PDA

View Full Version : Happy Canada Day

Lindsey_1535
07-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Everybody gets the day off and have picnic and fireworks.
Except me. I have to work. All day. And I don't get time and half. And my stupid bitch of a boss just booked me so she didn't have to work. I hate her.

ANYHOW back to the topic at hand. Happy Birthday you country.

HEIRESS
07-01-2005, 09:39 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

IM HAVING A BYOBB: BRING YO OWN BOOZE AND BEEF PARTAYYY

I <3 ALBERTA BEEF

CANADA, I FUCKING LOVE YOU

Im going to the gym and then im cracking a bottle of pear wine

L-dawg, youll be off in time for fireworks wont you????

Lindsey_1535
07-01-2005, 09:45 AM
I ssssuure hope so. If not I think Ill just leave. That bitch can fuck herself. I need me some fireworks!!!!

Loppfessor
07-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Quit yer bitching....it's 4th of July weekend and I"m working swings ALL weekend. Right now at the base club there's a huge party/cook out going on with free booze/food. Across the street from my work at the softball fields there are a few hundred tents with people from all over USAFE (US Air Forces Europe) that are in town for a huge softball tournament! Naturally they're all drinking and celebrating too. Plus like 5 co-workers have all stopped through to ask "What are you doing here so late? You gonna be at the pub later everyone is going to be there"

Bahumbug!

HEIRESS
07-01-2005, 09:58 AM
this is the first canada day Ive had off since the 10th grade

wavin_goodbye
07-01-2005, 10:05 AM
happy canada day. i don't have to work today, but 20hrs sat +sun

Tzar
07-01-2005, 10:35 AM
yeah yeah
werd up to your motherfucking up.

was Perth BDO the last beasties show to date?
whats that? i was front row?!
whats that?! check my sig for pics??!
oh alright.

Parkey
07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
I wonder when the UK would consider its birthday to be...

On Canada day in London they give away cake to everyone at the Canadian Embassy (y)

Tzar
07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
and i'll admit it.
Lindsey is the only chick here i'd have a crush on, because she looks like my hot ex-girlfriend and she likes drinking beer.

oooooh yeah.

Lindesey, whassup babe ;)

ahahah too many beers make Tzar type stupid shit.

ToucanSpam
07-01-2005, 10:38 AM
When I got up, I sang this........*ahem*

Ô Canada! Terre de nos aïeux,
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
Il sait porter la croix;
Ton histoire est une épopée
Des plus brillants exploits.
Et ta valeur de foi trempée
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits;
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.

:o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA I WILL LIVE HERE UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!

Documad
07-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Why is today the birthday of your country? What happened on July 1? Don't you still answer to the Queen?

ToucanSpam
07-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Why is today the birthday of your country? What happened on July 1? Don't you still answer to the Queen?
July 1st, 1867, Canada was born. Although we are still a con. mon., we are as independant as the USA, with the only difference being the Queen can veto anything, and she has yet to use that power.

HEIRESS
07-01-2005, 10:44 AM
http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=52646&highlight=canada+day

Rancid_Beasties
07-01-2005, 10:54 AM
July 1st, 1867, Canada was born. Although we are still a con. mon., we are as independant as the USA, with the only difference being the Queen can veto anything, and she has yet to use that power.
Do you have a governor general? In Australia the governor general is the queens representative and he has used his powers before, most notably to boot out the most socially progressive prime minister we've ever had. That sucked :(

PS Canada is cool because its court decisions are given higher weighting in our legal system than any other country except England. (y) And you guys have done some pretty progressive stuff

ToucanSpam
07-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Do you have a governor general? In Australia the governor general is the queens representative and he has used his powers before, most notably to boot out the most socially progressive prime minister we've ever had. That sucked :(
We do, Adrianne Clarkson. She is the Queens rep, but she doesn't seem to use her powers often.

Documad
07-01-2005, 10:59 AM
But what actually happened on July 1st 1867? Did the Queen say you were "independent" or did someone in Canada actually do something on that day?

So help me I really did check a book out from the library on Canadian history a few months ago but there was a waiting list and they wanted it back before I finished with all the fur trading stuff. The book had horseshit maps.

I was hoping to find out why you still have a territory instead of all provinces. Australia has that too. Are you all waiting for the people there to get their shit together and prove they're as cool as the bulk of you?

HEIRESS
07-01-2005, 11:33 AM
its more like the territories dont want the rest of us

Dr Deaf
07-01-2005, 04:37 PM
im off to work in 10 mins. happy canada indeed. hopefuly there's fuck all going on so i can plot and plan my departure.

tomorrow is all about mexicans, 300+ mexicans.

i should be up north eating shrooms and hiding from predators, but that's not happening.

fuck work. work sucks.

like2_drink
07-01-2005, 05:01 PM
happy canada day to you guys to (y)

i don't think my town is having fireworks " to expensive " :mad: * swear words *

HEIRESS
07-01-2005, 10:45 PM
vino

vodka

brewskiess

fireworks in 45 minutes GODDAMN

ASHY LARRY!111111111

Beth
07-01-2005, 11:50 PM
i hope everyone in canada had a great holiday (guess it's still going on for those on the west coast). :)

TurdBerglar
07-01-2005, 11:54 PM
so this is basically like the 4th

miss soul fire
07-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Happy Canada Day for all Canadians of the board!:)

Freebasser
07-02-2005, 10:05 AM
eh?

supermars
07-02-2005, 10:52 AM
I wonder when the UK would consider its birthday to be...

On Canada day in London they give away cake to everyone at the Canadian Embassy (y)

the maple leaf in covent garden is where it's at in london on canada day - they've got canadian beer & caesars (y)