update to say 'we're workin' on the most hilarious DVD ever' or 'hey fans, we're eating twizzlers and playing video games'. Maybe come out with a ridiculous story for why the tour ended in such a weird way. This silence is deafening!

flower
06-17-2005, 11:19 AM
yo, the sasquatch business is so 2004, c-mon now...get serious....

LOL! I thought the same thing when I read that! (y)

ILLMIX
08-08-2005, 05:08 AM
it seems like a hiatus, we'll see them in 2008. untill then thye will be working on this Live DVD.

dave790
08-08-2005, 06:29 AM
What the hell DVD are we talking about? I searched the forums and I came up with nothing.

Sheesh.

Anyone else find this real surprising?

balohna
08-09-2005, 04:54 AM
This was my thought too.

Sounds of Science came out in 99, then the DVD anthology in 2000 or 2001. That's about it I guess, besides the odd performance at a festival or something. They managed to stay in the public eye up until 2000 because of the success of HN and SoS back to back, but they eventually went back into obscurity for a while.

instigator7022
08-16-2005, 10:03 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... so true. I hope i dont progress into the third stage