PDA

View Full Version : DC to Chicago

QueenAdrock
08-21-2005, 05:03 PM
So I'm taking a road trip this Friday to Chicago (Wicker Park), where I've never been. It's about 700 miles there, 700 miles back, so it's gonna be a pain in the ass. However, I'm going to drive all the way there on Friday, and next Monday I want to drive back halfway and sleep over somewhere, and drive the rest on Tuesday, but I have no idea what's the closest half-way point and I can't find out through Mapquest.

Jabumbo said I should make it out to Pittsburgh and stay with him, but I bet he smells like cheese. And I've got good deals on hotels through alumni associations, so I should take that.

Any suggestions?

DipDipDive
08-21-2005, 05:19 PM
I've made that drive before - stay over in Ohio. That's the most fucking tedious, boring part of the trip. You'll feel like killing yourself after about an hour driving through that state. Staying over there would probably be in your best interest and I'm pretty sure that would mark your halfway point anyways (if you're taking the same route that I take, that is).

QueenAdrock
08-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Yeah, they told me Cleveland, but I don't know the shady areas vs. the non-shady areas around there.

I'm looking at Brunswick, OH, which doesn't seem to be too ghetto...I hope. :o

Laver1969
08-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Stay in downtown Cleveland and go to the Winking Lizard. Downtown Cleveland is pretty nice. Head over for an Indians game or down to the Flats...although they aren't what they used to be.

beastiegirrl101
08-22-2005, 09:32 AM
You are in luck...I live in Wicker Park. PM me if you have any questions.