PDA

View Full Version : Popularity

Kid Presentable
08-09-2005, 10:06 AM
There was a period where QDrop was the most fascinating character here, and now just nothing. It's amazing how fickle an audience we are. You've really got to pick your moments.

I feel I've had four or five days of legend status. I couldn't post a wrong word, and then out of nowhere I'm all elbows and knees. I guess this thread makes me post-legend. Lots of you Americans are just legends taking time off. Like how Cosmo will be everywhere for a while, posting all the right shit. And then gone. But not.

cj hood is a BG legend, but hasn't quite gotten over with the BF crowd. Given time, I think he'll make a worthy competitor. Zorra, she's a legend who just doesn't want the glory; the penultimate legend. The slacker.

It shows in how harsh everybody is to Toucanspam, because he's just paying his dues until he gets a run as an MB legend. Or how Robmoney gets shit dumped on his every post makes him the 'anti-legend', a 'heel' if you will.

To me, it's like being myself, sitting in the cock-pit of my brain, controlling myself and having no idea what I'm doing.

icy manipulator
08-09-2005, 10:07 AM
when was your legendary stage? when you got drunk and started oz clique? :p

ms.peachy
08-09-2005, 10:09 AM
I really think you may be thinking about this too much, man.

Take a walk, go outside or something.

Qdrop
08-09-2005, 10:10 AM
There was a period where QDrop was the most fascinating character here, and now just nothing.

wait....

wait...umm...

wait...

when was i popular and fascninating to everyone?

and when did i fall off? (and become "just nothing")

i have no idea how to take this....

i think i have a tear welling up...

am i....a..."has been"?

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 10:11 AM
I really think you may be thinking about this too much, man.

Take a walk, go outside or something.

That's a standard reply

ms.peachy
08-09-2005, 10:13 AM
That's a standard reply
It's a standard situation.

Kid Presentable
08-09-2005, 10:20 AM
It's a standard situation.

Once the board has expanded as far as it can, it must begin returning inward.

beastieangel01
08-09-2005, 10:23 AM
are you going to start nominating prom king and queen of the BBMB now too?

ms.peachy
08-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Once the board has expanded as far as it can, it must begin returning inward.
So at any moment, it could, like, go supernova and collapse in on itself, resulting in a massive black hole!

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 10:24 AM

I think we should!

icy manipulator
08-09-2005, 10:26 AM
I think we should!
why not set it up like a miss universe theme, vote for the best contenders of each country

synch
08-09-2005, 10:26 AM
We have "popularity contests" every six months on this other board I go to.

On the before last one I was "best mod", on the last one I didn't get a single mention.

The audience is fickle :(

beastieangel01
08-09-2005, 10:28 AM
We have "popularity contests" every six months on this other board I go to.

On the before last one I was "best mod", on the last one I didn't get a single mention.

The audience is fickle :(

I never get nominated for anything. I don't mind it, but my point is to not feel too bad about it all! :p

Qdrop
08-09-2005, 10:29 AM
wait,...i'm still hung up on being a "has been".

and will somone please tell me when i was popular and fascinating?

Kid Presentable
08-09-2005, 10:30 AM
I never get nominated for anything. I don't mind it, but my point is to not feel too bad about it all! :p

You're just as likely to be a legend; snazzy avatar, fluent prose.

The only thing holding you back is that Beastie Boys referencing user name. See, around these parts, it pays not to be a fan...

synch
08-09-2005, 10:30 AM
There was a thread on that board today where people were asking "who are all of the mods again?" and I didn't even get a mention in there.

I should really start banning people for no reason.

That way people are bound to remember me ;)

icy manipulator
08-09-2005, 10:31 AM

i dont remember such a phase :confused:

beastieangel01
08-09-2005, 10:38 AM
You're just as likely to be a legend; snazzy avatar, fluent prose.

The only thing holding you back is that Beastie Boys referencing user name. See, around these parts, it pays not to be a fan...

I explained in another thread that I made it when I was 15/16.

I just stick with it, since so many people called me BA01 since then, regardless of the username. I'm now 21, it just kind of stuck.

:)

Kid Presentable
08-09-2005, 10:42 AM

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 10:42 AM
why not set it up like a miss universe theme, vote for the best contenders of each country

Yes! But we should divide regions up like best Northern Europe and Best UK, and Best South America.

