PDA

View Full Version : i just saw march of the penguins

Extra Cheese
08-29-2005, 09:22 PM
i saw the french version. I was just expecting to see cute little penguins but this movie has some tough scenes to watch. baby penguins freezing to death, seals and eagles coming after these poor penguins. It was a nice movie, winged migration was better

GetYourWarOn
08-29-2005, 09:26 PM
i saw the french version. I was just expecting to see cute little penguins but this movie has some tough scenes to watch. baby penguins freezing to death, seals and eagles coming after these poor penguins. It was a nice movie, winged migration was better

i loved winged migration.

cosmo105
08-29-2005, 10:10 PM
winged migration was better dramatically, but nothing compares to emperor pengie chickies.

i might see it again this weekend. i loved it.

DandyFop
08-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Yeah it was good. I wanted to know a little bit more information though, scientifically I guess? I don't know...just a little bit more about maybe how they recognize the parents voice or something. Anyway, I thought that it was a little light on the dying, not that I want to see them die.

enree erzweglle
08-30-2005, 05:43 AM
I enjoyed Winged Migration more than March of the Penguins. That could be, though, because I caught Winged Migration before hearing the hype about it so it might have taken me by surprise.

I didn't particularly LOVE the penguins movie as I was watching it and right after I saw it. But I came to like it a bit more over the following days.

When I saw it, the theater was about 1/4 little kids and 1/2 senior citizens.
The kids seemed to be rapt with attention; the seniors mostly were asleep. :)

I think I posted about this in another thread, but after my showing was done, everyone was leaving the theater in single-file through the main aisle and someone at the front started waddling and others followed suite.

And also, I think I may have enjoyed the making-of footage that ran on top of the credits more than the actual movie.