PDA

View Full Version : i think my clients watch too much forensic files

Beth
07-06-2005, 11:55 PM
client: the officer said there's a shoeprint on the door.
me: yeah.
client: so, how's he going to prove it when he didn't pour plaster on it?
me (laughing really hard): you can't pour plaster on a hard, flat surface to make a mold of a shoeprint.
client: ok, i can see that. so how's he gonna prove it then?
me: um, with a photo.

jabumbo
07-07-2005, 12:01 AM
my one friend was used as a kid drowning for the taping of an episode of rescue 911 one time, and he used to mention it all the time...it was funny since he was just a baby when it was done...

yeahwho
07-07-2005, 12:28 AM
I worked with this guy who was a chief engineer on a big ass ship about 4 years ago, about halfway into the shift he calls me into the control room and shows me this technical drawing on his desk, it's all intricate and folded open nicely to about 3' by 4' with full detail of some sort of craft.

He says to me, "It's a UFO drawing I purchased and I'm rebuilding the craft in my garage." Me being noobie on that boat I just said, OH OK.

But what I really wanted to say was, FYI if you have the drawing, it's technically an IFO, you SF.

They've already landed I swear, and they are pretty amusing.

beastieangel01
07-07-2005, 10:22 AM
ha. :)

Nuzzolese
07-07-2005, 10:59 AM
my one friend was used as a kid drowning for the taping of an episode of rescue 911 one time, and he used to mention it all the time...it was funny since he was just a baby when it was done...

Don't try to stay with every topic, don't push yourself to contribute, just sit back and listen for a while, don't feel overwhelmed. It's okay if you don't get it. You'll learn.

Mustangjen808
07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
some peoples children

Knuckles
09-16-2005, 04:20 AM
I would like to request more lawyer stories please.

I love them. :D

Beth
09-18-2005, 04:12 AM
for you, knuckles:

a client of mine is going to trial on monday (it'd be best if he pled rather than going to trial, for reasons i can't state here). anyway, his co-defendant (we'll call him idiot) is accused of another crime from early this summer. idiot allegedly impersonated a cop and carjacked a guy. how'd he get caught? idiot left his wallet behind with the dude whose car got jacked.