PDA

View Full Version : Work (or lack thereof) rant

Freebasser
08-08-2005, 06:20 AM
I've been loking for a summer job shifting pallets around/order picking/donkey work so I can get me some money for the new semester and I keep getting fucked over by recruitment agencies.

Basically, 90% of all the factory and warehouse jobs round here are shitty. They either run 12 hour shifts (which I'm not prepared to do unless I get completely desperate) or they only have regular work for non-agency workers - and the only way to become a non agency worker is to join with the agency and then be offered a full time place stacking pallets for the rest of your life, which isn't exactly my bag either.

The latest fiasco? I go on a two day training course in how to drive a pallet truck where I'm paid £5.35 an hour or something which I only get if I start the job. However, after being told I'd receive a phonecall about the job over the weekend, I find out off my mate (also applying for same job) that he called her today because neither of us had heard anything all weekend, and she basically said that she had inducted 3 times too many people for the job and that we wouldn't be required.

So not only did I not get the job, but she didn't even let us know we hadn't got it! AND because I didn't start there officially it's touch and go whether or not I get paid for those two training days.

Freebasser is annoyed (n)

roosta
08-08-2005, 06:34 AM
you use american words like "semester" and "mom"

Freebasser
08-08-2005, 06:47 AM
That's because my University actually works in semesters not terms.

I say "your mom" because Americans laugh at you if you say "your mum".

;)

roosta
08-08-2005, 06:57 AM
That's because my University actually works in semesters not terms.

I say "your mom" because Americans laugh at you if you say "your mum".

;)

to be honest i think my college uses the word semester as well

the pack of gays

Freebasser
08-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Haha :D

I just realised how mind-numbingly boring this thread is. I really need a job :/

TAL
08-08-2005, 07:49 AM
9 days left at work (y)

roosta
08-08-2005, 07:51 AM
14 days left at work (y)

paul jones
08-08-2005, 12:09 PM
recruitment agencies love to take hard earned money away from us

I would feel better if they were officially called Bloodsucking Vampires

Freebasser
08-08-2005, 03:33 PM
The woman running the agency I'm at now is fucking dreadful.

She told me and my mate to get in work for 1pm t'other day, and then pulled up in her car at 2pm and came in the canteen then said "sorry I'm late, I've been off trying to find a suitable pallet truck to train on". Yeah right, luv. That's why you just arrived in the car park with a bag of shopping.

That and she goes round with her bra in full view, trying to chat up all the supervisors - which would be funny if she actually had any tits to show off.

Vampires indeed (n)

ToucanSpam
08-08-2005, 03:39 PM
I've been working with pallets all summer.

You know what's fun?

Surfing on the pallet jack them while someone else drives. :D

TurdBerglar
08-08-2005, 03:44 PM
i have a pallet jack liscence!

ToucanSpam
08-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Is there such a thing?

TurdBerglar
08-08-2005, 03:46 PM
uhhh

yeah