PDA

View Full Version : hey you european assholes

TurdBerglar
08-09-2005, 06:29 PM
how do all you guys feel about germany this day and age. i couldn't imagine the what rivalry is between an English and German soccer match. like in the back of the mind of society does eveyone still have hatred towards the germans? and how do the germans feel about the whole WWI/WWII thing?

zippo
08-09-2005, 06:43 PM
i couldn't imagine the rivalry there is between an English and German soccer match. like in the back of the minds of society, does eveyone still have hatred towards the germans?

well, this type of rivalry between certain countries during soccer matches is common, theres always matches where winning also slightly represents national revenge be it for political/social/cultural reasons...like for example Argentina-Uruguay, Chile-Peru, and more i can think of right now, you europeans should name more, australians have any? how about a U.S.-Iraq match? thank god neither of them are good at football eh.

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 06:49 PM
thank god neither of them are good at football eh.
word on that

Lemmy's Liver
08-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Germany - Holland is THE football rivalry game, turd.

don't ask me why though

people here in general are pretty cool in general about the WW2 stuff etc, it's not like their fault their grandparents did what they did.

I make jokes with/to my German friends about "you losers not winning a war in about 1000 years" and "back in the olden days you had these places that were good on concentrating and stuff... where are they now?"

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 06:51 PM
"you losers not winning a war in about 1000 years"
They won the Franco-Prussian War in 1871, when they took control of Alcase-Lorraine.

Lemmy's Liver
08-09-2005, 07:00 PM
yeah yeah, but the point is saying 1000 years to piss them off and see them flipping through their history books/calling their mamas in panic

franscar
08-09-2005, 07:01 PM
theres always matches where winning also slightly represents national revenge be it for political/social/cultural reasons...like for example Argentina-Uruguay, Chile-Peru, and more i can think of right now, you europeans should name more, australians have any? how about a U.S.-Iraq match? thank god neither of them are good at football eh.

U.S.A. vs Iran at the 1998 world cup looked a little icy, although the Iranian captain gave the U.S. captain a gigantic bouquet of flowers before the game, which was odd.

Also, the recent game between Bosnia-Herzegovina and Serbia & Montenegro was the first time the two nations had met since the Yugoslavian war, and it was full of crowd trouble referring to the ethnic cleansing. Looked nasty on the terraces, but it didn't spill onto the pitch.

Probably the biggest footballig rivalries between major nations that we hear about over here are Brazil v Argentina, Holland v Germany and England v Germany.

Last time England played Germany the atmosphere seems more jovial rather than antagonistic towards the other nation. Of course the tabloids come out with the usual jingoistic stuff before and after the match about "Sour Krauts" etc, but there's nothing malicious there anymore.

Certainly nothing like Honduras and El Salvador going to war over a game of football back in the 70's.

ToucanSpam
08-09-2005, 07:51 PM
yeah yeah, but the point is saying 1000 years to piss them off and see them flipping through their history books/calling their mamas in panic
I understand.

The Notorious LOL
08-09-2005, 08:11 PM
a couple of hash smoking hippy german exchange students at my high school said that most people there dont really like to think about it and generally it isnt discussed or brought up.

Lemmy's Liver
08-09-2005, 08:24 PM
that is exactly why they need assholes like me to remind them