PDA

View Full Version : The Great gmsisko1 Scare of 2005

yeahwho
07-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Has everyone in a tizzy over on the political board.

I think it's stands at about 3 or 4 members have actually left the board, some permanent, others for a month or so. There are actual pleas for him to stop posting. I guessing that at least a dozen (myself included off and on) have him on ignore. The ones who do not have him on ignore usually just scroll past while rolling their eyes. Then some actually engage in discussion (slagging mostly) which ends up in an exercise of frustration.

In the Dog Days of summer gmsisko1 has put on his game face and is taking the BBMB to task. gmsisko1 cracks me up for all the wrong reasons. He obviously doesn't give a shit about the Beastie Boys.

I have multiple questions,

Are the people who run from gmsisko1 right?
Are the people who put gmsisko1 on ignore right?
Are the people who engage gmsisko1 in discussion right?
Are the people who ask for gmsisko1 to be banned right?

How will The Great gmsisko1 Scare of 2005 end up?

King PSYZ
07-30-2005, 11:59 AM
i enjoy his posts, i find it fun to refute everything someone has to say with nothing but honesty and facts only to be hit with base and childish comebacks like;
"you liberal inchwhipper!"
"you would say that you liberal."
"liberals are..."
and many other hits.

yeahwho
07-30-2005, 12:06 PM
i enjoy his posts, i find it fun to refute everything someone has to say with nothing but honesty and facts only to be hit with base and childish comebacks like;
"you liberal inchwhipper!"
"you would say that you liberal."
"liberals are..."
and many other hits.

Your take on gmsisko1 is healthy, What I don't understand is why anybody would legitimize him enough to actually say they cannot have a serious political discussion. He never ventures much outside his own threads, so any original (not copy and pasted) discussion he leaves alone. He really doesn't have an original thought....just funny grammer.

avignon
07-30-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure I understand the entire thing, but you're not saying that he is intolerable because his views are so oppposing to the majority of people here, are you? I briefly scan his posts but I know someone who he vexes often enough to know that he doesn't have or just simply won't back any of his arguements with actual facts. Just Bible quotes and insults. Sounds like my mother, now that I think about it.
I kind of toyed with the notion that he is someone's alias. Could it be that someone here is their own antagonist?

paul jones
07-30-2005, 12:41 PM
what's all that polotics about anyway?

paul jones
07-30-2005, 12:44 PM
is he a sesame street charcter?

yeahwho
07-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Could it be that someone here is their own antagonist?

I speculated the same thing, and now that some of the regulars have left he's posting like a madman, keep an eye out for a Munchausenian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchausen_syndrome) return and perhaps your hunch will prove correct.

DroppinScience
07-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Maybe gmsisko is Sandinista? :p

paul jones
07-30-2005, 12:53 PM
Maybe gmsisko is Sandinista? :p

maybe,if he thinks all music post 1989 is shit

ms.peachy
07-30-2005, 02:56 PM
I one of the ones that has him on ignore, and have more or less since he first turned up. I basically go on the theory that deprived of food, water and light, plants generally wither and die.

Unfortunately other people keep watering him and stuff.

QueenAdrock
07-30-2005, 03:04 PM
Jesus Christ, people! How can you run from an IDIOT? Call him on his idiotic replies to any serious threads, don't take anything he says seriously, stay on the board, and post up as much liberal propaganda as you can to meet his stuff toe-to-toe. It'll even out in the end.

I mean, just look at what I did. "Jesus was a liberal Jew", "Privatization sucks" "Republicans bad for Women" etc. etc. Don't let him scare you off, ignore him, post up things that you want to talk about, and ignore any and all replies from him.

Running away lets him win, and I don't want to be stuck on that board alone, just with him. I'd like some intelligent people to talk with. So, stay.

P.S. Does anyone like, seriously think he's retarded? I mean, with the way he types and thinks, I'm *really* starting to wonder. And not in a mean way. I'm starting to think he really has some problems with his brains, which is why he can't rationalize correctly, or spell correctly, or come up with original thoughts...maybe not full-on retarded, but maybe an IQ of 80 or something.

QueenAdrock
07-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Exactly. I don't trust anyone who falls along party lines so absolutely, so much so that they can't see the faults of their own party, or the merits of another.

Or, as I like to call them, Republicans. :rolleyes:

Loppfessor
07-30-2005, 03:53 PM
If I gave a shit about what's going on over in the political forum I'd probably be over there posting...

QueenAdrock
07-30-2005, 03:56 PM
I'll give you a quick run-down.

I hate liberals.
Liberals are stupid.
Jesus is awesome.
Abortion is murder.
Taxes are for losers.

And then there's another one thread or two of:

Karl Rove is corrupt.
This war is wrong.

