PDA

View Full Version : cut-scenes

beastieangel01
08-22-2005, 11:28 AM
this is a video game rant. So skip it if you must.

But DEAR GOD I HATE, I mean HATE games that don't allow you to exit cut-scenes. Especially when the cut-scenes can be up to 5 minutes and you are sitting there with drool hanging out of your mouth, falling asleep because you are wondering when you can get back to the freagin game and PLAY. :mad:

cosmo105
08-22-2005, 11:31 AM
i remember one game on DC that was all cinematics and only had about 5 real levels. you couldn't skip them, either. you had to sit there and watch stupid, trite dialogue after dialogue between characters you didn't care about to get to the bloodbath.

beastieangel01
08-22-2005, 11:33 AM
i remember one game on DC that was all cinematics and only had about 5 real levels. you couldn't skip them, either. you had to sit there and watch stupid, trite dialogue after dialogue between characters you didn't care about to get to the bloodbath.

grr yaknow? I had to flip the TV back to cable during one game just so I didn't have to watch the long ass cut-scenes on a game I was trying to play. I pulled out a book too and put it on mute.

Game Designers who do not allow the players to exit cut-scenes should be smacked hard on the back of the head. With a sledgehammer.

adam_f
08-22-2005, 11:41 AM
The Getaway 2 already sucked, but not being able to skip the damn cut scenes was enough for me to attempt to cut my wrists. Good lord, it sucked.

beastieangel01
Well, for RPGs they are usually vital. However, I think they should allow you to skip them after you have seen them once.

exactly. I understand why they would be necessary for certain games but jeez! If I played through it once already STOP showing them to me.

/cry

:p

cosmo105
now, in Shenmue, i actually was excited to get to the cinematics. they drove the story along and you really had to pay attention to them to know what to do next.

Tzar
08-22-2005, 11:45 AM
The Getaway 2 already sucked, but not being able to skip the damn cut scenes was enough for me to attempt to cut my wrists. Good lord, it sucked.
yeah! well i haven't played getaway 2 but oh man! getaway used to piss me off with this.

but then again.. there wasn't any real objective list in the game so you had to watch them to understand the mission.

cosmo105
08-22-2005, 11:46 AM
and if you get an imported one, you can transfer all your money from that memory card onto that game! buuut...i've heard you get jumped and lose all your money in the first day or something, so you have to buy all the lighters you can and then you can exchange those for money later.

i have it on xbox but i've never gotten around to playing more than a few minutes or so :o

cosmo105
08-22-2005, 11:50 AM
i was so bad at those games, they frustrated the hell out of me. i would go back and do the 80-man fight over and over again though...i was almost sad when the game was over. i really loved training sessions...those made me feel so freakin' tough.

cosmo105
08-22-2005, 11:54 AM
hahahaha :D ohh, badly translated English.

monkey
08-22-2005, 12:03 PM
With a sledgehammer.

damn you. i have the peter gabriel "sledgehammer" song in my head now. and an image of mario killing people with a sledgehammer. sledgehammer!

:mad:

beastieangel01
08-22-2005, 12:28 PM
damn you. i have the peter gabriel "sledgehammer" song in my head now. and an image of mario killing people with a sledgehammer. sledgehammer!

:mad:

:D

<nelsonvoice>haha!</nelsonvoice>

P of R
08-22-2005, 12:31 PM

But DEAR GOD I HATE, I mean HATE games that don't allow you to exit cut-scenes. Especially when the cut-scenes can be up to 5 minutes and you are sitting there with drool hanging out of your mouth, falling asleep because you are wondering when you can get back to the freagin game and PLAY. :mad:

Yes! Especially when you've already played through it once. :mad:

Chicka B
08-22-2005, 01:05 PM
I know it's retarded, I mean it's ok for the first time maybe but the reason why I buy the game is to play it you know what I'm sayin'!

Lex Diamonds
08-22-2005, 01:41 PM
I just looooooove GTA cut-scenes.

Original badass cut-scenes: the remake of Donkey Kong on the game boy back in '91. They showed mario chasing DK over rivers full of crocodiles and on top of trains and shit. :D (y)

BionicEye
08-22-2005, 03:49 PM
I would've never guessed BeastieAngel and Cosmo to be gamers. (!) (y)

The cut scenes in GTA Vice City are pretty dope tho.

beastieangel01
08-22-2005, 03:50 PM
I would've never guessed BeastieAngel and Cosmo to be gamers. (!) (y)

The cut scenes in GTA Vice City are pretty dope tho.

I'm majoring in games, yo.

But yeah I do like GTA V.C. cut-scenes.

Regardless of good cut-scenes or not, we should be able to exit out of them dang nabit.

BionicEye
08-22-2005, 03:51 PM
^^^
The one game that should make you sit through them allows you to exit them, wtf?~

CrankItUp!
08-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Conker's Bad Fur Day ( for Nintendo 64 ) is awesomely funny because of the cut scenes ! I fucking love that game and "welders bench" is the secret code that enables you to see ALL the cut scenes. Get an Nintendo 64 and this game alone - and you'll be amused for days ! Its just that damn good and I'm not a really major fan of video games. (y)

cosmo105
08-22-2005, 03:59 PM
that game was pretty stupid funny. steger has it and it's fun just watching him play it.

and yes, i'm a gamer to a degree. if my apartment was on fire, the first thing i'd grab (after my camera) would be my xbox :D

Audio.
08-22-2005, 06:04 PM

Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 is fucking annoying to exit scenes.

synch
08-22-2005, 06:39 PM
and yes, i'm a gamer to a degree. if my apartment was on fire, the first thing i'd grab (after my camera) would be my xbox :D
I can picture you standing on the curb, camera in one hand, xbox under your arm... then after a couple of minutes... "SHIT! STEGER!".

I have shenmue 1 and 2 on dreamcast. My copy of 1 has hardly been touched and my copy of 2 is still wrapped in plastic :o