PDA

View Full Version : If you could...

SobaViolence
08-28-2005, 08:29 PM
chose to live in one or two different countries, where would you reside?

me, i've always wanted to go to Lebanon and Nicaragua. I dunno, but those 2 always stood out...

please, let's not get all cliche and say australia or western europe...

HEIRESS
08-28-2005, 08:31 PM
canada andddddddddd canada

Documad
08-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I'd like to visit a lot of places, but not live there. Like Russia. Iceland. Japan. China. Turkey.

I'd like to live somewhere isolated but not hot for a year or so. A cabin in the woods anywhere would be fine.
I could live at the south pole for a year except it seems like there are a lot of people living in dorms there.

enree erzweglle
08-28-2005, 08:40 PM
I don't much mind where I live as long as I can afford it and the winters
aren't horribly cold and icy for too long.

I'd absolutely love to have a small cabin in the woods or in the mountains,
somewhere close to where I live normally and have that cabin be my
very own to get to (but not live in all year long).

Tzar
08-28-2005, 09:10 PM
i can't imagine living anywhere else. it'd have to be an english speaking country; i'm hopeless with foreign languages. i could live in england because.....i dunno. all aussies/poms/kiwis are have some weird understanding of each other.

but australia is fine for me. the weather's great. (y)

zorra_chiflada
08-28-2005, 09:13 PM
i can't imagine living anywhere else. it'd have to be an english speaking country; i'm hopeless with foreign languages. i could live in england because.....i dunno. all aussies/poms/kiwis are have some weird understanding of each other.

but australia is fine for me. the weather's great. (y)

i was thinking the same thing. as much as i'd love to visit other countries, i really don't think i could actually live anywhere else.

Rancid_Beasties
08-28-2005, 09:15 PM
I wouldnt mind living in the Netherlands, Germany, New Zealand or Canada.

DroppinScience
08-28-2005, 09:47 PM
My picks would be...

U.S.A., France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Brazil or Argentina.

And no, I won't choose just two...

ToucanSpam
08-28-2005, 09:48 PM
canada andddddddddd canada
Those are my pics too.

One thing I know about the rest of my life
I know that I'll be living in Caaaaaaaaanada :D

marsdaddy
08-28-2005, 09:49 PM
please, let's not get all cliche and say australia or western europe...:confused: It's cliche because most people live there already?

My first choice is where I live now, but choosing two other places, I might want to live in France and Mexico. I'd have to be rich, though.

ms.peachy
08-29-2005, 04:33 AM
I already do live in one or two different countries.

mp-seventythree
08-29-2005, 04:38 AM
US or New Zealand (or Thailand)

bussolai
08-29-2005, 04:50 AM
My picks would be...

U.S.A., France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Brazil or Argentina.

And no, I won't choose just two...
italy? why italy?!?!
you dont know what you're saying...

I lived in belgium for a while and that's the place I like the most now..

mp-seventythree
08-29-2005, 04:56 AM
What's wrong with Italy?

bussolai
08-29-2005, 05:00 AM
I live there..

mp-seventythree
08-29-2005, 05:10 AM
What's so bad about it? And what part of Italy do you live in?

b-grrrlie
08-29-2005, 05:25 AM
I've lived in three different countries and I always move back to Stockholm. I like this town so much, it has everything, both the busy city life and the mellow countrysidessnesssss, and also the marine life.
I have always dreamed of having a place in San Francisco or New Zealand tho. And Spain has always been my favourite. I could live in Holland for a while as well... I've always wanted to learn the language, but there was no courses at any evening school this autumn.

enree erzweglle
08-29-2005, 05:41 AM
I've had friends who travelled all over that country for short (<a month) and long (1-4 month) visits and they loved it. Maybe it's harder to live in Italy than it is to just visit it.

Rancid_Beasties
08-29-2005, 05:52 AM
:confused: It's cliche because most people live there already?

This made me think, for a country of 20 million, we have a disproportionately high number of active members on here. I mean canada has 33 million, and they would have less than us, America has 296 million and they have about the same as us. Britain has 60 million and they probably have about the same. Don't even get me started on India and China :D

Then again maybe I'm basing this on the fact that I'm only on when all the Aussies are on too :p

zorra_chiflada
08-29-2005, 06:55 AM
This made me think, for a country of 20 million, we have a disproportionately high number of active members on here. I mean canada has 33 million, and they would have less than us, America has 296 million and they have about the same as us. Britain has 60 million and they probably have about the same. Don't even get me started on India and China :D

Then again maybe I'm basing this on the fact that I'm only on when all the Aussies are on too :p

i think there's about the same number of canadians as there are australians.
maybe we should do a survey.
or not.

also, there's a pretty huge beastie boys fan base in australia.

Rancid_Beasties
08-29-2005, 07:04 AM
or not.

