PDA

View Full Version : nYgel - Broken Turntable

Nygel
06-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Ok, I've been busy for the past few months making a cd (Iced Coffee) and this, I guess you could call it, is the first single. Now, if your a fan of my earlier work you'll realize that I've improved VERY much. This is a 3 Mcs & 1 Dj remix, its sortof a mashup. It also includes the vocals of Beck (broken drum).
With that said PLEASE enjoy my nice little work of art.

nYgel - Broken Turntable (http://www.codelisten.net/audio/Broken%20Turntable.mp3)

nYgel

pip07
06-26-2005, 09:11 PM
I can't believe no one else has posted yet. This stuff is really good. You all should take a good listen. I can't wait for the rest of the tracks to come out. Keep up the work Nygel.

dirtydan11
06-27-2005, 06:58 AM
good job. i dig it. i think the end faded for way too long but otherwise (lb) ba da da da da i'm lovin it

Nygel
06-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks guys, feedback is awesome (y) (y) (y)
neither of these songs have acapellas, thats probably what makes this song so good, its a jump from the normal remixes that pass by on these boards.

If ya download, please comment, i NEED feedback... i survive off it

midzi
06-27-2005, 12:34 PM
I really enjoyed it.

Good work. (y)

I'm waiting for more.

Beastly Boy
06-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Beastly digs it (y) Keep up the good work!

Nygel
06-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks, glad its getting possitive feedback, i figured someone would get shitty because 3 mcs and 1 dj had no acapella.... i thought i covered up the original sounds pretty well though (y)

pip07
06-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks, glad its getting possitive feedback, i figured someone would get shitty because 3 mcs and 1 dj had no acapella.... i thought i covered up the original sounds pretty well though (y)

Sure did, I kinda like how some of them blend in though as well

Neo
06-28-2005, 12:23 PM
I thought that was more funky than a diper rash, i really enjoyed that. I'm listening to it on repeat!!!
I wanna hear more of this stuff!!!! Good work!

Chicka B
06-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Holy crap (!) (y) (y)

Nygel
06-29-2005, 03:12 PM
feedback is awesome (y)(y), i can't stress how much i love getting these kind of comments for it. its sweet.... i also did this remix to show how well beck and the bboys sound together... maybe one day a sweet collab;)

pip07
07-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Nygel how's the LP coming along?

dirtydan11
07-03-2005, 01:58 PM
yeah when is song 3 coming out dude?

Nygel
07-04-2005, 10:36 PM
yeah when is song 3 coming out dude?

song 3? :confused:

Iced Coffee will be out as soon as possible, its out of my hands and into my webhosts now. He'll get it up when he can. I'm lucky that he hosts me so he'll do wat he can.

[and pip, ill also let him now to fix the root down link]

SpuffyRJ
07-06-2005, 06:29 PM
It's really cool :) :D (y)

cubsfirstplace
07-06-2005, 11:14 PM
thats really good, the best 3 mc's and 1 dj remix i have ever heard

Pootytang
07-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Really sweet stuff man! I give it 3 thumbs way up in the air.

Nygel
07-07-2005, 11:17 PM
UPDATE: Iced Coffee SHOULD be up by the end of this month, of course things will happen and the date will move around quite a bit.

also, root down will be rehosted when i get the chance to send it. i have 3 songs that werent hosted on codelisten.net, but ive found two and are now being hosted (Spam is not hosted, if its on the web and u kno where its at, i would appreciate that).

my first "real" remix - Negotiation Limerick Fyle (nYgel remix) (http://www.codelisten.net/audio/The%20Negotiation%20Limerick%20Fyle%20(nYgel%20rMx ).mp3)
and a great collab - Ch-Check It Out (nYgel & DJ Zap remix) (http://www.codelisten.net/audio/dj%20zap_nygel%20remix%20of%20check%20it%20out.mp3 )

and of course thank u to those who enjoyed it, and one more thing... www.urbangenetics.com .... the message board (http://urbangenetics.com/board) isnt exactly booming with activity, so if you could, please register (free, takes two seconds) and post some stuff, start a few threads, if has potention but someone has to help it grow.

