PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about prostitution?

mickill
06-15-2005, 02:10 PM
I think it's awful. Just awful.

Bob
06-15-2005, 02:20 PM
i dunno, i wouldn't do it personally, but to each their own

beastieangel01
06-15-2005, 02:21 PM
I find the fact that our education is lacking, parenting can be lacking, and the fact that money is so important in our world is awful. It's factors like those that probably don't help matters and drive some people in to prostitution. Not that all of them can't do something else, I'm sure some choose it and want to do it. But that is most definitely not always the case.

It's depressing :/

Bob
06-15-2005, 02:22 PM
beats being a janitor

jabumbo
06-15-2005, 02:24 PM
beats being a janitor

i think that would depend on the location...

maybe for a janitor of a middle/high school because you got those stupid kids who like to make the toilets explode, but most places i can't see being that bad...its like an extension of your typical household duties anyway

Nuzzolese
06-15-2005, 02:25 PM
but most places i can't see being that bad...its like an extension of your typical household duties anyway

ditto for prostitution?

jabumbo
06-15-2005, 02:26 PM
ditto for prostitution?

maybe if you lived in an apartment complex

QueenAdrock
06-15-2005, 02:26 PM
I think the men who need prostitutes are really gross. They're scummy and dirty and...ew. Most women go lesbian after a stint as a prostitute or stripper, because they see the worst the male population has to offer.

Prostitutes themselves? They're probably nice girls who ran away from home at young age to make it big and ended up sucking dick for crack. A real shame, actually.

Bob
06-15-2005, 02:28 PM
i think that would depend on the location...

maybe for a janitor of a middle/high school because you got those stupid kids who like to make the toilets explode, but most places i can't see being that bad...its like an extension of your typical household duties anyway

yeah, that's true. being a janitor in a high school, or a college dorm would be pretty awful, but i guess it's not that bad everywhere. plus you don't have to worry about getting raped/murdered every night. alright yeah, i take it back, i'd rather be a janitor.

ms.peachy
06-15-2005, 02:28 PM
I am in favour of legalised prostitution.

Not because I feel it is a great career choice, by any means, but because I think it is far better to have it in the light than in the darkness.

If it is illegal, it is unregulated and that is far more dangerous for the people involved.

Nuzzolese
06-15-2005, 02:29 PM
maybe if you lived in an apartment complex

I live in an apartment complex! It's mostly women.

I think the only thing wrong with prostitution is the danger which comes from the abuse of the prostitutes, which is a direct result of the consequences of the profession being illegal. Drugs, Pimps, the nature of finding clients - all under the rug and dangerous. Legalize it, unionize it, tax it, and I don't see anything wrong with it.

mickill
06-15-2005, 02:30 PM
At our old apartment, we used to see cars rolling up to hookers at like 10:00 am on a Sunday. Sometimes we'd even catch them getting dropped off a couple of hours later. When friends would drop by, we'd do things like throw eggs at the cars for fun. It's hard trying to hit a moving car across the street with an egg from an 18th floor balcony, man. Don't let anybody tell you it's easy.

QueenAdrock
06-15-2005, 02:34 PM
where was that, mickill?

Qdrop
06-15-2005, 02:37 PM
as a principle..i don't have an issue with it.
it's their business....their bodies.
gov't should not try and regulate morality whenever possible.

as a practice, however....it's a career riddled with physical and emotional abuse, violence in general, disease, poverty through pimp, exploitation, drug abuse,ect.

mostly due to it being illegal....

Not because I feel it is a great career choice, by any means, but because I think it is far better to have it in the light than in the darkness.

If it is illegal, it is unregulated and that is far more dangerous for the people involved.

exactly.

beastieangel01
06-15-2005, 02:37 PM

I agree with this as well.

ms.peachy
06-15-2005, 02:39 PM
exactly.
Dammit, you're agreeing with me. We haven't had a good fight in ages.

What happened to us, man? we used to be so good. I don't know if I can continue in this relationship.

Nuzzolese
06-15-2005, 02:44 PM
exactly.

