PDA

View Full Version : Okay, this is some wierd shit....

Qdrop
06-30-2005, 07:15 AM
so my girlfriend just called me before she left for work....

our dog (black lab) is freaking out...

she took her outside to go to the bathroom...and it suddenly just froze and cowered on the porch....while looking up at the sky! jenny looked up and saw nothing...but our dog just refused to leave the porch and was wimpering and cowering...never taking it's eyes off the sky.
my girl finally dragged her down to the side lawn, and the dog did her business...but kept looking at the sky.
jenny brings her inside...she keeps looking up at the sky, then the cieling inside....cowering and whimpering.
inside the house....the dog won't stop looking up at the cieling and wall...following something with her eyes.
jenny says nothing is there.

the dog is just cowering....backing away from everything, even jenny. won't come when called....just starring at the wall/cieling in terror (or so it seems).

what the fuck?!!?

my girlfriend is terrified and thinks it's a ghost or some shit.

i think maybe it's planes doing flight tests (sonic booms)....or else a brain tumor...??

fuckin wierd.....

Qdrop
06-30-2005, 07:22 AM
OR it could be that it looks like a wicked storm is coming, and often times animals sense that shit WAAAAAAY before humans do.

Just some thoughts.

that's the other thing i was thinking....
what's the weather suppose to be like today in Rochacha?

enree erzweglle
06-30-2005, 07:23 AM
It's got to be something either related to sound or smell. Was it wide-open sky? Any cloud cover?

I saw a show about how they did experiments to see if dogs can sense their owners coming even when the owners drive new/different cars or take the train/bus home or get rides from friends.

Regardless of how the owners made it home--even if it was via a mode that the owner never used before--when the owner got so close to the house, the dogs usually knew and went to the window to wait.

One dog knew that his owner was coming even though the owner was on a platform at a train station a mile away (and that was part of the experiment--the owner never took the train before, he usually drove).

Dogs are weird.

icy manipulator
06-30-2005, 07:25 AM
your dog must've seen too much x files and now it wants to believe.........

icy manipulator
06-30-2005, 07:29 AM
btw, black lab is one unique name for a dog, i like it (y)

enree erzweglle
06-30-2005, 07:31 AM
Your dog started that behavior when she saw the sky, right? ...not the ceiling or walls in the house, but the sky?

I ask because I have a friend whose dog hears things in the walls of his house.

We've always assumed that there's a mouse or termites in there.

The dog freaks and then gets really scared and then when you take him outside, he looks around all frightened. But it starts inside.

We've never heard anything in the house or walls (whereas in my place in the Autumn when there's always a mouse or two in the walls, you can actually hear him skittering around).

My cat stares at sections of the wall in my pantry, where I know carpenter ants are living. She must be able to hear them chomping on the wood.

Qdrop
06-30-2005, 07:31 AM
btw, black lab is one unique name for a dog, i like it (y)

no man....as in "black labrador retriever"....referring to the breed.

her name is "kelly"...

icy manipulator
06-30-2005, 07:35 AM
ha, yeah about 10 secs before i read that i realised it was a black labrador and if you just called it black lab that's just straight up lazy :p

Nuzzolese
06-30-2005, 07:42 AM
It's got to be something either related to sound or smell. Was it wide-open sky? Any cloud cover?

I saw a show about how they did experiments to see if dogs can sense their owners coming even when the owners drive new/different cars or take the train/bus home or get rides from friends.

Regardless of how the owners made it home--even if it was via a mode that the owner never used before--when the owner got so close to the house, the dogs usually knew and went to the window to wait.

One dog knew that his owner was coming even though the owner was on a platform at a train station a mile away (and that was part of the experiment--the owner never took the train before, he usually drove).

Dogs are weird.

How did they know the dog's didn't simply know what time it was, and that it was time for the owners to come home?

enree erzweglle
06-30-2005, 08:21 AM
How did they know the dog's didn't simply know what time it was, and that it was time for the owners to come home?
Sometimes it's the simple theories that are overlooked.

Nuzzolese
06-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Qdrop did you move into your new house already?

Documad
06-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Is your dog on ANY new medications? The only time our dog did that was when the vet put her on an allergy medicine and she did exactly what you've described. Turns out there was a steroid in the medicine that she reacted badly to.

When she was inside the house, she hung out near the walls and didn't want to walk out into the rooms.

Daisy
06-30-2005, 08:52 AM
How is the dog now?

icy manipulator
06-30-2005, 08:56 AM
you know what's some weird shit? the dr who theme song! that scared me when i was young!!!!

Qdrop
06-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Is your dog on ANY new medications? The only time our dog did that was when the vet put her on an allergy medicine and she did exactly what you've described. Turns out there was a steroid in the medicine that she reacted badly to.

When she was inside the house, she hung out near the walls and didn't want to walk out into the rooms.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT....YES!
SHE DID JUST START ALLERGY MEDICATION!

can you please explain in detail your dogs symptoms....

is this really bad?

