PDA

View Full Version : For the people who have never posted a photo of themselves

kll
07-01-2005, 04:25 PM
on this board...

do you not do it for fear of public ridicule?

do you not do it because you think you are hot and don't want superficial fucks harrassing you?

Echewta
07-01-2005, 04:27 PM
There are plenty of ugly people on the board (I've seen one in the mirror) so I don't understand not wanting people to put a face to the name. Heck, everyone has at least one good picture.

like2_drink
07-01-2005, 04:32 PM
you're too self contious kll

enree erzweglle
07-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Mostly it's because I don't want my photo floating around without knowing where it's landing.

I don't even have a photo on the employee page of our intranet.

Homsar
07-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Take my advice...don't post your pic. I collect photos of everyone and make stamps out of them and post them on the floors at every chemist store.

Dr Deaf
07-01-2005, 04:38 PM
i just like my privacy and i'm not very photogenic.

King of Rock II
07-01-2005, 04:42 PM
i havent posted a foto in over a year and its only because i dont have a recent one.

kll
07-01-2005, 04:43 PM
you're too self contious kll
you think?

Bitchamachacha
07-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Kerri's hot.

The truth!

kll
07-01-2005, 04:44 PM
you just like my boobs!

ms.peachy
07-01-2005, 04:46 PM
I could swear I just answered this like last week... is it just me, or didn't we just have this thread? :confused:

Bitchamachacha
07-01-2005, 04:47 PM
you just like my boobs!

Milk does a body good, hot lady!!

Chicka B
07-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Honestly, I just hate getting my picture taken. Also I don't have a camera.

zippo
07-01-2005, 04:59 PM
I could swear I just answered this like last week... is it just me, or didn't we just have this thread? :confused:

zorra did it

kll
07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
oops. sorry! didn't see that one!

Ace42
07-01-2005, 05:02 PM
I symapthise with people who don't want to post themselves. No matter how few or how innoccuous the photos are, there is always someone who is going to try to infer something from it.

One picture with a bottle in shot (regardless of it being yours) "He's a drunkard." One group shot "He needs to show off that he has mates" - one alone shot "He's got no friends."

No matter what you post, someone is going to try to use it to justify a preconception about you, so why bother?

'Cause you think some teenybopper will get wet to it? Yah right.

Homsar
07-01-2005, 05:05 PM
I symapthise with people who don't want to post themselves. No matter how few or how innoccuous the photos are, there is always someone who is going to try to infer something from it.

One picture with a bottle in shot (regardless of it being yours) "He's a drunkard." One group shot "He needs to show off that he has mates" - one alone shot "He's got no friends."

No matter what you post, someone is going to try to use it to justify a preconception about you, so why bother?

This guy knows his pork. (y)

yeahwho
07-01-2005, 05:20 PM

Me too, what part of being hideous do you not understand? :confused: Plus my goiter is really acting up this summer.

like2_drink
07-01-2005, 05:27 PM
kll, i think i read this thread wrong, if so I'm sorry.

enree erzweglle
07-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Me too, what part of being hideous do you not understand? :confused: Plus my goiter is really acting up this summer.
You should look into playing Goiter Ball. There are uniforms for it on Yauch's new site.

Ace42
07-01-2005, 05:32 PM
This guy knows his pork. (y)

In the words of Babelfish: Je suis votre papa

Shazam_21
07-01-2005, 07:07 PM
if i knew how to i probably would

Homsar
07-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Je suis votre papa

Since when?

Ace42
07-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Since when?

Since your first birthday + 21 months.

Homsar
07-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Sounds like a reasonable price. I'll take three.

Ace42
07-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Sound like Gizmo buying punnets at Wimbledon.

Homsar
07-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Is that an insult towards Ginkgo trees?

Ace42
07-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Il je suis pomme du terre.

Bob
07-01-2005, 07:49 PM
i havent posted a foto in over a year and its only because i dont have a recent one.

same for me. it's a shame too, i'm really sexy these days, i should make some friends so i can get an impromptu photo taken

ToucanSpam
07-01-2005, 09:42 PM
If someone wants to find you enough they will, so why worry? I wish I had better photos to show. Not that I need to prove anything, but sometimes I do fun things and I think it would be nice to share that with people.

Some people just enjoy their privacy. I respect it.

Rancid_Beasties
07-01-2005, 10:15 PM
My single reason is privacy. And the fact that if my mates saw a picture of me on an internet message board they would probably give me shit for it.

Bob
07-01-2005, 10:36 PM
My single reason is privacy. And the fact that if my mates saw a picture of me on an internet message board they would probably give me shit for it.

personally, i try to keep my normal life and my internet life separate. by day, i'm bob. but by later in the day, i'm Bob. it's like being a superhero, only lamer. the point is, i don't let my friends in on my internet habits. not that i'm ashamed of them. or you guys.