I said the same thing, why does only she get your affirmation?

mickill
06-15-2005, 02:46 PM
where was that, mickill?

In the burbs of Vancouver, BC

By the way, I agree with you about how most of these girls start out in this "line of work". I actually knew a girl who later became prostitute. It's pretty sad. She grew up in a single parent household, got pregnant when she was 17, dropped out of school, one thing lead to another and boom. Next thing you know she's selling her body to make ends meet.

wavin_goodbye
06-15-2005, 02:47 PM
I think the men who need prostitutes are really gross. They're scummy and dirty and...ew. Most women go lesbian after a stint as a prostitute or stripper, because they see the worst the male population has to offer.

Prostitutes themselves? They're probably nice girls who ran away from home at young age to make it big and ended up sucking dick for crack. A real shame, actually.

so the men who go see them are gross..but the prostitutes themselves are just nice girls.... :rolleyes:

Bob
06-15-2005, 02:48 PM
so the men who go see them are gross..but the prostitutes themselves are just nice girls.... :rolleyes:

i agree, filthy sluts, all of them. why do you think they call them "whores", huh

enree erzweglle
06-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Maybe so many gross men go to prostitutes because the non-gross men don't want to break the law.

I say educate and then legalize.

beastieangel01
06-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Next thing you know she's selling her body to make ends meet.

yeah :/

kll
06-15-2005, 02:52 PM
hookers on a corner in the ghetto and the women who work at the "Bunny Ranch" (and similar properties) in Nevada are a bit different to me. it seems like the guys that i know that have ever gone out to one of the "houses" went while drunk and curious, whilst they would never consider picking up a hooker off a corner... it's definitely a profession that i cannot fathom, but there seems to be a bit of a difference between what is provided when it's legal (as in frequent health checks, madames, etc.) and what you get for $5 in the front seat of your car...

i do find it rather bizarre to be driving out in the middle of the desert, coming across what seems to be a deserted mobile home, but the red porch light is on and they are waiting... i have always pictured it to be a married couple where the husband sells his wife off to lonely, horny truckers on these desolate routes... "come on, Martha... get your work clothes on... there's a truck a'comin'..."

Qdrop
06-15-2005, 02:52 PM
I said the same thing, why does only she get your affirmation?

too many paragraphs.

i'm kidding.
you're very smart too....

*hugs*

Nuzzolese
06-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I think many women are essentially prostitutes even if it's not obvious or literal. I wouldn't judge the women that harshly, nor the men who patronize them - unless the women are abusing or endangering their children or the men are abusing the prostitutes.

Oh and I'm completely forgetting the male prostitutes. Same goes for them anyway. Although I do feel worse for some of them, especially the young gay men whom I feel have fewer options than the women, simply because of the heavier aggression that is heaved upon them in daily life.

Nuzzolese
06-15-2005, 02:57 PM
You know what? I can talk a lot of compassion and self righteousness but honestly I have never met a prostitute, I've never understood what really happens I've only seen movies and bits and pieces of documentaries and news bits about the legal whore houses. I don't know anything about what the business is like in other countries where it is legal.

I don't know anything about prostitution. I don't know how I feel about it. Any ideas I have are purely hypothetical, based on what I've heard, been told.

How do you all feel, who have also never encountered prostitution besides maybe seeing a few prostitutes? We don't know what we're talking about.

Tone Capone
06-15-2005, 02:58 PM
"come on, Martha... get your work clothes on... there's a truck a'comin'..."

LOL! (y)

mickill
06-15-2005, 03:02 PM
How do you all feel, who have also never encountered prostitution besides maybe seeing a few prostitutes? We don't know what we're talking about.

Well, I'm sure everybody's seen Pretty Woman by now. I mean, c'mon.

Nuzzolese
06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Well, I'm sure everybody's seen Pretty Woman by now. I mean, c'mon.

And she gets mad when Jason Alexander propositions her. Like she has standards! She's a high-class street walker.

