PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts

TonsOfFun
08-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Does anyone do martial arts? If so, which ones and what grade?

I've just started Tae Kwon Do the last couple of weeks - I'm a white belt obviously.

I started it because my littlest sis is a blue belt and my other lil sis but not as young as my littlest sis is a two grades down at a green belt and my mum is a green belt. I know a couple of black belts and said I would so I eventually had to after a year of them asking me and me saying I would. But I really enjoy it. I've always enjoyed messing around with knives and swords now I have something to compliment it...

'bout you?

miss soul fire
08-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Not yet. But I'm crazy about them. Sometime soon I wanna start doing one, but I'm not sure which one is the best for me. I would like to know how all of them are, which one would be the best for me.

congrats on your white belt! :)

Knuckles
08-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Not yet. But I'm crazy about them. Sometime soon I wanna start doing one, but I'm not sure which one is the best for me.

this is the one for you msf (http://bjj.org/)

miss soul fire
08-27-2005, 09:43 AM
this is the one for you msf (http://bjj.org/)
I would say thank you, but you have no idea how jiu-jitsu is famous for in my country!:D

Stupid rich boys with wierd bodies, violent attitudes, running with their pit-bull without a leash!!!! That's right, baby!!! Look at the character (http://www.brazilian-jiu-jitsu-videos.com/images/carvalho.gif)!!!

You don't want me to get involved with them, do ya?:o

I'm more like ya ya ya, Kung fu biatch! Hihihi!

Mr_Complex
08-27-2005, 09:45 AM
I used to practice Karate.

I started in 1997 and gave it up in 2002. I managed to get to black belt.

Dr Deaf
08-27-2005, 01:20 PM
i always wanted to practice some form of martial arts semi-professionally, but it never happened. i was interested in jeet kune do or straight up kung-fu.

i took a week long karate course for some special gym class and was whooping madd ass in the ring. the sensei asked me where i trained at. :cool: i told him i had just watched a lot of movies.

all i learned in that week was: if it's hard hit it with something soft and if it's soft hit it with something hard. why punch someone in the face (hard) when one blow to the throat is sufficient to cripple your opponent / attacker? 'zactly. common sense wins again.

kung-fu movies are the shit. i'm still waiting on my wu-tang presents: volumes 1-5 and it's been 4 fucking weeks.

jabumbo
08-27-2005, 01:25 PM
i took tae kwon do for about 4 years through this free program that is run in various church basements and fire halls. i got to red belt before i had to stop because of time conflicts with school.

i still want to go back once i have the time and get my black belt.

adam_f
08-27-2005, 01:26 PM
And you have the nerve to make fun of Chuck Norris.

jabumbo
08-27-2005, 01:33 PM
fuck chuck norris and his shitty infomercials

adam_f
08-27-2005, 01:35 PM
I have a feeling that Chuck Norris is the wallpaper on your computer and you just won't admit it.

yeahwho
08-27-2005, 01:40 PM
I am disciplined in the ancient art of Moo Goo Gai Pan and Bamboo Chop Sticks.

buddylee
08-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Does anyone do martial arts? If so, which ones and what grade?

I've just started Tae Kwon Do the last couple of weeks - I'm a white belt obviously

I studied at west Coast Tae Kwon Do, back in the 80'
Earnie Rayes was one of the Owners I met he kid Earnie Rayes Jr
I got a few belts and stripes . anyone who studies for 5 years and gets a black belt was ripped off. If I rember right you have to teach for a year before getting from red to black. and the black belt test was 24 hour long.

jabumbo
08-27-2005, 02:59 PM
I studied at west Coast Tae Kwon Do, back in the 80'
Earnie Rayes was one of the Owners I met he kid Earnie Rayes Jr
I got a few belts and stripes . anyone who studies for 5 years and gets a black belt was ripped off. If I rember right you have to teach for a year before getting from red to black. and the black belt test was 24 hour long.

in the class i was in, we only met once a week, and so we tested up every 6 months. then, once you got to your red belt with black stripe, you had to wait at least a year, and testing for black belt was done at a special summer camp they held and it was run by the guy who started the system back when. i thoiught the idea was cool at least. plus, it was all free

voltanapricot
08-27-2005, 03:02 PM
One of my best friends is 2nd Dan in Aikido. People like that have super fast and violent reflexes, which i learnt the hard way. :(

I used to do Tae Kwon Do when I was about six/seven years old. Almost a green [I think].

jabumbo
08-27-2005, 03:07 PM
One of my best friends is 2nd Dan in Aikido. People like that have super fast and violent reflexes, which i learnt the hard way. :(

I used to do Tae Kwon Do when I was about six/seven years old. Almost a green [I think].

we did aikido a little in the system i was in. we learned most of the basic techniques, and i still use one of them a lot when people don't know how to control their hands