DeeJayZap
07-12-2005, 06:02 AM
Ok, I've been busy for the past few months making a cd (Iced Coffee) and this, I guess you could call it, is the first single. Now, if your a fan of my earlier work you'll realize that I've improved VERY much. This is a 3 Mcs & 1 Dj remix, its sortof a mashup. It also includes the vocals of Beck (broken drum).
With that said PLEASE enjoy my nice little work of art.

nYgel - Broken Turntable (http://www.codelisten.net/audio/Broken%20Turntable.mp3)

nYgel
very nice

brmanuk
07-17-2005, 02:51 PM
How did you reduce the origional beats from 3 Mc's and 1 Dj?

Nygel
07-17-2005, 03:26 PM
their are techniques used to take the beats away from the voices through frequencies, but i dont have that kind of technology, listen carefully, ull hear the original beats. i just did a good job hiding them.

DJBlackbox
07-29-2005, 10:42 AM
I haven't been here in god knows how long and I just thought I'd check out your remix, having talked to you a few times on MSN in the past.

You definetely have improved from where you used to be. It's almost like you're not the same person anymore, and I'm extremely impressed. Getting props from Yauch has to tell you that you're damn good.

What do you use to the make the beats if you dont mind me asking?

innuendo
07-30-2005, 12:10 AM
All well done!!! Esp the Beck one. :cool:

Friis gal
07-30-2005, 04:24 AM
i like the 80-ish style in the start of the one with zap (y)
to bad it shortly jumps in ekko...

the beck one has a very good feel to it (y) and also i hope they will do something togehter

Negotiation Limerick Fyle one is nice... (y) i like the part were it goes dum dumm dum dum dum... there in the start and end... :D

cant wait for the brrr stick 'em :)

boys_beastie
07-30-2005, 10:05 AM
nygel what tempo did you use for root down? or if you slowed it down--how?
\
thanks

that a nice song by the way, i havent had the chance to mix any beck stuff yet. but i want to try one with girl and the first track off sea change

Nygel
07-31-2005, 12:44 PM
boys_beastie - root down i believe was 100, the normal tempo for it. u can slow it down with the little bar below the tracks in acid though. i cant remember, i did root down long ago and since then my computer has crashed about 6 times, so i lost that project long ago.

Friis gal - thanks, i really do have some awesome beats lined up for brrr stick em. but its not at all like this one, these beats are way different, very synth and catchy. i try not to make all mixes sound the same, we need variety.

innuendo - thanks

DJBlackbox - i only did minor production, alot of the background music is from Beck's Broken Drum (boards of canada remix), i added like two extra beats to set it a little more my style, i sped up broken drum, slowed down 3 mcs 1 dj, echoed some parts, put in a beat here and there, and then seperated it all and made it spectacular. but i use fruityloops 3 DEMO to make beats, im havin a hard time getting the newer versions...

nYgel

jennyb
07-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Jesus Nygel! I finally gave this a listen. Holy crap this is nice! (y)

Keep up the good work. Cannot wait to rock this track at one of my next gatherings. (y)

Nygel
01-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Oh, snap... looks like I got this baby back online for ya'll to re-peep or for those who haven't peeped, or those who missed the peepin' the first time around.
special thanks to silence7 for temporary hosting of this fine track till I get it up again on my website.

nYgel - Broken Turntable (http://www.silence7.com/downloads/3Mcs1DJ_nYgelBroken%20Turntablemix.mp3)

and now my website has it too:

nYgel - Broken Turntable (http://www.powow.com/nygizzle/3Mcs1DJ_nYgelBroken%20Turntablemix.mp3)

ENJOY!

Joakizmo
01-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Whoa! Now thats a cool mashup.
Shame on me for never having heard it before!

Nygel
01-26-2006, 10:01 PM
thanks, i have a whole bunch of mixes that are just awesome and are just as good as this and way more original... but i just cant get them online very good... if i had cable and a computer that was worth looking at everything would be different... but being on dialup and a computer that will randomly restart itself when im not paying attention and doesnt even allow me to start up acid music studio anymore i have alot of trouble getting my music online... but glad you like it (y)

CosmoKramer
06-14-2007, 11:29 AM
WOW...This was before my time on the boards....This shit is awesome, Nygel....Now this is what a mashup is all about....Really nice work.....

Just to let you guys know...All the links for this song are dead but can be found on Nygels page on BeastieMixes.com under "Iced Coffee"

To make it easy
Broken Turntable (http://beastiemixes.com/nygel.htm)

Nygel
06-14-2007, 03:46 PM
i liked this one cuz yauch said it was good :)