But it's basically the first group, because there's a cut-and-paste spammer known as GMsisko1. To see his point of view, you have to shove your head up your ass and shove your fingers in your ears. Which is quite a feat, and I'm impressed he has the flexibility to do both at once.

yeahwho
07-30-2005, 03:57 PM
P.S. Does anyone like, seriously think he's retarded? I mean, with the way he types and thinks, I'm *really* starting to wonder. And not in a mean way. I'm starting to think he really has some problems with his brains, which is why he can't rationalize correctly, or spell correctly, or come up with original thoughts...maybe not full-on retarded, but maybe an IQ of 80 or something.

His head area does seem touched....he *really* likes GWB and a sort of perverted form of Jesus (a neo con Jesus).

I'll post with you a few times just for kicks.....lets give him the redass and the bumrush. Really light him up. Karl Rove him.

GreenEarthAl
07-30-2005, 07:31 PM
I've never put him, or anyone, on ignore. But I do generally ignore his threads. I tend to be of the opinion that people should engage in dialogue to test their ideas against others and that the more diverse the pool of ideas, the better the quality of the discussion and the better off all parties would be in the end.

Unfortunately, this is one case where I think an individual does ruin the quality of the discussion. Since he's been here gmsisko1 has been a disingenuous participant in the discussion. It has created alias after alias after alias in an extremely lame attempt to validate itself. Unable to handle how overwhelmed and outnumbered it is, it creates its own cheering section with minor characters that post in concert with itself.

The political sub is already disadvantaged by how much time it takes to participate, existing in a world where people continue to have less and less time as it is. It often feels like it's aim is to just overwhelm people's time and actually kill the discussion that used to go on there. And in that vain it has succeeded to a large extent. People don't want to have the agrivation of needing to think about politics at all and they sure don't want the added agrivation of interacting with anything that conducts itself the way that gms1 conducts itself.

The quality of the discussion is much poorer for it's participation I'm afraid. It's been on a fairly steady decline since it showed up.

ToucanSpam
07-30-2005, 07:38 PM
*sigh*

gmsisko is pretty crazy.

But, if we are on the topic of crazy, and honesty, lately I have been finding QueenAdrock pretty crazy. No offense or anything, but I find she seems to be trolling near him in recent weeks, and it just seems to be those two arguing all the time in the Political Board. I'm not going to say on of them is right or wrong, but it just seems like there are 2 people, complete opposites it would seem, and they both do the same thing.

I'm not trying to stir shit, all I want to do is throw out a different perspective of what is happening regarding gmsisko and the Political Board.

zorra_chiflada
07-30-2005, 07:42 PM
i think because of the simple fact that has single-handedly destroyed the political forum, he should be either banned or the political forum should be stopped and gotten rid of. has anyone suggested this to the moderators?

SobaViolence
07-30-2005, 07:43 PM
fuck it.

ban him.

open minds and diverse opinions be damned.
kick his ass out the door.

ToucanSpam
07-30-2005, 07:46 PM
I like Queen, she substantiates her arguments with legit resources (IMO), nothing crazy about that
this is true. But it's like she's everywhere gmsisko is. Kind of a waste of a bight mind.

zorra_chiflada
07-30-2005, 07:46 PM
if we were on a right-wing conservative board we would be banned in a second.

Rancid_Beasties
07-30-2005, 07:58 PM
He is one of the reasons that I dont like that board.

I don't understand the attraction of arguing the same points over and over with the same people, most of which are the complete political and intellectual opposites to yourself. Where does gmsisko1 find enjoyment in such a dull pastime. I'm sure its just a bot set up by the Bush administration to provoke us pinkos into saying something incriminating :rolleyes:

zorra_chiflada
07-30-2005, 08:01 PM
if enough people complain, and enough people end up leaving the board, they will have to ban him, right?

Rich Cheney
07-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Ignore him like I ignore 99% of the knuckleheads around here.

Loppfessor
07-30-2005, 08:18 PM
if enough people complain, and enough people end up leaving the board, they will have to ban him, right?

Why on Earth would you try so hard to get someone banned? There's more than a few people on here I can't stand but they have just as much right to be here as anyone else.

zorra_chiflada
07-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Why on Earth would you try so hard to get someone banned? There's more than a few people on here I can't stand but they have just as much right to be here as anyone else.

remember that beastiechik69 character that has spammed the board up a few times? he's just like that.
it's not just the fact that no-one agrees with him, or that he's an idiot, but all other spam is deleted, as a means of keeping things run smoothly. also, as i said before, he has completely destroyed one of the sub-forums on the board.
if you fuck things up that much, you don't have a right to be here.

