PDA

View Full Version : I no longer take Zoloft for depression...

bgirl forever!!
07-05-2005, 11:18 AM
...and I'm feeling really great! It's been at least 5-6 weeks since I weened myself off.

It sucks that I took it for sooooo long (11 years) when I probably only needed it for a few years at the most.

Damn doctors!!

:mad:

All they want is your money.

Happyrunr
07-05-2005, 01:05 PM
...and I'm feeling really great! It's been at least 5-6 weeks since I weened myself off.

It sucks that I took it for sooooo long (11 years) when I probably only needed it for a few years at the most.

Damn doctors!!

:mad:

All they want is your money.

I'm weaning off Effexor- HORRIBLE shit dont ever take it.
I dont agree with Tom Cruise, but sometimes it is better to be on nothing for a while- clear out the 'ole system. Unless you are skitofrenic (sp wrong I know) or terribly suicidal.
11 years is a LONG time.

GreenEarthAl
07-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Rock On!! (y)

marsdaddy
07-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Great news!

King of Rock II
07-05-2005, 02:50 PM
I swear, if doctors just started prescribing meditation instead of anti-depressants, people would be just as happy and not as poor.

By the way, congrats.

samoan_boy33
07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm taking Paxil now..I was taking Zoloft for a while though.

Loppfessor
07-05-2005, 05:07 PM
6 months after your wedding you'll be back on it....

Happyrunr
07-05-2005, 06:47 PM
6 months after your wedding you'll be back on it....

Awe heck, I was on it 3 months BEFORE my wedding.....I dont handle stress well.

synch
07-05-2005, 06:56 PM
All I did when I was depressed is got drunk once, sulked, stayed in the dark for long amounts of time and sighed a lot.

Ah well.

Freebasser
07-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Doctors should prescribe more placebos.

Like chocolate cake.

The Notorious LOL
07-05-2005, 08:27 PM
good time party squad up in this bitch!

Ive had more success with st johns wort than I have with perscriptions.

zorra_chiflada
07-05-2005, 09:03 PM
i stopped taking it at the beginning of the year, and it was really hard because i have violent mood swings and a terrifying temper.
i'm doing ok now. but i get really cranky a lot.
i'm glad you're doing good.

insertnamehere
07-05-2005, 09:37 PM
ive thought about trying to get on something, i dont have any problem with people who use antidepressent and things, and ive considered it for years... its just, i want to feel like i can make myself a better person myself, if that makes any sense.

its gotten really bad lately, as you guys all know. i feel like if i go to a dr. now they'll be like "well its normal to feel sad when your boyfriend breaks up with you, you're just fine"

when im feeling ok i can look back on how ive acted and be like "wow what a freak" but when im in the middle of it, i dont feel like im being irrational.

Chicka B
07-05-2005, 10:30 PM
11 years wow!! Congrats. I used to take paxil and when I skipped it I had some freaky ass dreams and would sleep walk and talk in my sleep and some crazy shit. It helped with my depression though, but I don't take it anymore when I realized the only thing making me depressed was school.... and I kept moving and my parents got seperated and my uncle went to jail and my grandma died and I'm poor... :eek: I went to counseling once too. But I've been so happy since I've been outta school, I'm just a sensitive person! :D

Happyrunr
07-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Im on effexor right now, and seriously it is the only drug so far that has seemed to help me at all.

Seriously Im on a small dose and it has already helped me a lot.

I used to be on Zoloft but the mother fucker messed with my sleep so bad I had to stop. :(

Ok- watch out. If you are on a small dose of Effexor, you may be ok, but I gained 25 lbs in one year (and I'm a nutrition and exercise freak). I was on 150mg. I went off because the weight gain caused me MORE depression than anything else!!
Also- try this- these work great for almost anything, and they are completly natural-
http://www.globalherbalsupplies.com/bfr/information.htm

Also- dont forget your B vitamins and to exercise daily!
Sorry, didnt mean to sound like Dr Cruise.

bgirl forever!!
07-13-2005, 08:33 PM
i stopped taking it at the beginning of the year, and it was really hard because i have violent mood swings and a terrifying temper.
i'm doing ok now. but i get really cranky a lot.
i'm glad you're doing good.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I, too, feel pretty cranky at times. Such is life, I guess.

Auton
07-13-2005, 08:36 PM
zoloft sucks. doesnt work at all.

CrankItUp!
07-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Smoke some pot and you'll be feeling mellow - yellow ! A 40 oz. of ANY malt liquor will only make it better ! Trust me ! Fuck doctors ! They are'nt God , like most think they are ! You only live once , so why be miserable ?

jabumbo
07-13-2005, 09:02 PM
i no longer talk to zorra about my depression

ShanLY22
07-14-2005, 01:21 AM
I take Lexapro. Don't think it does too much, because I'm not as happy as I'd like to be (haha), but I'm afraid I'll really go batty if I go off of it! :eek:

zorra_chiflada
07-14-2005, 02:29 AM
i no longer talk to zorra about my depression
:(