PDA

View Full Version : NEW!!! ::ROOT DOWN::(Rubin On Rye Mix)

TheMightyAjax
08-08-2005, 09:43 PM
If I here another 80's synth track, I'm gonna' friggin' lose it... :rolleyes: ;)

LISTEN HERE: Root Down ( Rubin On Rye Mix) (http://www.skot1.com/skot1_rootdown.mp3)

Played everything live...as usual

Rick Rubin would be proud!

Tempest
08-09-2005, 10:18 AM
definately a fan of this..

refreshing - i like the instrumental a lot...i was thinking of trying some of my own material with something like this in the near future (i am pretty busy at the moment with other stuff). who knows maybe you just wouldn't be interested but if i sent you some examples of what i'm up to and you like it maybe we could make something happen. basically i enjoyed this.
Peace.
Tempest.

locKDown
08-09-2005, 11:56 AM
pretty cool. like the sections at 1:10 and 2:35 when it switches up.

TheMightyAjax
08-09-2005, 12:42 PM

who knows maybe you just wouldn't be interested but if i sent you some examples of what i'm up to and you like it maybe we could make something happen. basically i enjoyed this.
Peace.
Tempest.

Definitely! I'm open to working with people...If I can help make a tune better, I'm happy. Send me something...email is on my site.

Lookin' forward to it, Later... (y)

BeastieRunner
08-09-2005, 01:08 PM
That is awesome! Great job! :cool:

TheMightyAjax
08-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks! Glad you like it.
I was listening tothe "Raising Hell" album and wanted to do something from that era...License To Ill... I just made it a little more modern with the chorus. Simple guitars and beats, very fun formula.

P.S. When I said I was sick of hearing 80's synth tracks, I was talking about myself...I've been producing for a group and all they want is 80's electro. Gets tired quickly. Hope noone was offended... :o

Later

BeastieRunner
08-09-2005, 02:52 PM
I just checked out your other remixes . . .

(y) (y) (y)

BroomHead
08-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I checked your others too. The Intergalactic one, among others, is amazing.

Simplicity is the key. And this definately sounds like a Rick Rubin beat. The drums, for me, could be a bit more hard-hitting and beefier but excellent nonetheless. Great idea. Keep doing what you're doing.

gstyle71
08-11-2005, 08:36 AM
GSTYLE 71 UK B BOY CREW 86.
Loved the Root Down cut, especially the guitar on the chourus.

Can I request a Paul Revere track.

Keep on strumming.

coupedeville
08-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Dug this one, clean as hell, simple. thanks.

Uru-Nitro
08-18-2005, 05:57 PM
this one should be on the next reedition of LTI :p

word

TheMightyAjax
08-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Haaa!!!!Thanks! More to come soon...I've been workin' like a dog but Ihave a ton of Bboy stuff to upload when I find the time!

Thanks again! :D