PDA

View Full Version : Who has an interview this Monday?

cosmo105
06-25-2005, 12:16 PM
I do. That's right. THEY called ME. I meant to call them on my lunchbreak yesterday but forgot. I hadn't been too hopeful because they said that they just hired on two trainees....but apparently they were interested in me. OH YEAH.

ToucanSpam
06-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Congrats. I am very glad to hear that you are going to get a job you like. I hope it is satisfying.

Where is this job at again?

alruggs
06-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Go get 'em, tiger. *smacks ass*

*squeezes ass*

*squeezes ass with 2 hands*

cj hood
06-25-2005, 12:20 PM
I do. That's right. THEY called ME. I meant to call them on my lunchbreak yesterday but forgot. I hadn't been too hopeful because they said that they just hired on two trainees....but apparently they were interested in me. OH YEAH.

bring your laptop

cosmo105
06-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Go get 'em, tiger. *smacks ass*

*squeezes ass*

*squeezes ass with 2 hands*

oh my :o

it's at a much bigger health food store really close to matt's office. it's in a very busy area...it's even got a little restaurant in it. and it looks perfect for me :)

ToucanSpam
06-25-2005, 12:21 PM
it's at a much bigger health food store really close to matt's office. it's in a very busy area...it's even got a little restaurant in it. and it looks perfect for me :)
That's AWSOME. What kind of things do you expect to be doing, or do you know?

cosmo105
06-25-2005, 12:28 PM
well, i'd like to start off at something without too much responsibility, but i think evenutally i'd like to be in management. i mean, i'm an assistant manager now, and have a key to the store, and they trust me with hundreds of dollars in cash at a time.

ToucanSpam
06-25-2005, 12:30 PM
well, i'd like to start off at something without too much responsibility, but i think evenutally i'd like to be in management. i mean, i'm an assistant manager now, and have a key to the store, and they trust me with hundreds of dollars in cash at a time.

I think that management would be appropriate for you. But first, the road from the bottom to the top would teach you the things you need to know in order to run a good shop. (My boss tells me these things often.)

RobMoney
06-25-2005, 01:30 PM
bring your laptop

**Said the asshole who thinks he's too cool to be in BF**

keep posting how stupid it is, for real, we're all getting a kick out of this,

you're the life of this place!!

RobMoney
06-25-2005, 01:32 PM
It sounds like they may hire all 3 of you and eventually just keep the best 2.
Survivor style.

You having expierence in the field should give you a huge edge in the competition.

enree erzweglle
06-25-2005, 01:43 PM
And I'd go to that health food store too.
Hope you get great employee discounts on the stuff they sell!

I volunteered at our local co-op for a summer and the discounts were the best. Second best was meeting all the people who shopped there. I made some friends that way. Most people who came in almost seemed to want to talk more than shop.

Beth
06-25-2005, 01:49 PM
congrats, cosmosis. :) i hope you get the job. maybe one of the new people is already not working out too well.

King PSYZ
06-25-2005, 03:35 PM
use your newfound fame and fortune to come to vegas already then... sucka

ms.peachy
06-25-2005, 05:01 PM
go Tofulina go!

cosmo105
06-26-2005, 01:12 PM
go Tofulina go!
:D

mickill
06-26-2005, 01:21 PM
How sensitive of you to brag about your potenial new employment and how these folks are practically dying to hire you when Brabs just lost her job, dude. Way to go!

You. Congrats. I know you can do it.

cosmo105
06-27-2005, 12:13 AM
i'm kind of nervous, but more excited. i know i'll ace it. i just hope they can afford me. i'm a high-class hooker.

beastieangel01
06-27-2005, 11:38 AM
yay (y)

mp-seventythree
06-27-2005, 12:06 PM
How did the interview go?

cosmo105
06-27-2005, 12:09 PM
it's not for a few hours. i'm getting nervous :o

cj hood
06-27-2005, 12:12 PM

cosmo105
06-27-2005, 12:13 PM
cj hood, i saw that. leave this board. leave my thread. there are plenty of threads in BG for you to bitch about how pathetic we are over here. thanks. writing something and then changing it like that? that was stupid. just saying something to make yourself feel like a big tough guy, huh? grow up.

i hope i don't have to dye my hair back to a normal color or take out my lip ring. :(

ToucanSpam
06-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Did it happen yet? DID IT? DID IT?