Medellia
07-30-2005, 10:56 PM
I had him on ignore for a couple of days, but I kept reading his posts anyway. I find it easier to ignore him when his posts are in plain view. At least I can laugh at the short ones., and just pass over the long, cut and paste essays.

Documad
07-30-2005, 11:44 PM
A lot of what entertains me about this site in general is that I get to interact with all sorts of different people.
So a rather dim fellow who posts every email he gets is just part of the mix.

I used to see those chain email things and think "who is the audience for this? Surely no one is silly enough to believe them, muchless pass them along!" But now, I have my answer. There is someone who appears to have no critical thinking skills at all, and who will post a 3 year old article full of nonsense, and not intentionally to spam (I think) but because he actually seems to think it says something meaningful. It's the part where he goes "gotcha!" when posting something that's critically flawed on its face that I enjoy.

I am guilty of responding. And I'm not sure why I'm doing it except that I think it's the same part of me that sometimes listens to local talk radio. I want to know what the enemy is feeding some of our well meaning but vulnerable citizens.

I am no expert on the political forum. I went in there when I first joined, but I hated it. It may have been the election, but I couldn't understand the tone people took with each other. I would like to hear what people think and why, but more in the tone I would take when talking with my neighbor, rather than high school debate on steroids. Also, I worked on a lot of campaigns in 2004, and will likely be even more involved in 2006 so I get enough republicans this, democrats that. I'm more intrigued by what the working poor think George W. Bush or their local Republicans have done for them. Why people are afraid of homosexuals and feminists. Why would people want teachers to teach their kids adam and eve stories instead of basic reading and math skills. And wtf is up with "independents."

yeahwho
07-31-2005, 12:20 AM
A lot of what entertains me about this site in general is that I get to interact with all sorts of different people.
So a rather dim fellow who posts every email he gets is just part of the mix.

I used to see those chain email things and think "who is the audience for this? Surely no one is silly enough to believe them, muchless pass them along!" But now, I have my answer.

Yeah....whats up with all these emailings anyway. I went into an email account with my ISP the other day just to see if anything was in there and sure enough, I had a dozen emails from John Kerry's campaign bitching about Repulicans doing what Republicans do.

I don't read that crap....but gmsisko seems to revel in the lamest fodder that comes down the pike, lets bombard him with cute animal pictures next time he posts. I'm loading up sites to goose his ass next chance I can get.

QueenAdrock
07-31-2005, 01:05 AM
But, if we are on the topic of crazy, and honesty, lately I have been finding QueenAdrock pretty crazy. No offense or anything, but I find she seems to be trolling near him in recent weeks, and it just seems to be those two arguing all the time in the Political Board. I'm not going to say on of them is right or wrong, but it just seems like there are 2 people, complete opposites it would seem, and they both do the same thing.

I've been meeting him post-for-post, yeah. The only difference is, I'm able to open my mind to new ideas. I believe in both abortion and the death penalty, I'm against the Iraq war, but not war in general, I'd vote for McCain if I had a chance, yadda yadda. I'm able to say "If Clinton did this during his term, he'd be considered an asshole in my book." I'm able to claim faults in my party, I can see the bigger picture, and the more gray-section rather than black-and-white absolutism.

He simply can't pull his head out of his ass to form a logical thought other than "I love GWB and he is infallible!"

And as for the trolling thing, absolutely. I'm not putting up with his bullshit anymore. I'll continue to post up liberal propaganda, too. I'm not letting him take the board and turn it into a "I hate liberals" board. It doesn't necessarily mean I believe word to every article or post I post up, it is just meant to bring about a different perspective that doesn't relate to how "awesome" republicans are.

Documad
07-31-2005, 01:06 AM
Yes, I get about 4-5 silly emails every day from the democrats and I don't post them.

The other mystery here is why half his emails/articles are really old.

I still prefer the email spammer to the fake intellectual. :rolleyes:

yeahwho
07-31-2005, 01:18 AM
Yes, I get about 4-5 silly emails every day from the democrats and I don't post them.

My regular email is cool, just friends and the occaisional work memo.
I have these two other accounts that I use to order things on and one I never used except to donate some political $$$, so it always has Kerry's campaign fodder, almost a year after he's lost. Whats up with that? I will never donate to him again, give my money to a food bank or something real, I don't want perceptions, I want results.

QueenAdrock
07-31-2005, 01:34 AM
Yeah man. Kerry's still got $20 from me. He better spend it on something sweet. Like some hotdogs to go along with all that fuckin' ketchup he's got at his house.

Documad
07-31-2005, 01:51 AM
I still give regularly to local candidates. 2006 will be more important in my state than 2004. We need to get that message out to the local people who came out big in 2004 for Kerry--somehow make them understand what's at stake now locally.

