PDA

View Full Version : being 21 is a little disappointing so far

Bob
07-09-2005, 05:17 PM
ok, it's only been about a week, but still. I celebrated my birthday at the beach (ocean city, MD, if you're interested), mostly with my family, which was at the same time awkward and hilarious, because i got to see them all drunk. The first bar I went to was this really depressing tropical island theme place, there were about 5 people there and the jukebox was pretty much all jimmy buffet. It's where fun goes to die, basically. Funny thing though, the bartender almost wouldn't accept my ID, he said it didn't look a thing like me (which is true, I got the picture taken when I had really long hair, in fact it's flattering that he didn't recognize it, it's pretty ugly). I practically had to get a note from my mother to get in.

The second place was the kind of club you go to to make you appreciate the first bar. I think my ears are still ringing. I had a good time though, it was just a fun place to sit back and watch the goings-on in...it was a very frat-boy/drunk slut kind of bar, loud music, silly cover bands (they did a really kickin version of "sabotage" though, I was impressed), and all that. There were two types of bartenders; girls in their underwear (tasteless, but beautiful) and big hulk-hogan looking guys to act as bodyguards. The best part was at closing time though, the cover band was playing the national anthem and waving a flag around, and everyone was chanting USA! USA! really loud, and right then, no less than 2 fights broke out at the bar. The first one was between two guys that looked kind of like "The Thing", lots of broken glass...funny part is, after it was over, the guys who were in it didn't seem to notice the broken glass on the bar and just went right back to leaning on it. The second one was a girl fight, hair-pulling mostly. USA! indeed, it was great. I also saw someone I knew from my high school which was highly improbable, given the distance from home. Never liked him, didn't say hello

After that me, my uncle, and a few of my cousins went down to the beach to get even drunker, and I learned a lot of surprising things about my family, like how my uncle went to rehab to fight cocaine addiction, and how my great grandfather was a nazi (in America, no less). So that's interesting.

Then I decided to take a walk, as I often do when I'm drunk, walking along the beach seemed like a good idea. I started walking at probably about 3 AM, by the time I got back to the hotel the sun was coming up, but hey, at least I didn't go to bed drunk. On the way back, I ran across a bunch of skinny dippers (3 girls, 2 guys), who I THINK were trying to invite me along. So I did what I normally do in those kinds of situations, I choked. Pretty much literally, I guess it was more of a croaking noise. I'd been walking barefoot on sand for about 3 hours, apparently that will dehydrate you. I hadn't been using my voice up until then, and I guess at some point it had stopped working without me noticing, I sounded like one of those smokers with a synthetic voice box, apparently they didn't want me to go skinny-dipping with them anymore. It's ok, I was pretty delirious and tired, I probably would have drowned. As I was stumbling away one of them yelled something about my body that I couldn't quite make out...I think she was making fun of me, but you know what, I saw her tits, I think I'm the winner here.

Anyway, that's that. I think I need to get a new ID, mine isn't very convincing. And I think while I was away, some punk kids fucked around with my car, because it won't start anymore. It was running fine when I left it. And I have work on Monday. but at least I can get drunk about it. I've also read 4 books this week

Beth
07-09-2005, 05:46 PM
so i'm guessing you didn't get the 'welcome to 21' kit all us cool kids got.

shame.

Echewta
07-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Just hit the eastside of the LBC and yell to a car full of girls "All you skirts know whats up with 213!"

miss soul fire
07-09-2005, 06:12 PM
I was legal since 18. I'm cool as that!!! :p

Bob
07-09-2005, 07:15 PM
they DO all come back!

insertnamehere
07-10-2005, 10:28 AM
:eek:

ToucanSpam
07-10-2005, 10:46 AM
See Bob? you aren't boring!!

Loppfessor
07-10-2005, 12:02 PM
It's all down hill from here my friend....booze just never tastes as good when you drink it legally. All I have to look forward to is lower car insurance in a few months....and death

Mr.Right
07-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Don't spoil my anticipation...

beastieangel01
07-10-2005, 12:32 PM
I think she was making fun of me, but you know what, I saw her tits, I think I'm the winner here.

hehehe (y)

I've been to Ocean City once, in the winter. I won't explain why, but yeah. I wondered what it was like during the summer.