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 10:43 AM

True. I get you, beastieangel confused with other girls with "Beastie" in their names. We're not only a fickle audience, we're also pretty dense.

Kid Presentable
08-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Zorra and Zount, homecoming '05 in Hobart!

Kid Presentable
08-09-2005, 10:44 AM
True. I get you, beastieangel confused with other girls with "Beastie" in their names. We're not only a fickle audience, we're also pretty dense.

And fussy!

miss soul fire
08-09-2005, 10:44 AM
I guess I used to be popular back in 2000-2001, but I didn't feel right. I had lots of board friends and all. It's weird to think about that now. I'm not the popular type at all. Never been. Actually there was no such label at school. Maybe now, with the American influence, but not at my time. OK, we're talking about the board, only.:D

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 10:46 AM
I guess I used to be popular back in 2000-2001, but I didn't feel right. I had lots of board friends and all. It's weird to think about that now. I'm not the popular type at all. Never been. Actually there was no such label at school. Maybe now, with the American influence, but not at my time. OK, we're talking about the board, only.:D

When I joined everyone loved you but since then the enthusiasm around you has died down and I don't know why because you haven't seemed to change. Although now I like you more but that's just because I wasn't paying attention back then.

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 10:47 AM
And fussy!

and vain!

Kid Presentable
08-09-2005, 10:49 AM
and vain!
Glad you finally noticed!

cj hood
08-09-2005, 10:52 AM
cj hood is a BG legend

'bout time i got props!

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 10:54 AM
I used to be a legend, back in the day *gets wistful, far away look in eyes*
I used to start like 5 threads a day and they called me the "nuzzolotron postobot 5000"

Kid Presentable
08-09-2005, 10:57 AM
I used to be a legend, back in the day *gets wistful, far away look in eyes*
I used to start like 5 threads a day and they called me the "nuzzolotron postobot 5000"

When I had to start juicing to keep up with demand, that was the end of me.

You got your mickills, they just post and post, no worries. Me, I clawed up from the bottom, each post a step closer to redemption. Each step closer to redemption more vital to cling to than the last.

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 10:59 AM
I had to fake my own death to get away from my public demands. I had to escape to a secluded island, all the merchandising and marketing concerning my posts - all the infomertials and billboards and baseball caps and logos everywhere - started to affect my sanity.

beastieangel01
08-09-2005, 10:59 AM
we're also pretty dense.

that'll happen.

On a random and somewhat similar note, everytime I see your username I see "nose."

Something in my head decides to ignore the rest of the letters when just glancing at it.

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 11:02 AM
that'll happen.

On a random and somewhat similar note, everytime I see your username I see "nose."

Something in my head decides to ignore the rest of the letters when just glancing at it.

yeah yeah I know.

mickill
08-09-2005, 11:04 AM
When I had to start juicing to keep up with demand, that was the end of me.

You got your mickills, they just post and post, no worries. Me, I clawed up from the bottom, each post a step closer to redemption. Each step closer to redemption more vital to cling to than the last.

I don't even try. Imagine if I tried. Imagine that!

Kid Presentable
08-09-2005, 11:05 AM
I don't even try. Imagine if I tried. Imagine that!

Shit. Now imagine what it's gonna take for me to reply...

mickill
08-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Shit. Now imagine what it's gonna take for me to reply...
I'm trying. But I keep picturing the Sammantha Fox poster on the wall in my room from when I was a kid.

Kid Presentable
08-09-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm trying. But I keep picturing the Sammantha Fox poster on the wall in my room from when I was a kid.

Funny that, I just took off my shirt.

cosmo105
08-09-2005, 11:13 AM
if steger and i don't win prom king and queen...well...we'll just get drunk and make out under the bleachers anyway.

DroppinScience
08-09-2005, 02:06 PM

It was sometime earlier this year. When there was heightened fascination between you and your girlfriend (everyone just DYING to know what she looked like, etc.). Around this time you were leading a one-man Beastie Revolution (hey look, I referenced one of the BBoys' songs ;) ), trying to change this board from the bottom up.

I think the "fascinating" period started its decline when you got your girlfriend to join this board, and after maybe 20 or so posts, she packed up and left.

That's my theory anyway.

