PDA

View Full Version : I quit my job at the theater

adam_f
08-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Got that going for me.

I was supposed to work 4:30 until the last movie ended. I get there around 4:15 and the head guy (Carl) is waiting for me. He asked why we were 250 dollars short last night. I told him I didn't know and wasn't aware we were that much short. He completely tweaked out on me and grilled me to the point I thought his heart was going to burst. So I went around the counter, looked in this one drawer, and lo and behold there was the cash. He asked me how I knew that, and I said to ask this other kid who was working that counter. He had a tendency to just leave in the middle of counting his money and would stick it in the drawer so he wouldn't lose it. Well, he forgot and I got bitched at for it. I guess Carl still thought that I was going to steal it or some shit, so I told him to fuck off and I quit.

Now I need a new job.

wanton wench
08-10-2005, 03:56 PM
i'm proud of you!
who the hell wants to work for someone who thinks you are going to steal from them!

but really being unemployeed is not something you have going for you! :D

Lindsey_1535
08-10-2005, 04:00 PM
HHHAAZAAA for job quiting.
I hope me gets the new job so I get to throw in the towel at subway!!

GOOOOOD JOB EH!!

adam_f
08-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Doesn't your hair start to develop an aroma after working at subway? I sat next to my friend Steve in physics last year (he worked at subway) and all I could smell was the turkey and dressing and shit. SHIT WAS GROSS!

I could use your job though. I don't think I'll get rehired like last time after I was fired.

Lindsey_1535
08-10-2005, 04:06 PM
OHH YAHH. My work clothes are perma subway. Its gross. But it gets outta my hair with a shower. But my purse now that smells. :(
You can have my job. It smells.

adam_f
08-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Steve didn't wash his hair. That was part of the problem. He wasn't scummy, he just didn't wash his hair. SHIT WAS GROSS!

ms.peachy
08-10-2005, 04:46 PM
So let me get this straight. You selfishly decide to quit your job while poor little me is having a hard time getting a job... You take a job for granted as if they grew on trees. You ungrateful jobber!
I hear there's a job open at the theater. Maybe you should try there.

beastieangel01
08-10-2005, 05:38 PM
I don't blame you for quitting. Hopefully you find a better job soon (y)

paul jones
08-10-2005, 07:31 PM
better of out of there Adam

something else will come up (y)

QueenAdrock
08-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Wait a minute, you told him where the money was, and he thought you were trying to hoard it for yourself? Why the fuck would you look for it and/or find it if you wanted it for yourself? That's pretty stupid.

I worked at a theater when I was 15. I got written up for not being able to come into work one day when I was scheduled, and another time for "being tired" and acting like it while at work. No joke. :rolleyes:

That place sucked. I got $5.65 an hour to do so much shit, and I only got a 15 minute break every 4+ hours, if I did a double shift (12 hours), I got one 15-minute, and one half-hour. I now don't do shit at my job, and make $8.25/hr.

Loppfessor
08-11-2005, 02:26 AM
You know what you must do now......burn the theater down

tracky
08-11-2005, 02:57 AM
You could always go theatrical

adam_f
08-11-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by QueenAdrock
Wait a minute, you told him where the money was, and he thought you were trying to hoard it for yourself? Why the fuck would you look for it and/or find it if you wanted it for yourself? That's pretty stupid.

I didn't want it for myself. I was trying to find it and had a feeling it was in that drawer. I noticed when we counted the cash in the register, this one kid put some in the drawer walked away to go to the bathroom or something. He must've forgot. And I forgot to remind him.

Jesus Christ, I'm not going to steal money from anyone. I don't blame this guy for being agitated and assuming that someone stole it or hid it or whatever. I suppose I would too if I was in his shoes. But the way he acted towards me was uncalled for so I quit. I'm not gonna take that shit. I wouldn't bitch at someone in front of the entire staff and customers like he did. Christ.

ms.peachy
08-11-2005, 08:08 AM
But the way he acted towards me was uncalled for so I quit. I'm not gonna take that shit. I wouldn't bitch at someone in front of the entire staff and customers like he did. Christ.
Totally. That's so incredibly unprofessional. If I was in your situation, I'd write a letter to his boss, demanding an apology.

Freebasser
08-11-2005, 08:14 AM
I told the agency I was registered with to go and fuck themselves today, because they were completely and utterly incompetent.

adam_f
08-11-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by ms. peachy
Totally. That's so incredibly unprofessional. If I was in your situation, I'd write a letter to his boss, demanding an apology.

Nah, I can't do that. I LIVE BY THE CODE OF THE STREETS! THE STREETS! YOU CAN'T FUCK WIT ME! THE STREETS IS WHERE MY HEART IS AT! THE STREETS!

I probably won't is where I'm getting at.

ms.peachy
08-11-2005, 08:43 AM
Nah, I can't do that. I LIVE BY THE CODE OF THE STREETS! THE STREETS! YOU CAN'T FUCK WIT ME! THE STREETS IS WHERE MY HEART IS AT! THE STREETS!

I probably won't is where I'm getting at.
your choice, man. Me, I'd take the opportunity to make him look like an idiot in front of his boss, cuz I live by the code of the management hierarchy. Well, not really. I just enjoy the sadistic pleasure of going over someone's head, and other forms of ritual humiliation.

But you know, whatever. Slashing the guy's tires works too I guess.