PDA

View Full Version : Ouch.

Homsar
07-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Since last week was storm week, I thought about how lucky we are to have storms. It would really be a drag if everyday was sunny and "nice". Right? Of course I'm right. I'm just that awesome.

Seriously though, when did boxing become legit? Truly it is a crime to pay so one could see two guys beat each other senseless. Who pays so much money to watch such brutality!? Low-lifes. That's who! The snot of the world.

I guess I wasn't so clear the first time. You can't do the Achy-Breaky Heart shuffle in public libraries! It's rude and not like Britons to do such things. How would you feel if a random stranger went into your kitchen and started doing the Senior citizen jig right on your table whilst serving lunch!!!??? I bet not you would enjoy it, unless you're one of those sickos down the street. You know the type. Mmhmm, them. Getting their jollies off of ants going into anthills. Hello!

Well since that is settled, I take it we can go onto much more important business--braces. Yes, braces. Men need them and women needn't. Our trousers are way to big around the hips. Belts just don't cut it. We need braces and we must fight for them. So remember to vote yes on order # 452b.

avignon
07-14-2005, 03:34 AM
Since last week was storm week, I thought about how lucky we are to have storms. It would really be a drag if everyday was sunny and "nice". Right? Of course I'm right. I'm just that awesome.
For the past three days, we have been experiencing a strange weather phenomenon here. It isn't rain, it isn't a light sprinkle or a slight drizzle. It is a super-fine mist and it has gone on continuously for three whole days. This marks the break in a four month drought that has left the grass and a few trees in my neighborhood dead. It is like the polar opposite of drought. Windless wet, complete and continous and gentle.

Seriously though, when did boxing become legit? Truly it is a crime to pay so one could see two guys beat each other senseless. Who pays so much money to watch such brutality!? Low-lifes. That's who! The snot of the world.
Boxing is a near dead art. The boxers today are just brawlers and not athletes. I mean, Mike Tyson is an animal. There are a few left though, like Lewis and Holyfield. Boxing began in Ireland and was brought to America by Irish imigrants who made money boxing during the Depression.
It doesn't have to be brutal. It is a contest of strength, speed, endurance, and cunning. One man pitted against another man, both pushing each other and themselves to their physical limits.
There will never be another Ali. Did you know that Bruce Lee studied Ali's footwork in the ring and apapted it to his JKD martial arts style. It is called "broken rhythm'. It makes your body motions near imposssible for your opponent to read during a fight because it is always changing your rhythm.

I guess I wasn't so clear the first time. You can't do the Achy-Breaky Heart shuffle in public libraries! It's rude and not like Britons to do such things. How would you feel if a random stranger went into your kitchen and started doing the Senior citizen jig right on your table whilst serving lunch!!!??? I bet not you would enjoy it, unless you're one of those sickos down the street. You know the type. Mmhmm, them. Getting their jollies off of ants going into anthills. Hello!
Rules were meant to be broken. Conformity kills creative thought. Besides, you never know when the rhythm is gonna getcha. It could well be in the library. Whaddaya gonna do?

Well since that is settled, I take it we can go onto much more important business--braces. Yes, braces. Men need them and women needn't. Our trousers are way to big around the hips. Belts just don't cut it. We need braces and we must fight for them. So remember to vote yes on order # 452b.
Braces? I'm thinking orthodontal contraption to straighten teeth but then you say trousers and hips and belts. Men need them and women needn't? Sexist.