And hey, at least you got to see tits? :) 21 will get better, I promise.

enree erzweglle
07-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Sex gets better as you get older.

insertnamehere
07-10-2005, 01:06 PM

i have trouble believing it could possibly get any better, and im only 18.

enree erzweglle
07-10-2005, 01:07 PM
i have trouble believing it could possibly get any better, and im only 18.PM me in 20 years and let me know how it worked out for you. :)

insertnamehere
07-10-2005, 01:13 PM
i dont think my senses could stand any more, if it gets too much better i might end up in a sex-induced coma of some kind.

Beth
07-10-2005, 01:13 PM
word.

Freebasser
07-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Bob, your post was funny.

Congratulations (y)

dublirie04
07-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Bob, there is always mad anticipation leading up to the 21st celebration and when it is over you seem to have wanted more of an epic time. sounds like you had a time that you wont forget though and that is also what it is all about. Just consider youself lucky that you didn't surround yourself with people that wanted to get you so fucked up that you ended up pissing on yourself in the bar or throwing up in public. Now you have a couple of years of boring birthdays and then 25, lower car insurance and you can rent cars with no problem -- after that, it is all the same and the yearly fear that you are getting closer to 30. Hey, consider yourself lucky, this year I celebrated my 28th and as the 3 day celebration was coming to an end, I was walking into my house thinking "what a great birthday" then , BANG, I slipped on the ice and cracked three teeth, knocked out one and fractured another. I spent the next month getting bullshit dental work that cost me mad loot. I will never forget that one. Did you at least get laid? Happy birthday son and remember that age is timeless. You can be young forever as long as you stay openminded and free spirited. Much Love and Respect

Loppfessor
07-10-2005, 04:47 PM

Amen to that! Makes me wanna sleep with my first couple of girlfriends again just so I can be like "Lookie what I learned how to do!!"

Beth
07-10-2005, 05:05 PM
the yearly fear that you are getting closer to 30
i didn't fear 30. probably because i don't look anything like what i thought 30 would look like. i think i look better now than i did when i was in my late 20s.

i do fear 50.

ToucanSpam
07-10-2005, 05:26 PM
i didn't fear 30. probably because i don't look anything like what i thought 30 would look like. i think i look better now than i did when i was in my late 20s.

i do fear 50.
Fear 40 more than 50. Trust me.

cosmo105
07-10-2005, 05:57 PM
^said by an expert

yeah, being 21 isn't all i thought it was going to be. i still feel the same...i mean, yeah, i can buy liquor for myself WHENEVER I WANT! but getting older still just means more responsibilites and less opportunities to enjoy said liquor. it's ok, bob, at least you're not morbidly obese.

QueenAdrock
07-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Aww, Bob, you went to Ocean City? ...you did make sure to avoid all the syringes, right? :p

But seriously. Ocean City is way crowded, and full of sluts. Sluts from Salisbury University. They're the dumb sluts. And loose. (No offense to the loose dumb sluts from SU at Ocean City, but you gotta admit it's true.)

Anywho, take a trip down to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Go to Nags Head if you want to have movies/golf courses/go-karting nearby. Go to Hatteras Island if you want to just get away, relax, and enjoy the beach.

pshabi
07-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Try 27, not so fun.
ok, it's only been about a week, but still. I celebrated my birthday at the beach (ocean city, MD, if you're interested), mostly with my family, which was at the same time awkward and hilarious, because i got to see them all drunk. The first bar I went to was this really depressing tropical island theme place, there were about 5 people there and the jukebox was pretty much all jimmy buffet. It's where fun goes to die, basically. Funny thing though, the bartender almost wouldn't accept my ID, he said it didn't look a thing like me (which is true, I got the picture taken when I had really long hair, in fact it's flattering that he didn't recognize it, it's pretty ugly). I practically had to get a note from my mother to get in.

The second place was the kind of club you go to to make you appreciate the first bar. I think my ears are still ringing. I had a good time though, it was just a fun place to sit back and watch the goings-on in...it was a very frat-boy/drunk slut kind of bar, loud music, silly cover bands (they did a really kickin version of "sabotage" though, I was impressed), and all that. There were two types of bartenders; girls in their underwear (tasteless, but beautiful) and big hulk-hogan looking guys to act as bodyguards. The best part was at closing time though, the cover band was playing the national anthem and waving a flag around, and everyone was chanting USA! USA! really loud, and right then, no less than 2 fights broke out at the bar. The first one was between two guys that looked kind of like "The Thing", lots of broken glass...funny part is, after it was over, the guys who were in it didn't seem to notice the broken glass on the bar and just went right back to leaning on it. The second one was a girl fight, hair-pulling mostly. USA! indeed, it was great. I also saw someone I knew from my high school which was highly improbable, given the distance from home. Never liked him, didn't say hello

After that me, my uncle, and a few of my cousins went down to the beach to get even drunker, and I learned a lot of surprising things about my family, like how my uncle went to rehab to fight cocaine addiction, and how my great grandfather was a nazi (in America, no less). So that's interesting.

Then I decided to take a walk, as I often do when I'm drunk, walking along the beach seemed like a good idea. I started walking at probably about 3 AM, by the time I got back to the hotel the sun was coming up, but hey, at least I didn't go to bed drunk. On the way back, I ran across a bunch of skinny dippers (3 girls, 2 guys), who I THINK were trying to invite me along. So I did what I normally do in those kinds of situations, I choked. Pretty much literally, I guess it was more of a croaking noise. I'd been walking barefoot on sand for about 3 hours, apparently that will dehydrate you. I hadn't been using my voice up until then, and I guess at some point it had stopped working without me noticing, I sounded like one of those smokers with a synthetic voice box, apparently they didn't want me to go skinny-dipping with them anymore. It's ok, I was pretty delirious and tired, I probably would have drowned. As I was stumbling away one of them yelled something about my body that I couldn't quite make out...I think she was making fun of me, but you know what, I saw her tits, I think I'm the winner here.

Anyway, that's that. I think I need to get a new ID, mine isn't very convincing. And I think while I was away, some punk kids fucked around with my car, because it won't start anymore. It was running fine when I left it. And I have work on Monday. but at least I can get drunk about it. I've also read 4 books this week

King PSYZ
07-10-2005, 10:23 PM
^said by an expert

yeah, being 21 isn't all i thought it was going to be. i still feel the same...i mean, yeah, i can buy liquor for myself WHENEVER I WANT! but getting older still just means more responsibilites and less opportunities to enjoy said liquor. it's ok, bob, at least you're not morbidly obese.
:(

cosmo105
07-11-2005, 12:10 AM
it's just a little joke about bob being super fat, because he's really not. i meant no harm or :(-age.

Justin
07-11-2005, 12:22 AM
I'll never forget my 21st birthday. I went to see a movie with this really really hot chick i was seein at the time, afterwords we went back to my place, bought some rum, rented ozzy osbornes show dvd, watched little parts of "old school" and laughed our asses off, acting stupid, and drinking lots of rum and cokes.

Well after all the rum was done we started making out and such, so all led to the bedroom. I remember we were kissing and getting completely naked, when for some reason we started having a big convo, what about i dont know, but im sure it was useless. Well we ended up both passing out, at the same time, while in bed. I guess the rum kicked in major league style.

The next morning and the next few weeks i was so pissed at my self, cause I could have had mad drunken sex with this chick, and blew it on my 21st birthday.

Medellia
07-11-2005, 12:52 AM
On my 21st my landylady's creepy son came to my apartment at 2 AM (okay, so it was technically the day after) to ask me out. *shudders*

Justin
07-11-2005, 01:04 AM
aw, well he was 2 hours late, but what did you say?

Medellia
07-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Well since he was creepy and he came over in the middle of the night, I had no choice but to turn him down. And the way he asked was great: "damn, you've got such a hot ass. Do you wanna go see Kill Bill?" :rolleyes:

Oh, and after that happened, for a couple of months he would come over at the most inappropriate times (like four, five in the morning) and just ring my doorbell. Over and over again. And leave. He rang it so many times that he broke it! More than once!

enree erzweglle
07-11-2005, 06:13 AM
i do fear 50.
I do too because lots of women seem to change so much in their 40s.

I'm not just talking physically--some of that is unavoidable. Mostly, I'm talking about how they change at a fundamental level. Philosophically, it's like they get judging & unaccepting of new things or things that aren't done the way they'd do them. A lof of them adopt rigid, uncompromising, my-way-highway sorts of attitudes (particuarly about people in their teens and 20s).

Not everyone goes through it or changes like that (obviously) but I've seen it happen so many times and happen to people who were simply not that way in their 20s and 30s that I'm thinking that it's something that happens to some women by default unless they work to keep it in check. That's the thing that I'm trying to be aware of in myself.

Bob
07-11-2005, 11:26 AM

indeed for me, it can only go up from here

Homsar
07-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Mike Yauchovitz. Hahaha! Funny name.

enree erzweglle
07-11-2005, 11:37 AM

indeed for me, it can only go up from here

The "it can only go up" part is generally why it gets better.

Bob
07-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Mike Yauchovitz. Hahaha! Funny name.

who did you used to be?