I need to know. :D

cosmo105
06-27-2005, 02:02 PM
IT'S NOT FOR ANOTHER HOUR AND A HALF AND IT ONLY TAKES 40 MINUTES TO GET THERE BUT I'M NERVOUS AND I WANNA GO NOW AND OH GOD I HOPE I LOOK PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH

mp-seventythree
06-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Calm down, you'll be fine :)

Echewta
06-27-2005, 02:28 PM
I'd worry about your English, if anything.

ToucanSpam
06-27-2005, 02:56 PM
IT'S NOT FOR ANOTHER HOUR AND A HALF AND IT ONLY TAKES 40 MINUTES TO GET THERE BUT I'M NERVOUS AND I WANNA GO NOW AND OH GOD I HOPE I LOOK PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH
Okay. Woah. Slow down cowgirl.

Play it cool. Like Obi Wan Cannoli.

cosmo105
06-27-2005, 05:31 PM
I'd worry about your English, if anything.
funny you should say that. i'll explain in a bit.

it went really well. it was kind of odd at first - a younger guy told me to sit at the restaurant counter next to this little old lady and said "don't get freaked out." so i talked to her for a second, and she told me she had to eat her lunch so wait around a few minutes. about 20 minutes of walking around looking at every single product later, she finished and we walked upstairs to talk. her oldest daughter was there too, i guess she helps run the store...anyway, i basically told them all my current responsibilities and my abilities with food and nutrition and especially supplements, and that really impressed them...they liked me a LOT. they essentially said they want to put me to work right away, BUT...they can't. they don't have an opportunity for me, for what i want anyway, at this time. they could only offer me something less than what i'm worth. but they do want me in the fall when i move there, and then i'd be able to have what i wanted. so that's a nice thought. the little old lady said she thought i would help them out a lot and would definitely be an asset to them, and she wants to put me to work and all. it was nice to get some positive feedback about it. but for now, i think i'll keep looking. it's nice to know that i got that offer for the fall, but maybe something better will come up. we'll see.

one thing that she said that kind of confuzzled me was that i have a great way of communicating and am very easy to understand, and that i "speak perfect English." i don't know what she meant by that. does she think i just crawled under the border fence yesterday or something? either way, crazy old ladies are funny.

i'm happy with how it went. they said they're going to discuss it and let me know if they can figure out some way to get me in there right now, but if not, i'm happy with that too. woo. :)

Echewta
06-27-2005, 05:33 PM
I know this town. I wasn't joking. Or was I?

marsdaddy
06-27-2005, 05:44 PM
....and they trust me with hundreds of dollars in cash at a time.:)

Glad it went well.

synch
06-27-2005, 05:44 PM
and my abilities with food and nutrition and especially supplements, and that really impressed them...
I'm sorry but I just pictured you juggling a pear, a banana and a cucumber while balancing hunk of tofu on your nose.

cosmo105
06-27-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm sorry but I just pictured you juggling a pear, a banana and a cucumber while balancing hunk of tofu on your nose.
no need to apologize. (y)

ToucanSpam
06-27-2005, 09:05 PM
funny you should say that. i'll explain in a bit.

it went really well. it was kind of odd at first - a younger guy told me to sit at the restaurant counter next to this little old lady and said "don't get freaked out." so i talked to her for a second, and she told me she had to eat her lunch so wait around a few minutes. about 20 minutes of walking around looking at every single product later, she finished and we walked upstairs to talk. her oldest daughter was there too, i guess she helps run the store...anyway, i basically told them all my current responsibilities and my abilities with food and nutrition and especially supplements, and that really impressed them...they liked me a LOT. they essentially said they want to put me to work right away, BUT...they can't. they don't have an opportunity for me, for what i want anyway, at this time. they could only offer me something less than what i'm worth. but they do want me in the fall when i move there, and then i'd be able to have what i wanted. so that's a nice thought. the little old lady said she thought i would help them out a lot and would definitely be an asset to them, and she wants to put me to work and all. it was nice to get some positive feedback about it. but for now, i think i'll keep looking. it's nice to know that i got that offer for the fall, but maybe something better will come up. we'll see.

one thing that she said that kind of confuzzled me was that i have a great way of communicating and am very easy to understand, and that i "speak perfect English." i don't know what she meant by that. does she think i just crawled under the border fence yesterday or something? either way, crazy old ladies are funny.

i'm happy with how it went. they said they're going to discuss it and let me know if they can figure out some way to get me in there right now, but if not, i'm happy with that too. woo. :)

I am glad that it went well for you. Seriously. (y) :)

ms.peachy
06-28-2005, 03:10 AM
(y)
Keep looking around, as you said, but keep this in your back pocket. (Always good to have a Plan B, right?)