Bob
06-15-2005, 03:08 PM
but then they'd have to pay taxes

what a silly way to start the second page

DroppinScience
06-15-2005, 03:11 PM
I know where you're all coming from on the argument for legalized prostitution, yet there's something unsettling about the thought of legalized prostitution. :confused:

Then again, I find illegal prostitution unsettling too...

Bob
06-15-2005, 03:12 PM
The government would be their pimp.

that's true, i forgot about pimps. taxes might be preferable, huh?

Qdrop
06-15-2005, 03:13 PM
And she gets mad when Jason Alexander propositions her. Like she has standards! She's a high-class street walker.

i know! i always hated that part of the movie.
and i hated the writers for putting that part in...
as if we are supposed to feel for and side with the prostitute?
she fucks for money....she objectifies herself for cash! how can she come off all self righteous when he comes on to her for a quickie?

it's like a bartender getting mad if you ask him for one more drink. i mean, what does he expect me to do, ask him to do my taxes?

Nuzzolese
06-15-2005, 03:15 PM
And Richard Gere is supposed to be a romantic John instead of just creepy for picking her up off the street.

Nuzzolese
06-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm sure they will still have to have....um...we'll call them "love brokers", but the government would regulate the percentage they received. Not the ridiculous 90%, or whatever they choose, they get now.

Im sure the prostitutes themselves would see a lot more of the money.

That's why they'd need a union!

sjp
06-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Hookers at the point series, and American pimp.

mickill
06-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah, that semi-ruined the movie for me, too.

Qdrop
06-15-2005, 03:18 PM
And Richard Gere is supposed to be a romantic John instead of just creepy for picking her up off the street.

i know.
the "real" pretty woman would go a little differant:

richard gere: *pulls up to curb* i want you to blow me then get the fuck out of my car.
julia roberts: ok, let me take my teeth out first.

mickill
06-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Great album (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006AAVM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg), by the way.

ms.peachy
06-15-2005, 03:21 PM
You know what? I can talk a lot of compassion and self righteousness but honestly I have never met a prostitute, I've never understood what really happens I've only seen movies and bits and pieces of documentaries and news bits about the legal whore houses. I don't know anything about what the business is like in other countries where it is legal.

I don't know anything about prostitution. I don't know how I feel about it. Any ideas I have are purely hypothetical, based on what I've heard, been told.

I have actually met a few, both male and female. Don't ask why or how, I don't feel like explaining right now, suffice it to say it was in an academic capacity.

Overall the ones I spoke to were very candid with me about their lives, thier work and their choices. I don't know that is entirely fair to portray all of them as 'unfortunate victims', although that is likely the majority.

It is a very complex issue. As I said, I think it is better for it to be legal than for it to be illegal. In places where it is legal, the practitioners are much better protected and the opportunities for them to 'get off the game' are far greater. Illegality breeds ever greater levels of degradation and exploitation.

I also cannot fault all of the men (as, it is mainly men, but I am aware of exceptions) who utilise such services. Let's say that there is the case of a man who has been tragically disfigured in some way, who has been through trauma and finds it near impossible to "date" in any regualr sense of the word. Yet, he has the same sexual desires as any other human. Is it so bad to enlist the services of a sympathetic professional?

marsdaddy
06-15-2005, 03:37 PM
You're all missing the point of Pretty Woman. Even a prostitute can hold out for love, when staying in a classy hotel.

The problem is not just prostitution but the degradation of sex and love. I guess it's not much different than someone eating larvae to win $10K. Just as titillating to some, too?

I agree with many people here -- particurlary Nuzz -- who said prostitution should be legal.

Freebasser
06-15-2005, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't do it if I didn't need the money for that hip operation.

abcdefz
06-15-2005, 03:46 PM
I think The Who should've broken up for good a long time ago; that's what I think.

synch
06-15-2005, 03:56 PM
As far as I know most prostitutes here in Amsterdam have health insurance, a union and pay tax.

It's still a dodgy "industry" with illegal immigrants being forced to prostitute themselves but I'm fairly sure it's less bad than in most other places.

People are going to buy/sell sex anyway, might as well regulate it.

Same goes for weed in my opinion.

