PDA

View Full Version : Young people who dye their hair gray

CrankItUp!
08-11-2005, 08:15 PM
I just don't get it ! Why would a person prefer gray hair before their time ? My friend Stephanie is a very attractive woman at only 35 and dyes her hair gray. I've told her several times how much younger she would look if she kept her natural hair color , which is black.She just won't take my advice , but at the same time she complains about how young guys don't hit on her. She looks like an old woman to be so young and yet look so old.Many other young people ( both men and women ) go for that gray hair look too. I don't understand why any young person between 20 to 40-ish prefer gray hair . Is it to look sophisticated and have that rich ass - snooty look ? Personally , I think that gray hair before a person's time looks like shit ! I know that MCA sports grayish hair w/beard often - but who thinks he would look a lot better with ANY other color ? I'm just curious as to what you guys think in general about gray hair on young people . Is it a turn on or a turn off ?

TonsOfFun
08-12-2005, 05:34 AM
I had gray hair at 21 (I'm 25 now). But that was because of all the other colours I've put on it, lile blue, green, purple, black and then after too much swimming and not enough hair attention, my hair was gray. So I had it cut. And now, it's a mis-mash but mainly brown and green...

So to answer your question... I dunno :confused:

Loppfessor
08-12-2005, 05:46 AM
Gray is the new Purple

TonsOfFun
08-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Purple hair made me look gay. So the Grey maybe a cover up for being gay. So you should ask your friend if she is gay. If so, that is why no guys go out with her...

CrankItUp!
08-12-2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah , purple hair would make her look so much more attractive than that gray hair shit !

CiaoBellaXO
08-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Gray is the new Purple

Thursday is the new Friday.

cookiepuss
08-12-2005, 01:10 PM
She is probably already predominantely grey if she's dying it grey. For one, if you have dark hair and you put gray dye on it, it's not going to work. you'd have to bleach out your dark hair and put the grey over it. (maybe she does that)

Actually, putting a dark color over grey is probably the wost way to hide grey, so that probably why she doesn't dye it black. The dark dyes tend to fade pretty quickly and the grey shows through within three weeks or so.

Being an old head, I have to deal with greys, but I don't have that much. I started getting them when I was 23 or 24 though. What I do is get my dark brown hair highlighted with light brown or blond, which blends with the grey instead of trying to cover it up. that way I don't have to dye my hair every three weeks which is bad for your hair anyway.

abcdefz
08-12-2005, 01:16 PM
A week ago or so, I saw a teenage boy with the front of his black hair gray. Had to wonder if it was dyed that color or if he just had no pigment there (or whatever). It kinda blew me away, but it looked way better than most dye-jobs I see.

cookiepuss
08-12-2005, 01:18 PM
^ if my grey hair would grow in, in a cool streak like that, I would rock that look. but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. my grey comes in alllllll willy nilly. :(

abcdefz
08-12-2005, 01:23 PM
If I grow a goatee or a Van Dyke, I have no grey hair, but a few here and there which are blond instead of just brownish-blond.

Mary-Kate
08-12-2005, 02:30 PM
That's SUCH a fashion faux-pas!!! Who would ever WANT to do that! I hate grey hair!

beastieangel01
08-12-2005, 02:38 PM
people actually do that? :confused:

Freebasser
08-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Why don't they just use talc?

voltanapricot
08-12-2005, 03:41 PM
It itches like hell, as I found out playing Aunt Em in 'Wizard Of Oz' in year six. :o

Nuzzolese
08-15-2005, 02:25 PM
I didn't even know you could dye your hair gray, much less that this was some kind of trend. And you all knew about this trend too! I'm so out of touch.

Well, not totally out of touch. I did just get myself one of those lower back tattoos.

TurdBerglar
08-15-2005, 02:26 PM
yeah

i've never seen anyone dye their hair grey

CrankItUp!
08-15-2005, 07:44 PM
MCA is too young to have so much gray hair. And do you guys really think its naturally that way - no way !

Jayrock5054
08-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Fuck hair dye I just shave my head now that's classy

CrankItUp!
08-15-2005, 07:56 PM
I've never put no shit in my hair either - other than shampoo and a brush. (y)

Jayrock5054
08-15-2005, 07:58 PM
I've never put no shit in my hair either - other than shampoo and a brush. (y)

What no conditioner or TCB???

DroppinScience
08-15-2005, 09:23 PM
All I gotta say is that Anderson Cooper looks pretty bad-ass with that gray hair.

