PDA

View Full Version : Date Loaf

Rancid_Beasties
06-27-2005, 05:51 AM
How does my mum make it so good? :)

Its easily one my favourite cakes...and thats saying alot because I love my cakes (and it is a cake!!! even if it is a loaf cake thing).

So are you a fan of date loaf? If not what is your favourite loaf style cake (ie banana loaf etc)

enree erzweglle
06-27-2005, 05:57 AM
zuccini loaf

Rancid_Beasties
06-27-2005, 06:21 AM
I dunno about zucchini loaf, but I love zucchini slice (y)

enree erzweglle
06-27-2005, 06:41 AM
I dunno about zucchini loaf, but I love zucchini slice (y)
Me too. I have raw zuccini & broccoli packed in my lunch today.

(Zuccini bread/loaf recipes usually call for adding sugar, but that usually makes it too sweet tasting for my taste.)

Rancid_Beasties
06-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Me too. I have raw zuccini & broccoli packed in my lunch today.

(Zuccini bread/loaf recipes usually call for adding sugar, but that usually makes it too sweet tasting for my taste.)
The zucchini slice my mum makes is basically like a quiche but with bacon and zucchini through it, but without the pastry crust. Its great hot or cold (y)

zorra_chiflada
06-27-2005, 07:17 AM
my mother makes a wicked zuccini loaf/cake. it's like carrot cake, but with zuccini. (y)

enree erzweglle
06-27-2005, 07:36 AM
my mother makes a wicked zuccini loaf/cake. it's like carrot cake, but with zuccini. (y)
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. It's something small that you'd maybe have with afternoon tea.

Rancid_Beasties
06-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. It's something small that you'd maybe have with afternoon tea.
I dont think i've had it :(

enree erzweglle
06-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Get yer ma to make it, maybe. If she already makes date loaf, it's probably easy to go from there into zuccini loaf. It's yummy but addicting.

Someone just came back from South Carolina and she brought back a big bin of pecans for me. I'm eyeing them up now thanks to this thread. :D

zorra_chiflada
06-27-2005, 09:03 AM

i could get a recipe for you from my mum if you want

Rancid_Beasties
06-27-2005, 09:19 AM
i could get a recipe for you from my mum if you want
Cool (y) Maybe I should stop making my mum make me cakes and actually cook it myself though.

zorra_chiflada
06-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Cool (y) Maybe I should stop making my mum make me cakes and actually cook it myself though.

unless she really enjoys cooking. my mum cooks when she's down, or bored or just wants some fun. she does it for a living (she's a home ec teacher)
so she likes making stuff all the time. it's really good :)

Rancid_Beasties
06-27-2005, 09:32 AM
unless she really enjoys cooking. my mum cooks when she's down, or bored or just wants some fun. she does it for a living (she's a home ec teacher)
so she likes making stuff all the time. it's really good :)
My mum hates cooking, other than baking. Shes really good at baking. But I dont know if she actually enjoys it. She just does it...but only when we nag her to.

b-grrrlie
06-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Date cake IS my Christmas cake.