Qdrop
06-30-2005, 09:07 AM
Qdrop did you move into your new house already?
no not until july 16th.

Qdrop
06-30-2005, 09:09 AM
How is the dog now?

well, that was this morning...and we're both at work now....

so the dog is home alone...

fuck, if we have to take her off that allergy medication, she'll be itching up a storm again....
that dog has bad skin problems...

Documad
06-30-2005, 09:23 AM
We called the University of Minnesota and I think they said not to just stop cold turkey but I think we did anyways because she was completely psycho.

This was a long time ago (she died recently). She was a super friendly beagle but used to have bad hay fever and would itch herself bloody from June to August every year. So the vet put her on a prescription drug. Almost immediately, she started cowering. She would walk almost on her elbows around the sides of the rooms and dart around under tables furtively like she was scared of us. When we tried to comfort her she freaked out worse because she was so scared. It looked to me like she was on a bad acid trip and was hallucinating. She would not go into the yard because she cowered in the garage. The U of M vet people said it's a fairly common reaction to the medicine she was on. We never put her on anything with steriods again.

We gave her over the counter human allergy medicine in a smaller dose as recommended by the vet. It made her kind of sleepy, which made her scratch a little less, but it also made her gain weight because she slept more of the summer. I have to tell you that it was never a great solution. She still had bloody spots where she would scratch. When we saw her doing it, we would try and tickle where she was scratching because it seemed to soothe her and she would stop scratching there for a while. I think this is one of the problems with pure breeds.

Kid Presentable
06-30-2005, 09:35 AM
I once farted on a Black Lab's head, and it freaked out. It would cower and whimper every time I came near it.

I even said I was sorry.

Uppity fuckin dog..

enree erzweglle
06-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Documad sleuths it out. Way to go. (!)

Who says it's just the internet? A dog was saved today, man.

icy manipulator
06-30-2005, 09:39 AM
kid p, what city are you from?

Kid Presentable
06-30-2005, 09:41 AM
Im in Perth, not from there...

icy manipulator
06-30-2005, 09:43 AM
true, you are an aussie tho aren't you?

Kid Presentable
06-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Now I am... :D

icy manipulator
06-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Now I am... :D

omg, YOU"RE AN IMPOSTER!!! :p

Tzar
06-30-2005, 09:51 AM
Im in Perth, not from there...

reprazentin'

*does Westside hand thing*

kll
06-30-2005, 10:11 AM
kinda funny that "War of the Worlds" just opened and she's doing this now...

Qdrop
06-30-2005, 10:12 AM

i know...i was thinking the same shit....

Kid Presentable
06-30-2005, 10:13 AM

Maybe the dog is Orson 'Look, it's Unicron' Welles...

beastieangel01
06-30-2005, 10:43 AM
I am a believer in ghosts, so It could very easily be that as well.

OR it could be that it looks like a wicked storm is coming, and often times animals sense that shit WAAAAAAY before humans do.

Just some thoughts.

I feel the same way. If my dogs started doing that I'd be tripping out and scared of what is possibly to come.

Eek.

avignon
06-30-2005, 12:32 PM
I haven't seen War of the Worlds yet but I'm reading The Taking by Dean Koontz. The coyotes were doing the same thing.

Qdrop
06-30-2005, 12:42 PM
alright...i just talked to my girl...

she doesn't believe it's the allergy meds cause she gave em to her all last summer with no ill effects...

i guess time will tell...

Homsar
06-30-2005, 12:51 PM
IT"S THE END OF THE WORLD!!KJ@!K@J@KJWIEJWDFI#(*$#(&R@(#*#@#*(238-12304800-3401288102318-13248012347`i3uewiuefIOSUSOIODVUSOIvuSIDVUSDOISDuv eatatjoe'sWEOFWOEFWEOIFWOIFOWIOFWOEFiWOifeOWieefOW ifeOWEIOfIWIOIFOkj.

So who wants to go out and steal T.V.'s without having a license and all this other junk just before the world blows up? I mean, we wouldn't be able to get much out of them since we'll all die, but atleast we would own them for a mere moment. Or perhaps we should just have a barbeque--American style. What I'm trying to say is...the dog knows something.

zippo
06-30-2005, 05:02 PM
it could be something in her eyeball/eye socket, that when she looks up it blocks part of her viewing or vice versa which would obviosly scare her hence the behaviour, like catarats (i doubt thats the english name for it) or an eye infection which i think is a common problem for labs and other types of dogs

Ace42
06-30-2005, 05:04 PM
Maybe the dog is Orson 'Look, it's Unicron' Welles...

Your bargaining posture is... tenuous.

yeahwho
06-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Once I had a full blown collie who about this time of year actually mustered up the strength and tore open our cyclone fence.....ran away.... we found her playing and running around a park a quarter mile away.

Twas the fireworks that was freaking her out.

Could be the same thing with your dog.

Ace42
06-30-2005, 05:31 PM
like catarats (i doubt thats the english name for it) or an eye infection which i think is a common problem for labs and other types of dogs

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cataracts

Were close enough.