PDA

View Full Version : So, hmm, where did...

Homsar
06-27-2005, 04:55 PM
...the "What song are you listening too..." thread go?

marsdaddy
06-27-2005, 05:03 PM
I hope it jumped off a cliff.

roosta
06-27-2005, 05:06 PM
yeah..where did it go?

enree erzweglle
06-27-2005, 05:07 PM
I dunno. In another thread today, though, someone asked for it to be deleted because they found it annoying. Maybe they asked and were granted.

Homsar
06-27-2005, 05:07 PM

Racist.

Loppfessor
06-27-2005, 05:09 PM

and burst into flames

Homsar
06-27-2005, 05:14 PM
and burst into flames

Sexist.

insertnamehere
06-27-2005, 05:15 PM
i hated that thread

if it really was deleted at someones request, someone, i applaud you

synch
06-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Was it not enough to not click on it? Do you feel like a more fulfilled person now that it's gone? Did it affect your sleeping patterns and sex life?

roosta
06-27-2005, 05:21 PM
how could someone hate a thread on a website?

more specifically, how could someone hate a thread about songs on a website?

the mind boggles...

Loppfessor
06-27-2005, 05:23 PM
^ I gotta admit the truth I hated that freakin thread

tracky
06-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I didn't hate it but i didn't look in it much either, my feeling is that most people were probably just posting there to up their post count :rolleyes:

enree erzweglle
how could someone hate a thread on a website?

more specifically, how could someone hate a thread about songs on a website?

the mind boggles...
It's not like the thread PM-harassed anyone or called someone the banned word.

synch
Ah. Wonderful. Could you answer my question then? It wasn't directed at anyone in particular so that works out fine.

edit: that was to lopp btw, you lot are too fast.

insertnamehere
06-27-2005, 05:26 PM
the mere existance of the thread made the voices in my head angry :mad:

enree erzweglle
06-27-2005, 05:27 PM
I didn't hate it but i didn't look in it much either, my feeling is that most people were probably just posting there to up their post count :rolleyes:
I don't know why but I enjoyed seeing what other people were listening to.

Sometimes it made me want to drag out the same thing on iTunes and listen up.

I don't care what my post count is.
I've only looked at it twice in the year that I've been here.

tracky
06-27-2005, 05:33 PM
I don't know why but I enjoyed seeing what other people were listening to.

Sometimes it made me want to drag out the same thing on iTunes and listen up.

I don't care what my post count is.
I've only looked at it twice in the year that I've been here.

Some people seem to think post count gains them some sort of status. I'm with you I couldn't give a shit. But there was times when people would post 10 times in a row each time their playlist ticked over, I mean why not just post your playlist?

marsdaddy
06-27-2005, 05:35 PM
That thread took out the number and letter thread and I'll never forgive it.

synch
06-27-2005, 05:35 PM
the mere existance of the thread made the voices in my head angry :mad:
So they are all nice and fuzzy now? No anger towards some other thread...?

ScarySquirrel
06-27-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm firmly convinced that it was that thread that kept me on the subconscious of everyone's mind. Now I'm to be forgotten... like dust in the wind... that's all I am.

enree erzweglle
06-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Now I'm to be forgotten... like dust in the wind... that's all I am.
Is that what you're listening to now?

synch
06-27-2005, 05:41 PM
http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=52730

:D

ScarySquirrel
06-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Is that what you're listening to now?
No, actually I'm listening to Dr. Dre - Deeez Nuuuts.

marsdaddy
06-27-2005, 05:46 PM

:DI'm certain that SS's thread's title was different.

synch
06-27-2005, 05:47 PM
I was wondering that, but hey, it still made me chuckle :D

insertnamehere
06-27-2005, 05:57 PM

:D

*slits wrists*

tdot04
06-27-2005, 06:04 PM
What the hell was wrong with that thread? Geez. It should've been a sticky. :eek:

Mcmac
06-28-2005, 01:28 AM
i was the one who said in another thread i want it to get deleted but i didnt tell the mods or anything. be careful of what u wish for :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

Tzar
06-28-2005, 07:34 AM
serious?! it got deleted!
that's pretty pathetic.
icy manipulator is probably slashing his wrists now. he was like upto 500.

enree erzweglle
06-28-2005, 07:38 AM
serious?! it got deleted!
that's pretty pathetic.
icy manipulator is probably slashing his wrists now. he was like upto 500.
I noticed the other day that the post count in the "What song..." thread was beginning to rival the count for the family album. Maybe there was a threads war.