DroppinScience
08-09-2005, 02:09 PM
As for myself, I'm not sure if I've ever gained "legend" status. I think of myself as more of the amusing/zany supporting character of this "movie." Has a few cool scene-stealing moments, but ultimately is relegated to the background, while the big Hollywood stars (i.e. mickill, Cosmo, Echewta) get their close-ups.

synch
08-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Like Ed Harris? Oh wait, you mean more like comic relief.

Hmmm... Rick Moranis in ghostbusters?

DroppinScience
08-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Like Ed Harris? Oh wait, you mean more like comic relief.

Hmmm... Rick Moranis in ghostbusters?

Actually, I'm down with both the Ed Harris (if I'm being serious) or Rick Moranis (if I'm being hopelessly moronic) comparisons. They both rock. :cool:

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 02:20 PM
I always assume I'm a star. It's my movie, you are all just extras.

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 02:22 PM
I think what I did was a mistake. I definately overposted, and now I am kind of settling down. A lot less Star Wars, and I talk tomore people one on one off of the board. I feel like I found a niche as the little brother of everyone. I can accept that.

...anyways that was kind of retarted. I think that there is a popularity level on this board. But it is not my place to say who is popular and who isn't.

DroppinScience
08-09-2005, 02:22 PM
I always assume I'm a star. It's my movie, you are all just extras.

You'd be Marla in "Fight Club," that's for sure.

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 02:23 PM
You'd be Marla in "Fight Club," that's for sure.

That's DipDipDive's spirit movie character

DroppinScience
08-09-2005, 02:24 PM
That's DipDipDive's spirit movie character

I see that more as you, since you can just wig out and weird us all out like no other.

I could totally see you saying: "I wanna have your abortion" after sex with mickill.

TAL
08-09-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm usually never mentioned in threads like these. Which is good.

synch
08-09-2005, 02:25 PM
TAL IS ONE OF THE BESTEST POSTERS ON HERE!

I mean that by the way.

Oh and you are "weirded out" by nuzz mr Moranis? :)

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 02:26 PM
I see that more as you, since you can just wig out and weird us all out like no other.

I could totally see you saying: "I wanna have your abortion" after sex with mickill.

The sandwich I started digesting two hours ago is now making a nostalgic visit back to my throat.

DroppinScience
08-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Oh and you are "weirded out" by nuzz mr Moranis? :)

Does this mean that Nuzz would be Sigourney Weaver in "Ghostbusters." (If the BBMB was "Ghostbusters")

"Are you the keymaster?" :p

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Does this mean that Nuzz would be Sigourney Weaver in "Ghostbusters." (If the BBMB was "Ghostbusters")

"Are you the keymaster?" :p

I (http://afm.infinit.net/chro/queens/WEAVER019.JPG) sleep above the covers...four feet above the covers.

synch
08-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Is that an indecent proposal for nuzz? I think she's still trying to keep her food from reminiscing after that mickill comment.

Qdrop
08-09-2005, 02:32 PM
It was sometime earlier this year. When there was heightened fascination between you and your girlfriend (everyone just DYING to know what she looked like, etc.). Around this time you were leading a one-man Beastie Revolution (hey look, I referenced one of the BBoys' songs ;) ), trying to change this board from the bottom up. yeah...that was fun.
then sercombe got banned...and some other people withered away...and things got much better around here.

there are still like 5 people i would like to see leave for good.
we could use another purging.

I think the "fascinating" period started its decline when you got your girlfriend to join this board, and after maybe 20 or so posts, she packed up and left.

That's my theory anyway. eh...she's still comes on. she posted last week.
she's just doesn't have alot of internet access these days, nor alot of freetime....
nor much interest in message boards.

so you think my supposed popularity came mostly from wondering what female could put up with me in real life?
dang....

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Is that an indecent proposal for nuzz? I think she's still trying to keep her food from reminiscing after that mickill comment.

It's not that mickill isn't a handsome man. It's not that at all. He's a VERY handsome man. He's downright pretty. He's prettier than I am.

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 02:35 PM
QDrop has had a consistant amount of attention. He never got any less popular, it's just that DS's crush wore off when he realized he had a girl.

Bob
i used to be popular, but now even qdrop doesn't know who i am, and he knows EVERYTHING (if you ask him)

Qdrop
It's not that mickill isn't a handsome man. It's not that at all. He's a VERY handsome man. He's downright pretty. He's prettier than I am.

do you ever fantasize about mickill leaving his wife and kid for you?

come clean...