(I don't make use of either of those facilities though)

Freebasser
06-15-2005, 04:00 PM
You made me pay :mad:

synch
06-15-2005, 04:09 PM
If it's any comfort 60% of that went to union fees, tax and insurance.

Beckalina
06-15-2005, 04:11 PM
prostitution is all good if people are willing to pay for it and people are willing to sell it then why not, they should make it legal so its safer

cosmo105
06-15-2005, 04:28 PM
whatever Freebasser does on his own time is his business and nobody else's.

Nuzzolese
06-16-2005, 07:59 AM
i don't know any hookers but i got mistaken for one once. my boyfriend and i went clubbing one night and we were on our way to catch the night bus home but we also got a bit hungry so he went into McDonalds while i waited outside for him. while i was outside waiting for my boyfriend to come out 2 cars pulled up within the space of 5 mins, both had creepy dudes inside trying to get me into their cars!!! it's not like that particular area was known for curb crawlers or anything but from that night onwards i swore i'd never stand alone on the streets at night again :rolleyes:

HA!! That's fantastic. What did the men say? Were dressed especially provocatively?

Nuzzolese
06-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Oh man that reminds of one night when I was walking back from the clubs to my homestay family in Nice, France - which can get pretty shady in parts - and this guy pulled up slowly and smiled through the window at me and said something but I just flipped him off and kept walking briskly with my head down. I think flipping him off was the mistake because he seemed to like that or something. He smiled and shook his finger at me, and circled around the block three times so he could drive alongside me and leer and say things - I couldn't understand or hear because I was too drunk and it probably wasn't in English. Not that he seemed to think I was a prostitute or anything, he was just creepy. And it was scary.

ericlee
06-16-2005, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't mess with hookers but it's a good idea in some cases. Some people just cant get laid no matter how hard they try.

If it was like in some parts in Europe where it's legal and the prostitutes are required to get monthly checkups, perhaps the rape statistics would decrease.

Take for granted though, there still are some sickos who rape for the thrill.

Nuzzolese
06-16-2005, 08:57 AM
see, hearing things like that makes me too scared to ever go on holiday on my own

No don't be afraid! Stories like that make it an adventure. And with that are also experiences of the beautiful landscapes and swimming in the Mediterranean, and open markets, and museums and galleries, and the food OH GOD THE FOOD! and the Monaco Grand Prix and the Cannes Film Festival and meeting people from all over the world and seeing cute Dutch boys cleaning boats bigger than my parents' house...

Echewta
06-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Why get a hooker when you can find a bar full of depressed and confussed women who need to "escape" something in their lives and will go home with you for free?

Echewta
06-16-2005, 09:21 AM
I was just thinking about saving some money, thats all.

Nuzzolese
06-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Why get a hooker when you can find a bar full of depressed and confussed women who need to "escape" something in their lives and will go home with you for free?

Because those women might not be as good in bed, and they might keep trying to call you and come over.

Echewta
06-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Good? Who cares? If I'm looking for good, I wouldn't be looking for a street walker, trailer knocker, or lack of self esteem on a bar stool.

Nuzzolese
06-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Good? Who cares? If I'm looking for good, I wouldn't be looking for a street walker, trailer knocker, or lack of self esteem on a bar stool.

You know what, honestly I'm still a little confounded by the concept of "good in bed."

like2_drink
06-16-2005, 10:28 AM
theres only like one prostitute out here, and i think she has a house. I really don't have an opinion on prostitution other then i think they could find better ways to spend their days.

Echewta
06-16-2005, 10:31 AM
You know what, honestly I'm still a little confounded by the concept of "good in bed."

"Good" for me is if I'm lucky and they showered before hand.

cosmo105
06-16-2005, 10:32 AM
more like if she's breathing and doesn't care

Nuzzolese
06-16-2005, 10:32 AM
"Good" for me is if I'm lucky and they showered before hand.

Good? He's amazing!

Echewta
06-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Oh! Breathing is awesome. I like when they do that.

I think good means you want to do it again. Bad means its uncomfortable afterwards and you make the bed and leave?

