PDA

View Full Version : Lines at gun-point

Nuzzolese
06-29-2005, 09:04 AM
MOVIE QUOTES MOVIE QUOTES MOVIE QUOTES MOVIE...

What are some good movie quotes, said at gun-point either by the gun weilder or the intended target?

"I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?"

"You know what I want, babe? Cool guys like you out of my life"

"Say 'what' again. I dare you. I double dare you mothafucka. Say 'what' one more Goddamn time."

icy manipulator
06-29-2005, 09:25 AM
"say hello to my little friend" of course!

icy manipulator
06-29-2005, 09:25 AM
"nigga you just fucked with the wrong bull"

Rock
06-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Its not really a line "at" gun point. But when Vincent Cocotti shoots Dennis "Grass" Hopper in True Romance and says:

"I haven't killed anybody since 1984. Goddamn his soul to burn for eternity in fucking hell for making me get my hands dirty."

icy manipulator
06-29-2005, 09:34 AM
i have to watch natural born killers again, there were some decent ones in there but i have nfi what they are atm

Nuzzolese
06-29-2005, 09:38 AM
i have to watch natural born killers again, there were some decent ones in there but i have nfi what they are atm

I'm thinking someone might have put them on the internet somewhere, at some point.

icy manipulator
06-29-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm thinking someone might have put them on the internet somewhere, at some point.

effort factor (n)

give me some time and i reckon i'd be able to come up with a few good ones

although i'm sure in that time a dozen other people could too :p

HEIRESS
06-29-2005, 09:42 AM
not really a gun, but a gun-like weapon

Ray Liotta in "No Escape"

"you want it, come and get it"

icy manipulator
06-29-2005, 09:44 AM
one just clicked into my mind, not a gun line, but knife line

benicio del toro in Fear and Loathing

" i dont wanna kill you, i just wanna cut a little Z in your forehead"

avignon
06-29-2005, 09:49 AM
well, sword point. The Princess Bride

Inigo Montoya: "Offer me money..."
The six-fingered man: "Yes, yes!"
IM: "Offer me power..."
S-FM: "Yes of course!"
IM: "Offer me anything I want..."
S-FM: "Anything, please!"
IM: "I want my father back, you son-of-a-bitch."

HEIRESS
06-29-2005, 09:51 AM
Oooooo GOOD ONE!

mickill
06-29-2005, 09:52 AM
John McClane: Drop it, dickhead. It's the police.
Tony: You're not going to hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me.

Ah, I think Die Hard is probably one of the stupidest movies ever, but I didn't actually realize that until maybe the 30th time I'd seen it.

avignon
06-29-2005, 09:55 AM
The Fifth Element

"Anyone else care to negotiate?"

icy manipulator
06-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Speaking of NBK...how about AFTER gun point.
lol, i remember that one. best (y)

icy manipulator
06-29-2005, 09:59 AM

Ah, I think Die Hard is probably one of the stupidest movies ever, but I didn't actually realize that until maybe the 30th time I'd seen it.

yippe ki ay mutha fucker

Nuzzolese
06-29-2005, 10:25 AM
"Do you like life, Mathilda?"

(Mathilda says "yes")

"Good, because I take no pleasure in taking life from someone who doesn't appreciate it."

More than just the words, that scene in The Professional was intense and frightening just because Gary Oldman is a maniac and he's inches away from little 10 year old Natalie Portman, holding a gun to her chin while he's got her backed into a wall. I don't know if it's the same in Leon because I never saw that version.

Nuzzolese
06-29-2005, 10:27 AM
"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those
with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

hpdrifter
06-29-2005, 11:11 AM
MOVIE QUOTES MOVIE QUOTES MOVIE QUOTES MOVIE...

"You know what I want, babe? Cool guys like you out of my life"

What movie is this from? I know it, but I just can't think of it...

hpdrifter
06-29-2005, 11:14 AM
What does Edward Norton say to Brad Pitt in Fight Club right before he shoots himself in the head? I looked online but couldn't find it.

Nuzzolese
06-29-2005, 11:17 AM
What movie is this from? I know it, but I just can't think of it...

It's from Heathers. Veronica says it to J.D. near the end, in the boiler room of the Highschool.

Bob
06-29-2005, 11:20 AM
i can't really think of anything

Nuzzolese
06-29-2005, 11:22 AM
Do you think these lines and these movies lead us to believe that we'd sound cooler with a gun in our hands?

Bob
06-29-2005, 11:23 AM
What does Edward Norton say to Brad Pitt in Fight Club right before he shoots himself in the head? I looked online but couldn't find it.

my eyes are open, or something like that. i didn't even see this when i did my fight club quote. odd

hpdrifter
06-29-2005, 11:24 AM
It's from Heathers. Veronica says it to J.D. near the end, in the boiler room of the Highschool.

Damn it, I knew it! I can't believe I couldn't think of that. I love the part where they're outside the school and he shows her the bomb he's got strapped to his chest and she puts a cigarette in her mouth. Sassy.

Okay, this is a new one... Probably a lame one.

"You still alive, baby?"

hpdrifter
06-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Do you think these lines and these movies lead us to believe that we'd sound cooler with a gun in our hands?

I think I would. You know that episode of the Simpsons where Marge leaves Homer over a gun and she's at this cheap motel and there's a shoot out and she goes to throw the gun in the garbage but catches a glimpse of herself in the garbage can lid and then slips it into her purse and walks out like a lady.

I love that show.

Medellia
06-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Stop pointing that gun at my dad!

or the British rom com zom version:
Stop pointing that gun at my mum!

avignon
06-29-2005, 10:10 PM
I'll take a shot at this one. (nyuk nyuk nyuk)
I'd say yes. But worse, and more dangerous, the movies give people a false idea about gun safety. People get the impression that the first time they pick up a gun, they will be able to use it-to aim and hit what they are trying to shoot, that there will be no kick-back or whatever you call it. I think that this is why a lot of people get shot with their own guns. It's kind of like Tae Bo. These women go to what is essentially an aerobics class a few times and then believe that they will be able to overpower a man who is a foot taller and a hundred pounds heavier. This type of unrealistic confidence is dangerous.

Documad
06-29-2005, 10:40 PM

I might be stupid, but it's an absolutely perfect action movie.

avignon
06-29-2005, 10:45 PM
I might be stupid, but it's an absolutely perfect action movie.
I think so to. It is what it is. Have you seen "Collateral" with Tom Cruise and Jamie Fox? This movie takes the action genre to a respectable level. You never expect an action movie to offer anything profound, but the wolf scene in this film was beautifully done.