Qdrop
08-09-2005, 02:37 PM
i used to be popular, but now even qdrop doesn't know who i am, and he knows EVERYTHING (if you ask him)

you seem plenty cool.

you just don't post enough.

i haven't had much interaction with you.

who cares what i think anyway...eh?

Bob
08-09-2005, 02:37 PM
you seem plenty cool.

you just don't post enough.

i haven't had much interaction with you.

who cares what i think anyway...eh?

i do :(

TAL
08-09-2005, 02:38 PM
TAL IS ONE OF THE BESTEST POSTERS ON HERE!

I mean that by the way.
Thank you.

Qdrop
08-09-2005, 02:40 PM
QDrop has had a consistant amount of attention. He never got any less popular, it's just that DS's crush wore off when he realized he had a girl.
ouch.

flame on....

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
do you ever fantasize about mickill leaving his wife and kid for you?

come clean...

No way, have you seen his wife? I wouldn't respect someone who left her. But I do fantasize about them hiring me as their nanny.

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 02:42 PM
flame on....
That's what he said.

kll
08-09-2005, 02:57 PM
This thread reminds me of people with new money - you know they have new money because they talk about it all the time... have to keep convincing themselves and others that they are rich...

The people in this thread that give themselves notoriety really have never been anything other than just a member to me... if you have to talk about what you are, then you really have never been it...

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 03:04 PM
The people in this thread that give themselves notoriety really have never been anything other than just a member to me...
:(

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 03:04 PM
This thread reminds me of people with new money - you know they have new money because they talk about it all the time... have to keep convincing themselves and others that they are rich...

The people in this thread that give themselves notoriety really have never been anything other than just a member to me... if you have to talk about what you are, then you really have never been it...

So you gonna name names or what?

Loppfessor
08-09-2005, 03:32 PM

Wow that's a great analogy man...

Anyway I don't think I've ever been "popular" on here but I have remained consistent. For the bulk of the time here the only person I considered my real friend was Tone cus umm we're friends in real life. In the past few months however I've connected, for lack of a better term, with a few really cool people on here.

TurdBerglar
08-09-2005, 03:37 PM
remember last summer? holy shit dude. i was on fire

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Turd remains the model of consistant popularity.

TurdBerglar
08-09-2005, 03:39 PM
what the hell is you problem? shut the fuck up

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 03:40 PM
what the hell is you problem? shut the fuck up
I love you.

TurdBerglar
08-09-2005, 03:40 PM
you're always right on my ass. fuck off

kll
08-09-2005, 03:41 PM
I would say that there is truly a handful of people who may be popular "across the board" (no pun intended)... there are a lot who may be popular within a group of members, but it's hard to cross over to the legendary status that Kid Presentable has talked about... in fact, aside from Echewta, I'm not sure anyone is truly a "legend"...

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 03:41 PM
you're always right on my ass. fuck off
You don't understand. Please.

Touch me.

kll
08-09-2005, 03:42 PM

Touch me.
creepiest post of the day!

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah.

Usually I try for the lonely desperate cowboy, but this time I went all out.

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 03:43 PM
creepiest post of the day!

y'all, this post here sounds to me like a challenge

Freebasser
08-09-2005, 03:50 PM
If this board really was a film then it would flop on it's opening week, and it ain't ever gonna acheive cult status, that's for sure.

Especially if it had DroppinScience in it :/

DroppinScience
08-09-2005, 03:53 PM
If this board really was a film then it would flop on it's opening week, and it ain't ever gonna acheive cult status, that's for sure.

This film will NEVER find a distributor when Carrot Top is cast to play you. :(

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 03:54 PM

even with the mae drama, and the whatshershit drama - you know that girl, the vols dancer?

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Freebasser will be played by me.

ToucanSpam will be played by Freebasser.

Freebasser
08-09-2005, 03:55 PM
BBMB = Gigli

Freebasser
08-09-2005, 03:57 PM
This film will NEVER find a distributor when Carrot Top is cast to play you. :(

You're right. I look so much like him.

It's fucking uncanny.

kll
BBMB = Gigli
i disagree.

i think that this board would definitely reach cult status - as it takes a certain type to "get" this place and once you are sucked in, well, we all know how that goes...

Nuzzolese
BBMB = Gigli

those celebrities will always be legends though

DroppinScience
even with the mae drama, and the whatshershit drama - you know that girl, the vols dancer?

Anne Lauren?

Freebasser
08-09-2005, 03:58 PM
i disagree.

i think that this board would definitely reach cult status - as it takes a certain type to "get" this place and once you are sucked in, well, we all know how that goes...

Are you sure you meant to type "cult"?

Nuzzolese
08-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Anne Lauren?

Yes

kll
Are you sure you meant to type "cult"?

don't wanna get banned!

Freebasser
This film needs more Damajas.

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Throw in 10 or so love stories and a lightsabre duel between me and G-Mile, we got ourselves a blockbuster hit with the young adults.

kll
damaja was a good freebasser alias

Freebasser

Busted! :(

TurdBerglar
08-09-2005, 04:04 PM
damaja deserves more respect than that

Freebasser
08-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Like you'd know what respect is, hick.

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Like you'd know what respect is, hick.
dont diss my man.

TurdBerglar
08-09-2005, 04:06 PM
where do you get hick from?

zippo
08-09-2005, 05:36 PM
When I joined everyone loved you but since then the enthusiasm around you has died down and I don't know why because you haven't seemed to change.

yes you do! because leaders are only on top for once! /enthusiasm

zippo
08-09-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm just pathetic.

youre pathetic.

Loppfessor
08-09-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm pretty unpopular here as I am in real life. That's not fair though because the most popular online are the most unpopular in real life. I'm just pathetic.

Umm if you want to you can sit at my table in the lunch room, but you hafta give me a star crunch or a nutty bar

Loppfessor
08-09-2005, 06:17 PM
^ fair enough....can I still have the Nutty Bar?....oh and FYI that's deer urine

miss soul fire
08-09-2005, 06:18 PM
When I joined everyone loved you but since then the enthusiasm around you has died down and I don't know why because you haven't seemed to change. Although now I like you more but that's just because I wasn't paying attention back then.
Thanks, Nuzzolese.:)
I like you too.

I feel definitely much better with my "death". I feel there's no pressure anymore.:D

And Turd, you'll always be the new MOA (or Notorious LOL) to me or even Sprewell. No matter what you say, it's always amusing and I don't know about other people, but I never get offended about anything you say, like "shut the fuck up, bitch". I always smile (haha!:D). I don't know if you are always kidding or if you are really that way, but it's so awesome.:p

Well, well. Popularity never seemed to prevent the contact between the "cool" kids and the invisible ones.:p

TurdBerglar
08-09-2005, 06:23 PM
im no sprewell

miss soul fire
08-09-2005, 06:24 PM
im no sprewell
He was damn hot!!

Too.;)

TurdBerglar
08-09-2005, 06:25 PM
is msf flirting????

cj hood
08-09-2005, 06:25 PM

Touch me.

you're either gay or a virgin.....i haven't figured it out yet....

miss soul fire
08-09-2005, 06:28 PM
is msf flirting????
The "F" is from FIRE! :cool:

TurdBerglar
08-09-2005, 06:30 PM
oh baby let me put the fire OUT

zippo
08-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Zippo, I already know. That's why I posted it.

i was just repeating what you said though

Freebasser
08-10-2005, 06:27 AM
where do you get hick from?

You mean apart from you wanting to have sex with family members?

No idea, Shawn.

cj hood
08-10-2005, 07:34 AM
post count has nothing to do with being a legend....

Nuzzolese
08-10-2005, 07:42 AM
You mean apart from you wanting to have sex with family members?

No idea, Shawn.

No blood relation, just a sweet hot girl IN YOUR HOUSE all emotionally fragile and angry at her parents.

Qdrop
08-10-2005, 08:02 AM

god i hope not.

i used to chat with him on AIM once in a while....
he seemed plenty cool...

a far cry from freebasser....

Freebasser
08-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Boo hoo Qdrop doesn't think I'm cool :( :( :(

If a gawky twat like you thought I was cool I'd have to take my own life immediately.

Nuzzolese
08-10-2005, 09:59 AM
So am I popular or not?

Kid Presentable
08-10-2005, 10:01 AM
So am I popular or not?

Sadly, you are.

TAL
08-10-2005, 10:01 AM
You are popular on my computer.

Nuzzolese
08-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Sadly, you are.

YEP

adam_f
08-10-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm popular with the seven year olds who are addicted to interweb porn.

Freebasser
08-10-2005, 10:42 AM
I can quit any time I want.

adam_f
08-10-2005, 10:44 AM
I can quit smoking anytime I want. I've never smoked, but that's besides the point.

Bob
08-10-2005, 10:46 AM
i used to smoke on weekends, while drinking, but decided to stop because it made me smell bad. i only did it for a few months, it's been at least a year since my last one, but there are still times where i feel like i want a cigarette. not NEED one, just want one. they look so damn cool, too

Kid Presentable
08-10-2005, 10:48 AM
I can quit smoking anytime I want. I've never smoked, but that's besides the point.

You should start smoking. It'll be the best thing you've ever done. Honest, you'll love it.. (y)

Anne Lauren
08-10-2005, 01:37 PM

Hahahaha :p

Hiebz
08-10-2005, 02:36 PM
in my book Knuckles is a legend, R.I.P. and respect and shit

I'm too lazy to be popular here, but in real life I seam to be able to get along fine and people seam to be okay with me, but I don't think I've ever been on the popular list; but the people who do take the time to know me have found me to be pretty interesting - or at least that is what I want to believe :p

I care less and less about that as the days go by, and if it were not for my love for my wife, I would probably make for a good hermit.

hermit

Mr_Complex
08-10-2005, 02:43 PM
I am so money and you don't even know it.

roosta
08-10-2005, 03:17 PM
remember that chick with the short hair who posted all those quasi-porn black and white pics? who was she again?

TAL
08-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Pornshopjenn

Nuzzolese
08-10-2005, 03:25 PM
dusty brain was a legend, and sprewell, and mythago. Well, they were legends to me during the time. It's all highly subjective.

roosta
08-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Pornshopjenn

thats the one.i wonder what became of her

P.T.B.A.I.
08-10-2005, 06:35 PM
*ponders* Maybe she got vapourised by the ray-gun of a radical super wacky futuristic bottle of detergent? :confused:

BionicEye
08-10-2005, 07:14 PM
they look so damn cool, too

Nah man... I - a smoker - look at non-smokers as the cool people. I want to be just like them.

icy manipulator
08-11-2005, 12:22 AM
nuzz is definately the arty/poetic legend around here

avignon
08-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Popularity is so relative. There are a few people here who everyone seems to shamelessly butt-kiss, like they are soooooooooo popular, but I honestly can't see why. Their posts are 99.9% of the time about themselves or they only respond to a select few people in their inner circles. And every once in a while they will post something so assinine and no one will call them out about it because they have some "status". I can't figure out why they are so well received. I guess they are just pretty and that's enough.

mickill
08-11-2005, 12:40 AM
Popularity is so relative. There are a few people here who everyone seems to shamelessly butt-kiss, like they are soooooooooo popular, but I honestly can't see why. Their posts are 99.9% of the time about themselves or they only respond to a select few people in their inner circles. And every once in a while they will post something so assinine and no one will call them out about it because they have some "status". I can't figure out why they are so well received. I guess they are just pretty and that's enough.
Way to take Echewta down a peg or two.

zippo
08-11-2005, 12:52 AM
And every once in a while they will post something so assinine and no one will call them out about it because they have some "status"

i dont know who youre talking about, but if this is the case, then why dont you just call them out and you wont have to be slightly annoyed

this post proudly sponsored by the "did you mean..." feature

Gareth
08-11-2005, 01:23 AM
HEIRESS for prom queen. her internet game has been focussed since day one.
i don't really interact with anyone from here anymore so it's hard to be all popular and shit.

avignon
08-11-2005, 11:06 AM
i dont know who youre talking about, but if this is the case, then why dont you just call them out and you wont have to be slightly annoyed

this post proudly sponsored by the "did you mean..." feature
Honestly, on one specific example, by the time I read the post that was very off-putting, it was burried several pages back on a thread that was already on page two, so I felt that it would've been "shit-starting" to resurface it just to say, "hey! that was rude!" So I didn't do it. Usually I do respond kind of roughly to the people that I was thinking of.

It wasn't you, just sayin! :p