PDA

View Full Version : Fat actress!

miss soul fire
08-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Has anyone seen it yet?

I know it's lame, but I can't wait to watch it. Here it starts only in September.

Kirstey Alley actually got fat for that show or is it another one of these Hollywood fakeness?? :p

Lindsey_1535
08-29-2005, 10:29 AM
She was fat before.

TurdBerglar
08-29-2005, 10:30 AM
she's been fat for quite a while

miss soul fire
08-29-2005, 10:31 AM
That's why she has started this show?? Like "Oh, since I'm fat now I'm gonna take advantage of it!"

Lindsey_1535
08-29-2005, 10:32 AM
pretty much.

enree erzweglle
08-29-2005, 10:38 AM
And she was in good shape (http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/102225.jpg) for a long time. I think she's still pretty now (face-wise) but I always wonder what happens when people let the rest go like that.

beastieangel01
08-29-2005, 10:40 AM
I always wonder why too.

I mean, I'm not huge by any means. But even letting go and not exercising or eating good foods for a week I feel like crap. And when I got sick and was told not to exercise until I was better (which lasted a month) I felt EXTRA awful. Not just physically, but mentally too.

:/

enree erzweglle
08-29-2005, 10:56 AM
A friend of mine went the way of Kirstie Alley. For most of the time that I've known her, she's been in reasonable shape. It all went downhill several years ago.

She's now in her early 50s and is probably 70# overweight.

She saw a photo of herself recently and it shocked her into going into serious weight-loss/exercise mode. She found, though, that the only way she could lose weight was to restrict her calories to 800-900/day. She exercises for 50 minutes/day at her target heartrate.

Her doctor approved that eating plan (!). The doctor said that this should be a testament to her to not put weight on again because it'll get even harder for her to lose it in later in her 50s and throughout her 60s.

Personally, I think she needs to exercise for 90 minutes a day and eat more than 800-900 calories. They say that 60-70 minutes a day is for people who are trying to maintain their weight. I do 60-70/day and bump up to 90 minutes/day once or twice a week just for the endurance and aerobic training but on those days, I offset that with more calories. I do weight training too; my friend doesn't (she needs to).

I think her doctor is insane. 800-900 calories is not enough. I don't care how much you've got to lose.

cosmo105
08-29-2005, 11:02 AM
800-900 calories?! that's insane! the bare minimum would be around 1200. i'd probably suggest 1500, and making sure those are healthy calories. jesus.

miss soul fire
08-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Definitely not enough. Too low. Changing eating habits is quite hard, but we've got give a try. I've been trying to do that my whole life and I'm getting better and better each day.

My cousin takes pills to lose weight (prescribed form a psychiatrist - pills for anxiety I believe). I've taken those 2 years ago and I know how it goes. She's been in the honey-moon part when you lose lots of weight and feel great about yoursef because you no longer have the urge to eat. It's like you have a skinny mind now! Wow, magic! That's gonna change soon I'm afraid. I feel sorry for her because whenever she eats something it's like a little piece of chocolate pizza. She's not worried at all to eat well. That's quite sad.

enree erzweglle
08-29-2005, 11:14 AM
I know people who are on medicines that affect their weight (thyroid drugs) and a few of them fudge their doses so that when they have bloodwork drawn, the results will be skewed and they'll get a prescripton for a higher dose. They use that higher dose for weight loss. :eek:

Yes, 800-900 is way too low. I've always heard that calories should never dip below 1200 and if you're exercising hard, you need to factor that in and increase intake. My friend will start to wise up once her hair starts falling out or her skin goes off.

By the way, I saw a story this morning about steroid use and how it's affecting kids in Little League...how kids there are starting to use them in record numbers. In the story, they interviewed this guy from the majors who has a son and who has been talking to his son about steroid use ever since his kid was a toddler. He said that he'd say things like, "Steroids are bad. That guy over there is on steroids." And he said that for the longest time, the kid would say to him, "Dad, is that guy on asteroids?" :D :D

Elusive
08-29-2005, 01:07 PM
that lady always kind of scared me for some reason.
like... what if you woke up and she was cooking you breakfast....
aaahhh!!!
and I don't mean b/c she is fat, I mean because she has a scary voice.
and a scary demeanour. or however you spell that.

I walk at least 3 miles a day usually,
but only b/c I don't have a car and my bike is broken.

but I smoke... way too much, and don't always eat healthy.
I hopefully I won't keep on being so careless, and
change a bit before I run into problems.
blah, blah, blah....