PDA

View Full Version : The Life of David Gale

Brass_Munkey
07-28-2005, 10:08 PM
I just watched this movie, and I found it good for the most part throughout, except the ending, despite being predictable, was quite disappointing..

The whole idea behind the plot of Gale, Constance, and the cowboy was to prove that an innocent man could be executed. Up until it was revealed that Gale was involved in the plot, I was thinking, Okay, this is plausible. When Gale became part of it, the idea of him being innocent flew out the window. True, he was innocent of murder, but he was not an innocent man. He was involved in Constance's suicide and withheld evidence. So, in essence, he committed suicide himself rather than innocently fight against the death penalty which he spent his whole life fighting against. In a way, he gave in to the burdens and failures in his life rather than try to turn it around.

This rather ruined the plot for me..

Anyone else care to comment on this.

Mr Films
07-28-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm in that flick

http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=36135

QueenAdrock
07-28-2005, 11:51 PM
I loved that movie. (y)

Matt
07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
I watched that with my girlfriend a few weeks back. I made sure to pause it and point out Mr Films when his scene came up.

good movie, and it's only $6.96 at the store I work at.

Mr Films
07-29-2005, 02:19 PM
I watched that with my girlfriend a few weeks back. I made sure to pause it and point out Mr Films when his scene came up.

:cool: