PDA

View Full Version : WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY STOMACH!!!!?!?!?

Tone Capone
07-02-2005, 04:35 PM
For about about a week now the right side of my lower stomach (abdomen?) has been twitching. My first thought was "Oh my God! The baby is kicking :) " and I shed happy tears then I realize... wait a minute... I'm not pregnant!!! I'M NOT PREGNANT!!! I'm getting worried though because I'm pretty sure that my lower stomach shouldn't be twitching... (!)

jennyb
07-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Maybe an alien is going to burst outta your abdomen. :confused:

:D

Freebasser
07-02-2005, 04:41 PM
British food.

Tone Capone
07-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks guys I feel a lot better :rolleyes:

Homsar
07-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Could be apendicitus, but you should be doubling over in pain like the first day or so. Could be kidney stones or gallstones. Could be intestinal obstruction. Could be some other crazy thing. Crohn's Disease? Steger knows that stuff.

I used (and slightly still) to be a serious hypocondriac and so when reading the medical book...I had every symptom to everything. Including diabetes.

Tone Capone
07-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Could be apendicitus, but you should be doubling over in pain like the first day or so. Could be kidney stones or gallstones. Could be intestinal obstruction. Could be some other crazy thing. Crohn's Disease?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Homsar
07-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Is it tender? Do you get recoil or whatever they call it if you press on the spot in pain? Essentially, right after you press, you'll feel some sort of pain.

Did it start from the belly button area and made its way to the lower right side? Any problems going to the bathroom?

I had a serious lower right pain in the abdomen a few years back and last year as well. I thought I was having cancer, diabetes, apendicitus, everything! Still not sure what it was...lasted for a couple weeks and afterwards, I had just a tinny bit less feeling on my whole right side. Probably psychological though.

jennyb
07-02-2005, 04:57 PM
JESUS! Run to the doc Tone.... QUICK!

Tone Capone
07-02-2005, 04:59 PM
JESUS! Run to the doc Tone.... QUICK!

*Runs for the door!*

Tone Capone
07-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Is it tender? Do you get recoil or whatever they call it if you press on the spot in pain? Essentially, right after you press, you'll feel some sort of pain.

Did it start from the belly button area and made its way to the lower right side? Any problems going to the bathroom?

I had a serious lower right pain in the abdomen a few years back and last year as well. I thought I was having cancer, diabetes, apendicitus, everything! Still not sure what it was...lasted for a couple weeks and afterwards, I had just a tinny bit less feeling on my whole right side. Probably psychological though.

I have a little pain when I press on it but, maybe I'm pressing too hard... when it twitches it feels like a snake is trying to get out my stomach. I'm thinking if it is still happening by Monday, I should get an appointment or something. :(

Homsar
07-02-2005, 05:06 PM
I'd definitely have it checked out. Did you eat any meat just before it started? Perhaps it's a tape worm or whatever. I remember checking my stools for the remains of a tape worm (they die after a bit and leave via the shute). I could be wrong on that since I haven't read into tape worms in such a while.

Tone Capone
07-02-2005, 05:10 PM
I'd definitely have it checked out. Did you eat any meat just before it started? Perhaps it's a tape worm or whatever. I remember checking my stools for the remains of a tape worm (they die after a bit and leave via the shute). I could be wrong on that since I haven't read into tape worms in such a while.

AH!!! That's disgusting! I don't think I could handle it if I had a tape worm!!! :eek:

enree erzweglle
07-02-2005, 05:12 PM
I thought gas pains are usually on the left.

And gallbladder pains are usually on the right, right under the rib cage.

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the nastiest pain you've ever felt, what would you rank this pain? Did you eat anything new in the last couple of days?

Homsar
07-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Probably not a tape worm, so don't worry. Keep an eye out for it.

enree erzweglle
07-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Maybe this (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=52998) is the problem?

Lifting too much and maybe having a new protein shake (one or the other or both combined) might be the problem.

What's in that protein shake?
Maybe you strained something when you were lifting.

Tone Capone
07-02-2005, 05:22 PM
I thought gas pains are usually on the left.

And gallbladder pains are usually on the right, right under the rib cage.

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the nastiest pain you've ever felt, what would you rank this pain? Did you eat anything new in the last couple of days?

Well, when I pressed on it, maybe a 2. It doesn't hurt if I don't press on it though. I haven't really had anything new... actually yeah I did try something new at the Chinese joint the other day, but this twitching has been going on for around a week... I'm nervous about the tape worm though... :(

Tone Capone
07-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Maybe this (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=52998) is the problem?