Kenny Blewblood
06-16-2005, 10:43 AM
The last time I went to Atlantic City, this 50 year old hooker offered to show me her tits for $2. I told her I was going to pass... but what a bargain!

Laver1969
06-16-2005, 11:11 AM

lack of self esteem on a bar stool...i've met her.

Nuzzolese
06-16-2005, 11:12 AM
lack of self esteem on a bar stool...i've met her.

I've BEEN her!

ms.peachy
06-16-2005, 01:05 PM
I've BEEN her!
Oh honey, we've all been there once or twice :o

It's only when it's a lifestyle that it's a problem.

Echewta
06-16-2005, 01:09 PM
I should hit some bars tonight.

marsdaddy
06-16-2005, 02:20 PM
.i think i wore a red top, black miniskirt, biker boots and a dog collar that night but i was wearing a long black coat over my clothes.As my grandmother used to tell my aunt, "Red and black are streetwalker colors!"

Dr Deaf
06-16-2005, 04:36 PM

some people have no hussle.

prostitution being illegal is nearly as ridiculous as marihuana prohibition.

dinner + movie = $100

you can get a blow job in orlando for $15 and straight sex for $50. one way or another you're paying for sex. prostitution just cuts the whole courting / love process out. i say legalize it, regulate it, unionize the sex trade workers and have designated areas for such activities in an industrial zone away from places of education and worship. personally i couldn't imagine having any sexual relations without some true affection being present.

zippo
06-16-2005, 04:41 PM
you can get a blow job in orlando for $15 and straight sex for $50. one way or another you're paying for sex. prostitution just cuts the whole courting / love process out.

well that was inspiring

Beth
06-16-2005, 11:14 PM
^ he hears me bitching too much. and part of it is misconstrued through no fault of his own.

i have many clients who are arrested for prostitution. some for being hookers, some for trying to pick up hookers. the area of town factors in greatly to the rate charged. a blow job in a particular area of orlando is $15. however, in some of the wealthier suburbs, where the cost of living is higher, you'll see hookers asking for $40 for a blow job. and some of my clients base their rates on how much money the dude is carrying or what the dude looks like he can afford to pay. after all, if you can charge way more for the same service, you're at least going to try, right? it's an average based on cost of living. i have one client charged with prostitution that agreed to have sex for $20. she's a repeat offender -- the last time, she agreed to sex for $65.

i didn't read the entire thread, but here's my take on it: prostitution is going to occur in some form or another. so, regulate it and tax it. if the government regulates it, it will be a lot safer for all individuals on both sides. the tax money can go into a fund for helping those who don't want to be stuck in the cycle of sex for money. i have one client whom i begged to enter a program -- i saw her the other day for the first time in 3 weeks, and she looks like an entirely new person. i cried. she cried. she looks fabulous and she says she feels great, and she's glad i believed in her and pushed her. can she pull out of that cycle? i hope like hell that she does. if she falls back into it, i hope that she ends up in my division of the courthouse so i can either get her off of drugs yet again, or put her back in an education program to earn her g.e.d.

i generally do not allow my hooker clients to plead to probation because i know they are just going to violate probation by hooking again. that only earns them more time in jail than they would have gotten on the original charge. and jail time offers them a better opportunity to get clean than they would have on the street while on probation.

i wish i knew the answer. do i think the uneducated and/or addicted and/or dispossessed should be jailed? no. i think they should be provided with options when they are ready to explore them. until that time, they are just trying to take advantage of an asset that requires no special degree or skill, and is a service that many are willing to pay for because their needs aren't being met for whatever reason.

</rant>

marsdaddy
06-17-2005, 11:27 AM
until that time, they are just trying to take advantage of an asset that requires no special degree or skill, and is a service that many are willing to pay for because their needs aren't being met for whatever reason.

</rant>This made me sad for the ones that live to 35+. :(

Qdrop
06-17-2005, 11:31 AM

ahhh......college.

Qdrop
06-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Because those women might not be as good in bed, and they might keep trying to call you and come over.

aahh.....college.