Rancid_Beasties
07-01-2005, 10:47 PM
personally, i try to keep my normal life and my internet life separate. by day, i'm bob. but by later in the day, i'm Bob. it's like being a superhero, only lamer. the point is, i don't let my friends in on my internet habits. not that i'm ashamed of them. or you guys.
I concur (y)

beastiegirrl101
07-05-2005, 09:46 AM
If someone wants to find you enough they will, so why worry? I wish I had better photos to show. Not that I need to prove anything, but sometimes I do fun things and I think it would be nice to share that with people.

Some people just enjoy their privacy. I respect it.

that's just it...I think its fun to share . . .plus I enjoy viewing other peoples pics and trips and all that....

beastieangel01
07-05-2005, 11:45 PM

are you serious?

I don't know. I guess I can sort of understand those thoughts but if I am afraid of what people on the internet think of me via a picture, I don't know how I could stand dealing with everyday life and people seeing me face to face.

Just a thought.

p.s. other reasons like not knowing where the pictures may end up or keeping things seperate is just fine, I just thought the issues in the quote were a bit much.

jeepgirl
07-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm new here and don't feel the need to embarrass myself.

The Notorious LOL
07-06-2005, 12:13 AM
'Cause you think some teenybopper will get wet to it?

probably yeah.

Medellia
07-06-2005, 01:01 AM
are you serious?
He's not gonna answer.

Auton
07-06-2005, 01:33 AM
I don't like posting pictures of myself because the only pictures i usually have taken of me are when im out doing things with friends, and i dont want to throw their pictures around on the internet. i dont care about people dissecting me with whatever criticisms they think up, but i don't want people to be analyzing my friends (at least my female friends) or whatever, because they don't deserve that. when i do post pictures of myself, i usually crop my friends out. unless they're guys, in which case i don't give a fuck about their privacy, and they don't either.

The Notorious LOL
07-06-2005, 07:03 AM
I asked barb if you were like 6 foot 10 cuz in that one picture you appear really tall.

Echewta
07-06-2005, 10:18 AM
I only enjoy posting bad pictures of myself and since that rarely happens...

Qdrop
07-06-2005, 10:35 AM
i post PURELY because i want teeny boppers to get wet to me....

which reminds me,

echewta...i'll send you a new pic when i get a chance. stop bugging me..

Nuzzolese
07-06-2005, 10:44 AM
I posted pictures before and some people saw them. Now I'm not posting them anymore because I like the idea that I arbitrarily allow some people to know what I look like and some not to. It's a power trip through a sense of witholding. I like being unnecessarily private with some people just to make them feel left out. This is the truth.

beastieangel01
07-06-2005, 11:26 AM
I posted pictures before and some people saw them. Now I'm not posting them anymore because I like the idea that I arbitrarily allow some people to know what I look like and some not to. It's a power trip through a sense of witholding. I like being unnecessarily private with some people just to make them feel left out. This is the truth.

I can understand that one. I imagine it is fun.

adam_f
07-06-2005, 11:29 AM
My nose is sorta crooked now.

kll
07-06-2005, 11:48 AM
I can't understand why I've even posted my picture. I get ridicule ALL THE TIME.

I remember Teh calling me a "Hong Kong Whore". And Little J + some other people said I looked like a cute rat-thing. :(
a cute rat-thing? :(

beastieangel01
07-06-2005, 12:13 PM
I can't understand why I've even posted my picture. I get ridicule ALL THE TIME.

I remember Teh calling me a "Hong Kong Whore". And Little J + some other people said I looked like a cute rat-thing. :(

I don't remember people saying that... but that's some shit.

enree erzweglle
07-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Rats can be cute.

Sometimes people have to say something even if it doesn't make sense. Take 99% of my posts, for example. :)

I'm sure you don't look like a rat thing at all.

redhead
07-06-2005, 02:20 PM
i don't post any recent pics cuz i hate the way i look now and don't usually allow photos to be taken...

marsdaddy
07-06-2005, 04:14 PM
I don't post because I don't want to. Okay! :mad:

wavin_goodbye
07-06-2005, 06:17 PM
like some others have said, it's just for personal reasons.. i like to keep my two lives separate.. i don't really want someone to come across the thousands of posts i have posted under this username by seeing a picture.. and it also keeps a shroud over the username.. no preconceived notions or anything.

kll
07-06-2005, 06:20 PM
like some others have said, it's just for personal reasons.. i like to keep my two lives separate.. i don't really want someone to come across the thousands of posts i have posted under this username by seeing a picture.. and it also keeps a shroud over the username.. no preconceived notions or anything.

which is good. i don't know what gender you are, what age you are or anything... very androgenous (sp?) words that i see here... good job.

iceygirl
07-06-2005, 09:20 PM

she doesnt have much room to talk