Lifting too much and maybe having a new protein shake (one or the other or both combined) might be the problem.

What's in that protein shake?
Maybe you strained something when you were lifting.

HOLY CRAP! IT COULD ME THE MILK!!! Would that make my stomach twitch though? I'm taking this. (http://www.muscletech.com/PRODUCTS/CELL-Tech/STACK/CELLNITRO_STACK.shtml) Creatine and Protein. These are my favorite products and haven't given me any problem in the past... maybe the milk... something to think about. Good looking out. (y)

enree erzweglle
07-02-2005, 05:40 PM
HOLY CRAP! IT COULD ME THE MILK!!! Would that make my stomach twitch though? I'm taking this. (http://www.muscletech.com/PRODUCTS/CELL-Tech/STACK/CELLNITRO_STACK.shtml) Creatine and Protein. These are my favorite products and haven't given me any problem in the past... maybe the milk... something to think about. Good looking out. (y)
I dunno, but bet you any money if you go to the doctor on Monday, they're going to tell you to ease back on the lifting, cut out that supplement or the soy, or do all three things until you know definitively that it's not one of those things that's causing your problem.

I'm not a doctor, but I've had my share of aches/pains related to the sports I do. I've learned to try to eliminate possible causes on my own as long as the pain isn't keeping me up at night or getting worse. THEN if the pain doesn't get better (but hasn't gotten worse) I go to the doctor with that added information.

As long as the pain is a 2 or lower and doesn't increase, here's what I'd do:

I'd probably start by eliminating the protein supplement for a couple of weeks.
If the pain doesn't go away with that, then it gets harder--you have to experiment with combinations of eliminating/reducing the supplement and the other two things until you narrow it down or rule them out completely.

That way, you save yourself a co-pay (and some time maybe) and if the pain doesn't go away or gets worse, you can give more info to your doctor...good luck, Tone.

Tone Capone
07-02-2005, 05:41 PM
I dunno, but bet you any money if you go to the doctor on Monday, they're going to tell you to ease back on the lifting, cut out that supplement or the soy, or do all three things until you know definitively that it's not one of those things that's causing your problem.

I'm not a doctor, but I've had my share of aches/pains related to the sports I do. I've learned to try to eliminate possible causes on my own as long as the pain isn't keeping me up at night or getting worse. THEN if the pain doesn't get better (but hasn't gotten worse) I go to the doctor with that added information.

As long as the pain is a 2 or lower and doesn't increase, here's what I'd do:

I'd probably start by eliminating the protein supplement for a couple of weeks.
If the pain doesn't go away with that, then it gets harder--you have to experiment with combinations of eliminating/reducing the supplement and the other two things until you narrow it down or rule them out completely.

That way, you save yourself a co-pay (and some time maybe) and if the pain doesn't go away or gets worse, you can give more info to your doctor...good luck, Tone.

Homsar
07-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Livin' with a hernia-AH!

Freebasser
07-02-2005, 07:03 PM
You have AIDS.

Sorry :(

Beckalina
07-02-2005, 07:06 PM
JESUS! QUICK!

Loppfessor
07-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Sounds to be like you're just being a whiny little girl about it...so since you're up lil lady why don't you get Loppy another beer and a smirnoff ice for yourself....

no seriously go to the doctor dumbass, it's free!

TurdBerglar
07-02-2005, 09:01 PM
i haven't been to the doctors in like 4 years

Tzar
07-02-2005, 09:14 PM
same.
i went for a blood test a couple of years ago to see what triggers my hayfever(sp) but couldn't be arsed to get the results so i did the blood test for nothing. (y)

yeahwho
07-03-2005, 12:09 AM
If it's your appendix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermiform_appendix) you will get a fever and more concentrated pain in the right hand side of your gut. I had mine out a few years ago...it took about 3-4 days to be sure, it didn't really hurt when I pressed the area, but when I let go, after pressing, it hurt like hell.

yeahwho
07-03-2005, 12:11 AM

Does that count ambulance rides?

Medellia
07-03-2005, 12:29 AM
HOLY CRAP! IT COULD ME THE MILK!!!
Did someone shit in it? :(

I'm sorry, Futterman's. It was waiting to be said. No affront meant. :o (y)

Tone Capone
07-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Does that count ambulance rides?

It counts everything.