Maybe the admins deleted it for space issues. Though I could think of other threads that I'd rather see go before the song one. I liked that one even though it didn't have much historical/lookup value.

tracky
06-28-2005, 08:11 AM
I noticed the other day that the post count in the "What song..." thread was beginning to rival the count for the family album. Maybe there was a threads war.

Maybe the admins deleted it for space issues. Though I could think of other threads that I'd rather see go before the song one. I liked that one even though it didn't have much historical/lookup value.

Actually the one time I did plan to "read" it I was going to run a program to go through the thread, get the song names and artists (which is where it would take too much manual culling (n)) and download them, starting from the most mentioned ones (cause I'm sure there were probably a few in there that got mentioned more than once). I might even still do this with the new one, once it builds up a bit, which no doubt it will. Hopefully people don't spam it too much.

enree erzweglle
06-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Actually the one time I did plan to "read" it I was going to run a program to go through the thread, get the song names and artists (which is where it would take too much manual culling (n)) and download them, starting from the most mentioned ones (cause I'm sure there were probably a few in there that got mentioned more than once). I might even still do this with the new one, once it builds up a bit, which no doubt it will. Hopefully people don't spam it too much.
That's cool. What would you do with that info? Maybe make an ultimate BBMB mix tape? If so, I want one. :)

tracky
06-28-2005, 08:33 AM
Basically yeah that was the idea (y) If i'd done it before it got deleted I could've just posted the best rated tracks in a list here or something. I thought about it a few times, would only take a couple of hours to set up

It would be good if people could post like:

Song Name - Artist

Sometimes I don't actually know the artist from the song, but mainly cause it would make it a lot easier for me :P

I was about to post that in the thread but realised the futility of it. It's not like there's 4000 ways you can post the title and artist anyway, so when the time comes I'll just deal with it ;)

Mcmac
06-28-2005, 08:34 AM
this ain't no coincidence.

we were talking about the thread in the icy magayinator thread then poof it was gone.

so the mods were prob just readin the thread then they thought
"im gonna eat a sandwich then delete that thread"

BangkokB
06-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Further proof that the only good thing to come out of Oz worth a fuck was AC/DC

If you don't like a thread~skip and go to the next one. It's quite easy

Yes, I'm looking at you McMac

enree erzweglle
06-28-2005, 10:30 AM

Song Name - Artist

I'll try to remember that.

avignon
06-28-2005, 11:47 AM
So one member's opinion gets a thread deleted? Wow. There could have been a poll at least.

If the mods wanna get delete happy, why don't they get rid of some accounts where people registered forever ago and never posted or signed back in even?

b-grrrlie
06-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Basically yeah that was the idea (y) If i'd done it before it got deleted I could've just posted the best rated tracks in a list here or something. I thought about it a few times, would only take a couple of hours to set up

Song Name - Artist

Sometimes I don't actually know the artist from the song, but mainly cause it would make it a lot easier for me :P

I was about to post that in the thread but realised the futility of it. It's not like there's 4000 ways you can post the title and artist anyway, so when the time comes I'll just deal with it ;)

I was planning to go through the whole thread as well, but then thought it'll take too much time. I'd really need to update my own list of records first.

And I prefer the order to be Artist - Song
and preferable listing several tracks at one go rather than bombing the thread like that ice-dude did. I think he killed it off in the end.

tracky
06-28-2005, 05:41 PM
I was planning to go through the whole thread as well, but then thought it'll take too much time. I'd really need to update my own list of records first.

And I prefer the order to be Artist - Song
and preferable listing several tracks at one go rather than bombing the thread like that ice-dude did. I think he killed it off in the end.

I had a quick look thru the new one and the other way round seemed more common. I agree with the multiple post thing too, even better would be to only post really good songs, which I'm sure most people are gonna do anyway. I know I'm not going to post there when Barry Manilow comes up on my playlist ;)

Rancid_Beasties
06-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I had a quick look thru the new one and the other way round seemed more common. I agree with the multiple post thing too, even better would be to only post really good songs, which I'm sure most people are gonna do anyway. I know I'm not going to post there when Barry Manilow comes up on my playlist ;)
Bermuda triiiiangle, it makes people diiiisssappear, bermuda triiiiangle, dont go too near!!! (dont go too near!!!)

Nah but the Artist - Song format is easily more common, at least in the old one.

Mcmac
06-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Further proof that the only good thing to come out of Oz worth a fuck was AC/DC

If you don't like a thread~skip and go to the next one. It's quite easy

Yes, I'm looking at you McMac

haha shut the fuck up cunt i was just joking round when i sed it should be deleted.

Documad
06-28-2005, 09:42 PM
:rolleyes:

Rancid_Beasties
06-28-2005, 09:44 PM
:rolleyes:
I guess Mcmac has gone from your good list to your Damaja list :p