PDA

View Full Version : My new job has totally changed my sleeping patterns!

ScarySquirrel
08-29-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm already like some forty year old dude now. I had to be at work at 7AM for a whole week straight and now I always get tired around 10PM. If I'm not in bed by midnight, I'm probably drunk but I'm still running down like a retarded version of the Energizer bunny.

I've never had my sleeping patterns changed so drastically so quickly. This is some weird stuff. Scheduling my classes all later in the day sure didn't pay off now since I wake up right around 6AM... at this rate, I could be done with my classes by noon if I really wanted to! Damn it all. Such is the nature of the beast.

This whole thing totally is going to ruin my whole college kid thing I had going for me though. What kind of college kid normally goes to bed around 10PM? I'm some sort of freak of nature now! No more parties, no more late night movies, no more bar trips... this is nuts.

Alright, I'm going to bed. G'night.

TurdBerglar
08-29-2005, 09:12 PM
am i the only one that ever takes classes at 8 in the morning?

GetYourWarOn
08-29-2005, 09:12 PM
it could be worse

ScarySquirrel
08-30-2005, 08:21 AM
am i the only one that ever takes classes at 8 in the morning?
I don't know... but if there are actually other students in your class I would probably guess that you're not.

tulla
08-30-2005, 08:23 AM
man, i'm really not looking forward to school

enree erzweglle
08-30-2005, 08:29 AM
I'm already like some forty year old dude now. I had to be at work at 7AM for a whole week straight and now I always get tired around 10PM. If I'm not in bed by midnight, I'm probably drunk but I'm still running down like a retarded version of the Energizer bunny.
You just described my 41-year-old life. :eek: I wake up at 4:30a, am in bed by 9:30p, and am asleep by ~10:15p. I could stay up until 1a or 2a, but I'd have a foggy headachey feeling the next afternoon.

This is the only schedule that I can keep that affords me the time I need to exercise (uninterrupted) and also see friends over dinner.

ToucanSpam
08-30-2005, 08:53 AM
You just described my 41-year-old life.

What? I thought you were 30?

:D

enree erzweglle
08-30-2005, 09:02 AM
What? I thought you were 30?

:D
And if I ever forget, I have you there calling me oldhead to remind me.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I never thought about age and numbers until I came to these boards. I don't feel my age either.

beastieangel01
08-30-2005, 09:30 AM
I don't think I ever had the college kid life. I've had to be up by 6am during the week since I can remember. Sometimes earlier than that, and sometimes I hit snooze a few times but I am always up by 7am.

I always get tired by 10pm. Even on the weekends.

You get used to it, even if you don't like it :p

paul jones
08-30-2005, 09:39 AM

I've never had my sleeping patterns changed so drastically so quickly. This is some weird stuff. Scheduling my classes all later in the day sure didn't pay off now since I wake up right around 6AM... at this rate, I could be done with my classes by noon if I really wanted to! Damn it all. Such is the nature of the beast.

This whole thing totally is going to ruin my whole college kid thing I had going for me though. What kind of college kid normally goes to bed around 10PM? I'm some sort of freak of nature now! No more parties, no more late night movies, no more bar trips... this is nuts.

Alright, I'm going to bed. G'night.

yeah I do 6 a.m. - 2.30 p.m./2 p.m.- 10 :30 p.m. alternateley at the current time and it SUCKS BIG SHEEP PUSSY COK!
:cool: (n)

TonsOfFun
08-30-2005, 10:39 AM
My new schedule is sleep when I like and work when I like. So sometimes I'm working until 5am and sometimes just for two hours in the morning to finish at midday. I feel about 20 years younger, I'm only 25 but I did feel 45 when I had a job.

Working'll make you feel old for sure!