Toucan, Heiress, Droppin, Lindsey, Mickill, Paulb...thats all I think.

to

Zorra, Pres, Icy, Tzar, Me, KidP, Scotty, tracky, Mcmac, hellojello (well not anymore) and Hitmonlee

Calimero jr.
08-29-2005, 07:09 AM
Finland or Slovenia (y)

CJM
08-29-2005, 07:12 AM
One thing I know about the rest of my life
I know that I'll be living in Caaaaaaaaanada :D
word.

ToucanSpam
08-29-2005, 08:00 AM
I've lived in three different countries and I always move back to Stockholm.

You could almost say you have....Stockholm Syndrome! :D :D

b-grrrlie
08-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Toucan, Heiress, Droppin, Lindsey, Mickill, Paulb...thats all I think.

to

Zorra, Pres, Icy, Tzar, Me, KidP, Scotty, tracky, Mcmac, hellojello (well not anymore) and Hitmonlee
You forgot Minton.....

What about Sweden then? P of R, TPK, me, Alexandra, Johanna (except they don't post anymore....), then there's cam and Andersm but they don't post on Beastie-free.... Well actually that didn't mount up to much..... We could call TAL half tho.

ToucanSpam
08-29-2005, 08:05 AM
That list forgot CJM and Hellofasandwich.

scotty
08-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Ireland and India.

But I'll Still Call Australia H-o-o-o-me.

Tone Capone
08-29-2005, 08:26 AM
Germany and Thailand (y)

minton
08-29-2005, 09:18 AM
or not.

Interestingly last time I checked the second or third largest number of unique visitors to BeastieBoys.com was from Australia.

That's pretty amazing on a percentage basis when you take into consideration the population of each country we have visitors from.

beastieangel01
08-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Spain

or somewhere in the tropics where I just work a small general store, and make enough to have a simple hut on the beach and waste my hours away swimming, drinking, and napping :p

Tzar
08-29-2005, 09:24 AM
\m/

we keep it real, straight up, bitch!

bussolai
08-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Maybe it's harder to live in Italy than it is to just visit it.
that's the point!

tpk
08-29-2005, 11:54 AM
plus italy from a political view is pretty messed up if you ask me. i like the language though.

voltanapricot
08-29-2005, 03:27 PM
US or New Zealand (or Thailand)
NZ and Thailand for me too. I'll throw Australia and Co. Kilkenny in Ireland in there too, like Tzar said, us Poms have got something with those guys!

I'm hoping to live out in Thailand late '06 or '07 for a few months. :)

hardnox71
08-29-2005, 03:37 PM
I could easily move to some small, quiet little town in either the English countryside or somewhere in Ireland. Somewhere where the grass is always green and the air is always clean and clear and there are always kind words and warm smiles when you walk through the door of the local pub.

I know it sounds really fucking corny but I watch alot of BBC America and I really dig it.

voltanapricot
08-29-2005, 03:43 PM
For Hardnox. (http://www.cv81pl.freeserve.co.uk/berkswell.htm)

Might I also add that that blue/grey shop has not changed it's colour in years and the village is fucking great and I love it muchly? (http://www.morrisseyfamilyhistory.com/introduction.html)

hardnox71
08-29-2005, 03:46 PM
For Hardnox. (http://www.cv81pl.freeserve.co.uk/berkswell.htm)
I could so fucking live here. In a heartbeat. This is exactly what I was talking about. Exactly.

When you live in a city like Chicago it's kinda hard to believe that places like this really exist. It's like a spot of peace and tranquility amidst a world of chaos and confusion.

Thanks for the site, voltane.

voltanapricot
08-29-2005, 03:48 PM
It's closer to what the BBC wants you to think of England, and it's all real. :)

Happy day dreaming.

hardnox71
08-29-2005, 03:55 PM
It's closer to what the BBC wants you to think of England, and it's all real. :)

Happy day dreaming.
Well, I'm sure that not everything I see on BBC is manufactured. I'm sure that the real England is not too far off the mark from what I see on BBC. It looks like wonderful place and I would love to get over there before my time.

I used to watch a show over here called The Vicar of Dibley when I was younger. It came on PBS (Public Broadcasting Station) and that's when I first became facinated with the whole 'small, quite countryside village' thing and I haven't been able to shake it since.

DroppinScience
08-29-2005, 04:14 PM
plus italy from a political view is pretty messed up if you ask me. i like the language though.

I just wanna hit on Monica Bellucci! Is that so hard to ask? :p

zippo
08-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Lebanon and Nicaragua.

why Nicaragua? what do you like about it?

today, id choose england or new york. oops i cliched your thread.

Rancid_Beasties
08-29-2005, 05:29 PM
That list forgot CJM and Hellofasandwich.
Ohh now come on...hellofasandwich may be droppin's brother but hes hardly a regular poster. CJM has 73 posts...i mean...okay lets add laurie hammy and all those australian people who've posted like 100 times :p

I think Australians have too much time on their hands/are too good at procrastinating.

p-branez
08-29-2005, 05:43 PM
spain. becuase of the culture and my tiny knowledge of the language.

honduras. rainforests and lakes.

then:
russia
greece