Then again, I think that's premature gray...

Sarky Devotchka
08-16-2005, 01:01 AM
uhh, I'm pretty sure that MCA's hair is naturally gray now.

hello, "I got more rhymes than I got grey hairs, and that's a lot because I got my share"

ooh, oh god, I think I just puked a little in my mouth while typing that.

Loppfessor
08-16-2005, 01:03 AM
I thought I found a gray hair the other day when I was styling my fro in the mirror. I plucked it out to examine it against a black background aka a black t-shirt. I then sent it to the boys in the lab for further testing. The results were inconclusive. It’s like half of it was gray the other half was a light brown. I’m only 24 11/12…. I can’t be going gray

Medellia
08-16-2005, 01:09 AM
^My mom started going gray at 17. Luckily I take after my dad in the hair color arena and haven't had any yet.

And if you still think you're too young, my roommate started going gray at 12.

BionicEye
08-16-2005, 01:10 AM
I've had greys since I was a teenager

Loppfessor
08-16-2005, 01:12 AM
^My mom started going gray at 17. Luckily I take after my dad in the hair color arena and haven't had any yet.

And if you still think you're too young, my roommate started going gray at 12.

Umm yeah but we're talkin bout me now geeze....I think I still got a few more good years left in me. My mom dyes her hair now but if she didn't she's have like two gray streaks down the sides which I think looks kinda cool on her.

Mido
08-16-2005, 01:13 AM
i've had greys since i was 15.

Medellia
08-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Umm yeah but we're talkin bout me now geeze....I think I still got a few more good years left in me. My mom dyes her hair now but if she didn't she's have like two gray streaks down the sides which I think looks kinda cool on her.
I was just trying to help you feel less crappy. Pointing out that there's people out there worse off than you. But no, you had to snap at me for it. Well fine, see if I'm ever nice to you again! *sob* :mad: :(

PS-Oooh, if I go gray I want streaks down the sides. That would be cool.

Loppfessor
08-16-2005, 01:17 AM
I was just trying to help you feel less crappy. Pointing out that there's people out there worse off than you. But no, you had to snap at me for it. Well fine, see if I'm ever nice to you again! *sob* :mad: :(

I'm sorry didn't mean to sound snappy, may I offer you some of my vanilla wafers?

Medellia
08-16-2005, 01:25 AM
I'm sorry didn't mean to sound snappy, may I offer you some of my vanilla wafers?
I'm not hungry right now, but maybe later.

zorra_chiflada
08-16-2005, 02:21 AM

you'd look like paulie walnuts from the sopranos

Medellia
08-16-2005, 02:24 AM
you'd look like paulie walnuts from the sopranos
Who? :confused:

I currently have a strange little Debbie Harry meets Mary Tyler Moore flip thing going on, and I think a couple of those little flippy bits would be really cute if they were a seperate colour.

zorra_chiflada
08-16-2005, 02:25 AM
Who? :confused:

this guy (http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/sopranos_paulie.jpg)

Medellia
08-16-2005, 02:27 AM
this guy (http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/sopranos_paulie.jpg)
Hahaha! :D

louise
08-16-2005, 02:29 AM
people who dye their hair blond :o

i don't get it why do you ??

almost same question ??

differant answers ???

:D :D :D

zorra_chiflada
08-16-2005, 02:30 AM
people who dye their hair blond :o

i don't get it why do you ??

almost same question ??

differant answers ???

:D :D :D

blonde hair hides your bad features and accentuates your good features, and softens them. dark hair hides nothing - it makes your features look very sharp.
that's why blondes are seen as more attractive. they're actually not

Medellia
08-16-2005, 02:31 AM
Heh. Well I can't speak for all bottled blondes, but I dye mine that color because I'm quite pale and I look less deathly as a blonde than as a brunette. :o

Medellia
08-16-2005, 02:33 AM
blonde hair hides your bad features and accentuates your good features, and softens them. dark hair hides nothing - it makes your features look very sharp.
Hmm, I never thought of it like that, although it is true. That's not why I did it though. At least, not consciously.

buddylee
08-16-2005, 02:57 AM
you'd look like paulie walnuts from the sopranos]

he's my fav , the only real mobster on the show.

I too want silver wings

Nuzzolese
08-16-2005, 07:55 AM

That can't be true for all skin tones. Dark hair looks better on some people, makes their skin look warmer and they look softer, if it looks more natural. I see a lot of girls get blonde highlights heavily and really....I don't know where I'm going with this.