Echewta
06-17-2005, 11:39 AM
I did go to a bar last night but it was to upscale for easy college pick'ns

Qdrop
06-17-2005, 11:45 AM
I did go to a bar last night but it was to upscale for easy college pick'ns

Hooters?

icy manipulator
07-30-2005, 01:52 AM

paul jones
07-30-2005, 08:17 AM
in the end, we are all prostitutes

TurdBerglar
07-30-2005, 09:42 AM
my crazy ex girlfriend is a stripper now. she lives with my cousin's half sister. so i get to hear details of the "extras" she does at the club. not so good of a feeling. prostitution sucks hard.

Tone Capone
07-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Prostitution should not only be legal. It should be MANDATORY!!!

I'm not being serious...

Medellia
07-31-2005, 12:14 AM
If it's gonna happen anyway, why NOT make it legal so it can be regulated and the prostitues can be safer? It's common sense really. It won't stop, so why not keep them as safe as possible.

GetYourWarOn
07-31-2005, 12:16 AM
If it's gonna happen anyway, why NOT make it legal so it can be regulated and the prostitues can be safer? It's common sense really. It won't stop, so why not keep them as safe as possible.

(y)

Fern
07-31-2005, 05:18 PM
I bought a blowjob at a bachlor party when I was 17.

I felt like a piece of shit for a while.

paul jones
07-31-2005, 05:29 PM
I bought a blowjob at a bachlor party when I was 17.

I felt like a piece of shit for a while.

why?, because it was so expensive?

synch
07-31-2005, 05:30 PM
Maybe he paid to administer one.

Yeti
08-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Al Swearengen: In life you have to do a lot of things you don't fucking want to do. Many times, that's what the fuck life is... one vile fucking task after another.

Al Swearengen quotes from Deadwood are some of the best........but he really made me laugh when an overweight whore walked by and he said....

You just know she has fucked for food.

Yeti
08-31-2006, 09:57 PM
...but i bet a lot of these men who go to hookers go to them because these hookers would do depraved sexual acts that they've seen in hardcore porn that most normal decent girls wouldn't do...

Like leave after sex?

kate
08-31-2006, 10:59 PM
i do gross porn stuff with my boyfriend. i'd make a good hooker probably

Rancid_Beasties
08-31-2006, 11:17 PM
I agree with most people in here that it should be legalised, regulated and taxed, with that money being put towards education.

The consensus is such that it makes me wonder why its still illegal in so many countries (well its pretty obvious that its illegal in America because of the christian conservatives but I mean other not so nutso countries)

Kid Presentable
08-31-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm friends with a prostitute. Odd lady.

skra75
08-31-2006, 11:53 PM
sweet christ some of these posts are looonnnng
of course it should be legal, but then again, I think I should just move to amstedam and save myself the headaches.

Kid Presentable
08-31-2006, 11:55 PM
you know what happens with friends don't you? what if one day this friend of yours decided that she wanted to be more than friends with you? would you still date her?
Nah man, I'm engaged. Plus, if she wanted to become more than friends, I would still have to pay.

Slimboy Fat
09-01-2006, 04:41 AM
How do you feel about prostitution?

Fuck em.

chrisd
09-01-2006, 04:52 AM
Chris D ain't never loved no hoe, then again Einstein had fun with the hose in prague

Tone Capone
09-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Prostitution should be encouraged in schools because the more time our kids spend patronizing a whore, the less time they have to um I don't know....
JOIN A GANG AND DO DRUGS!!!!!!

Think about the kids please.

Nivvie
09-01-2006, 05:58 AM
There was a bloke on the news when I lived in Nottingham saying that since the pros moved out of the crappy areas to where he lived, the value of his house had halved. In general, it shouldn't be something people should have to live near. Regardless of what type of area they live in, no one deserves to find used condoms in their front gardens, have their kids playing out in the street, watching girls get picked up.

It needs to be legal, and it needs to be done in whore warehouses on the edge of industrial estates away from everyone.

fraserallison
09-01-2006, 08:46 AM

I THINK ITS GREAT