PDA

View Full Version : Have you written any angry letters? (to companies)

wavin_goodbye
06-28-2005, 03:57 PM
I would like to write one to a gym (local chain) .. i went in today to sign up for a membership (i want to try it out for a month) .. but they said you have to sign up by the year. either those people were shitting me, or their website is advertising inaccurately .. it clearly says "monthly- most flexibility" under the types of membership section.

any advice? clever phrases?

I'm not sure what exactly I will gain from this.. hopefully the opportunity to pay for a month and that's it.. if nothing, it will kill my boredom a bit. :)

Mr Films
06-28-2005, 03:58 PM
why not just try another gym?

unless it's the only one close.

Chicka B
06-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I wrote a letter to the Doritos company because there was a chip in the bag that barely had any seasoning. I'm never eating Doritos again, stupid chips. They taste like dog food anyway, and smell like dirty gym socks. :mad:

wavin_goodbye
06-28-2005, 04:01 PM
why not just try another gym?

unless it's the only one close.

yeah i'm going to look around.. but this one is the closest.

wavin_goodbye
06-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I wrote a letter to the Doritos company because there was a chip in the bag that barely had any seasoning. I'm never eating Doritos again, stupid chips. They taste like dog food anyway, and smell like dirty gym socks. :mad:

i don't eat doritos any more but i disagree, they are delicious.

ms.peachy
06-28-2005, 04:07 PM
I have written a few. They can be very effective, if you structure them properly and don't rave on like a demented crackpot. However, without seeing the particulars I couldn't say whether it seems likely to work in your case. Care to link the website?

wavin_goodbye
06-28-2005, 04:13 PM
http://www.nautilusplus.com/

beastiegirrl101
06-28-2005, 04:15 PM
I plan on writing a nasty letter to United doe canceling my flight on Sunday...so any tips would be awesome...I tend to use vulgar language and I know that wont get me anywhere.

wavin_goodbye
06-28-2005, 04:17 PM
I plan on writing a nasty letter to United doe canceling my flight on Sunday...so any tips would be awesome...I tend to use vulgar language and I know that wont get me anywhere.

yeah i figure vulgar language is a definite no.. wittyness is a definite yes though..

redhead
06-28-2005, 04:20 PM
i know lotsa gyms usually have monthly payment plans for membership, but only if you sign a contract for said amnt of months. Is that their deal? The website was none to specific.
Anyways, I would be wary of joining a gym that doesn't offer some kind of refund if you cancel within 30days, or offers a free month(or 2 week, whatever) trial...