PDA

View Full Version : right right now now (funky organic shit mix)

brmanuk
08-20-2005, 02:18 PM
hey y'alllll heres a mix i just finished (http://streamer.soundclick.com/speedY/05/06/freemp3/rockdave+rightrightnownowfunkyorganicshitmix.mp3) (right click and save as). comments would be nice, thanks

samples used-
bass riff = kid rock - killin brain cells
rough electronic guitar sounding thing = mob squad - mob squad
funky drums = james brown - funky drummer
big ass beats = free use sample
intro beats = same beat used on 'dropping names' at the start
other beats = same beat used on 'dropping names' at the end
funky guitar riffs = both free use samples
trumpet sound = dance to the drummers beat
siren = mantronix - king of beats
funky organ = kid rock - paid
short drum thing = same one used in 'shake your rump'
other funky guitar = same one used in 'shake your rump'

Wagyu
08-21-2005, 07:02 AM
cool, i like it..nice n funky. Vocals just a little higher in the mix. Sometimes it's like there's two bass lines goin on at the same time..take out a few things..leave in only what you need..it's sounds a bit too busy at times..but i dig the groove! cheers! WF

brmanuk
08-21-2005, 03:30 PM
cool, i like it..nice n funky. Vocals just a little higher in the mix. Sometimes it's like there's two bass lines goin on at the same time..take out a few things..leave in only what you need..it's sounds a bit too busy at times..but i dig the groove! cheers! WF

thanks for the comments, i know what you mean about it soundng too busy but i didnt really notice it untill you mentioned it so thanks for that (y) what do you mean "Vocals just a little higher in the mix" do you mean that the vocals should be higher, or that they are too high?

landos_dad
08-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Sounds funky in parts...the verses are great. But there is a organ and maybe a guitar part in there that could do with maybe being left out.. it's clashing or not in tune with other parts... this is heard on the intro and choruses.

The vocals could maybe do with being a touch higher. Tip: try and imagine a stage in your mind... out of all that is going on in the track/mix, which sounds like it is mostly in front? It usually should be the vocals that sit at the front of a stage. ;)

Apart from these little things... it is a funky little mix.