The Kerry/Move on /Dean emails don't work on me. In fact, they piss me off. But they must work to some extent. I hope that someone in charge of this stuff has done their homework. There must be people who froth at the mouth when they read the latest doings of the Republicans. I'm not one of them because none of it is surprising to me.

I am all about charity at the local level. My friend volunteers at a homeless shelter. She says they really need foot powder. That's something I can get excited about.

QueenAdrock
07-31-2005, 01:55 AM
What state are you in, Documad?

We're trying to get Governor Ehrlich outta office next year, and Mayor O'Malley (from Baltimore) in. Karl Rove went to go campaign for Ehrlich, which you would think would make the campaign look WORSE. :rolleyes:

Documad
07-31-2005, 02:11 AM
Minnesota. We have a young fundamentalist, Springsteen-loving likeable guy Republican Governor who needs to go. We also have a "Democratic" mayor of St. Paul who endorsed Bush for President (he's actually up this fall). We have an open seat for US Senate. And ALL of our state legislative offices.

Our other US Senator is Bush's bitch (aka Norm Coleman -- a former NY Jew, Democrat who converted to Republican and is now anti-choice and he's leading Rove's defense). So Bush spent a lot of time here and some idiots thought Minnesota was a swing state in 2004 but that actually helped because people turned out huge for Kerry and that caused Democrats to win state house races in unexpected places. So our Governor and Senator proved they can't deliver jack shit for the national Republicans, but Bush still pays a lot of attention to them.
:rolleyes:

cookiepuss
07-31-2005, 11:04 AM
fact: I dislike sisko very much

fact: the politcal section would be boring if no one had oposing view points. it would be a buch of "here, here, chap" and dicksucking if everyone were to agree.

fact: sisko has a right to post his dribble even though it makes my brain hurt.

fact: sisko is president bush's alias. ok I'm not so sure about that one. but I think they might have been in the same special ed class.

QueenAdrock
07-31-2005, 11:16 AM
I agree.

Here, here, chap! :D

ToucanSpam
07-31-2005, 11:31 AM
I've been meeting him post-for-post, yeah. The only difference is, I'm able to open my mind to new ideas. I believe in both abortion and the death penalty, I'm against the Iraq war, but not war in general, I'd vote for McCain if I had a chance, yadda yadda. I'm able to say "If Clinton did this during his term, he'd be considered an asshole in my book." I'm able to claim faults in my party, I can see the bigger picture, and the more gray-section rather than black-and-white absolutism.

He simply can't pull his head out of his ass to form a logical thought other than "I love GWB and he is infallible!"

And as for the trolling thing, absolutely. I'm not putting up with his bullshit anymore. I'll continue to post up liberal propaganda, too. I'm not letting him take the board and turn it into a "I hate liberals" board. It doesn't necessarily mean I believe word to every article or post I post up, it is just meant to bring about a different perspective that doesn't relate to how "awesome" republicans are.

I totally appreciate what you post. I just don't want you to turn into the 'liberal' version of gmsisko1! :p

yeahwho
07-31-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm beginning a campaign of love, love with the help of cute animals (http://www.svsd35.mb.ca/mafeking/stpages/Grade%204/dallas/cute%20kitty.jpg) in every response to gmsisko1, I just know it's going to make him happier and more cheery. :)

Soon gmsisko1 will be known as the "Happy Republican" who relishes (http://www.garnetchaney.com/images/animals/Indian_and_Pilgrim.jpg) a fine civil debate with his fellow citizens here on planet earth, it's the cute animals therapy. (y)

QueenAdrock
07-31-2005, 01:59 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

pls marry me (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/QueenAdrock1/pets/59281253.jpg)

sam i am
08-05-2005, 11:13 PM

WTG, Queen! Love ya, babe!

sam i am
08-05-2005, 11:14 PM
fact: I dislike sisko very much

fact: the politcal section would be boring if no one had oposing view points. it would be a buch of "here, here, chap" and dicksucking if everyone were to agree.

fact: sisko has a right to post his dribble even though it makes my brain hurt.

fact: sisko is president bush's alias. ok I'm not so sure about that one. but I think they might have been in the same special ed class.

bwwwwhhhaaaaahhahahahahahahahah!

sam i am
08-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm beginning a campaign of love, love with the help of cute animals (http://www.svsd35.mb.ca/mafeking/stpages/Grade%204/dallas/cute%20kitty.jpg) in every response to gmsisko1, I just know it's going to make him happier and more cheery. :)

Soon gmsisko1 will be known as the "Happy Republican" who relishes (http://www.garnetchaney.com/images/animals/Indian_and_Pilgrim.jpg) a fine civil debate with his fellow citizens here on planet earth, it's the cute animals therapy. (y)

BTW, I love the cute animal posts. Love rules for TRUE republicans!