PDA

View Full Version : 4 gross things in order of importance

Sarky Devotchka
08-30-2005, 12:00 PM
grossest thing:
I touched a spider coccoon thing that was on a plastic bag in our storage area. Nothing moved, so I looked at it really close and thought maybe it was filled with baby spiders. Cort said "spray it!", so I sprayed it with bug spray and the web melted and it started wriggling around and I started screaming, "THERE'S A SPIDER BEING BORN! THERE'S A SPIDER BEING BORN!" and this huge blood red spider emerged and ran off into the dark. the thing was fucking red! I ran out the door and almost had a panic attack.

really gross thing:
earlier today I saw some dog poop with a swarm of pulsating iridescent green flies completely covering it.

pretty gross thing:
right after the dog poop, I saw this homeless dude by the dumpster behind burger king drinking the last few sips of several bottles of miller lite that someone had left there. hey, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

cute gross thing:
I was at a bar last night and these hipster kids had a little mouse that they were letting crawl all over them. it was white with black spots and very tiny. I told Cort, "I have to say 'hello' to that mouse", so I went over and tapped a girl on the shoulder and said, "I need to see this mouse" and I held it for awhile and we fell in love.

beastieangel01
08-30-2005, 12:08 PM
that spider scenario is something out of a horror movie.

Be sure to keep your mouth closed while sleeping and stuff cotton in your ears.

abcdefz
08-30-2005, 12:28 PM
pretty gross thing:
right after the dog poop, I saw this homeless dude by the dumpster behind burger king drinking the last few sips of several bottles of miller lite that someone had left there. hey, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

This reminds me:

Sunday I was sitting in a Starbucks in downtown Sane Jorge and and a homeless guy (I assume he was homeless) came along and snagged a Starbucks plastic cup someone had left outside. Remnants of a Frappé or something.

So he drinks that down, and I'm thinking, "That's gross -- I should buy him his own coffee or something" and then I freeze in horror as he dips into the trash bin and pulls out another cup of something... dumps the remains into his plastic cup, then gets another cup of something... dumps the remains, etc.

He keeps finding leftover coffee drinks and dumping them into his clear cup -- so I can see these drinks he's making from leftovers and then swigging down... it was so disgusting I couldn't force myself off the stool to go offer him a coffee of his own. I was mainly trying not to gag.

Then he loped off across the street against the traffic light. He looked happy enough.

Ack.

Sarky Devotchka
08-30-2005, 12:30 PM
exactly! I'm actually traumatized from it. I'm always itchy and constantly looking around for bugs. the reason I freaked out so much was because I was poking it figuring it was nothing. at least it wasn't a thousand baby spiders that exploded out and burrowed into my face.

Qdrop
08-30-2005, 12:32 PM
This reminds me:

Sunday I was sitting in a Starbucks in downtown Sane Jorge and and a homeless guy (I assume he was homeless) came along and snagged a Starbucks plastic cup someone had left outside. Remnants of a Frappé or something.

So he drinks that down, and I'm thinking, "That's gross -- I should buy him his own coffee or something" and then I freeze in horror as he dips into the trash bin and pulls out another cup of something... dumps the remains into his plastic cup, then gets another cup of something... dumps the remains, etc.

He keeps finding leftover coffee drinks and dumping them into his clear cup -- so I can see these drinks he's making from leftovers and then swigging down... it was so disgusting I couldn't force myself off the stool to go offer him a coffee of his own. I was mainly trying not to gag.

Then he loped off across the street against the traffic light. He looked happy enough.

Ack.

why would you buy him a cup of coffee?
what would that do for him? show him that if he acts gross and pathetic enough, someone will buy him shit?

just imagining that story made me gag.

avignon
08-30-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm probably three paychecks away from being homeless at any given moment.
Have you all ever wondered how close you are to that scenario? Do you realize that he may have a mental illness? Do you think that all homeless people are just acting pathetic to get a free ride?

abcdefz
08-30-2005, 12:33 PM
what would that do for him? show him that if he acts gross and pathetic enough, someone will buy him shit?

just imagining that story made me gag.

I pity the day when you need pity, dude.

Qdrop
08-30-2005, 12:37 PM
I pity the day when you need pity, dude.

you sound like mr. T.

Qdrop
08-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Do you realize that he may have a mental illness? he may. he may not.

Do you think that all homeless people are just acting pathetic to get a free ride? i mostly just think they are pathetic.

let's keep this thread on topic for sarky.

if you really want to talk about this, start a new thread...i'll jump on.

avignon
08-30-2005, 12:41 PM
I'll take a rain check. I haven't slept in almost 24 hours. And I need some Apple Jacks.

Qdrop
08-30-2005, 12:47 PM
And I need some Apple Jacks.

perhaps if you go outside and start eating them out of the garbage, someone will buy you some.

avignon
08-30-2005, 12:53 PM
Or maybe they could just beat me and rape me and go on about their happy crap lives and not give a shit about anyone who doesn't fit into their neat little realities.

wanton wench
08-30-2005, 01:00 PM
This reminds me:

Ack.

there use to be a guy that lived in town (i live in a real small town) that i would see all the time, when i first moved here, going through the garbage looking for food. he would find something and go off up the street. so i assumed he was homeless. people with jobs and houses dont go through the garbage for dinner. so i got my first job here and it was at a restaurant so one day i thought i would bring him some real dinner. so i ordered him some food and i walked up the street on my way home and saw him. i offered him the food and he would not take it. so i walked on and passed a garbage i was not hungry so i threw it out. i stopped a little way up the street to talk to some friends and looked back and there he was pulling the food i just offered him out of the garbage. wtf? was all i could think.

i later found out he was schizophrenic and everyone in town helped him out. not by giving him food or money. but by keeping him out of the streets and helping him get home when he was lost.

Qdrop
08-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Or maybe they could just beat me and rape me and go on about their happy crap lives and not give a shit about anyone who doesn't fit into their neat little realities.

yeah...i...i guess they could do that too...

avignon
08-30-2005, 01:06 PM
yeah...i...i guess they could do that too...
But I guess it would be a fair trade-off though if my acting pathetic got me a free meal every once in a while. Homelessness is pretty lucrative-that's why so many people are eating from garbage cans in view of God and everyone. Free Starbucks coffee! Woo-hoo!

Qdrop
08-30-2005, 01:09 PM
But I guess it would be a fair trade-off though if my acting pathetic got me a free meal every once in a while. Homelessness is pretty lucrative-that's why so many people are eating from garbage cans in view of God and everyone. Free Starbucks coffee! Woo-hoo!

oh, i get it!

you're making a point!

you're being sarcastic! i get it!

you subtley showing how they are all victims...and we should feel bad for them.

i see....

start a new thread or drop it.

talk about gross shit.

avignon
08-30-2005, 01:15 PM
oh, i get it!

you're making a point!

you're being sarcastic! i get it!

you subtley showing how they are all victims...and we should feel bad for them.

i see....

start a new thread or drop it.

talk about gross shit.
you are the one who keeps going on about the shit! :mad: I'm just eating my cereal. I think I'll go make a thread asking someone what their avatar is supposed to be. That is the cool thing to do. There are quite a few of them on the first page even!

Talk about something gross? Ok. Your mom! :mad:

Qdrop
08-30-2005, 01:24 PM
you are the one who keeps going on about the shit! :mad: I'm just eating my cereal. is it GROSS cereal?

I think I'll go make a thread asking someone what their avatar is supposed to be. that would be sooooo gay.

avignon
08-30-2005, 01:32 PM
There is a homeless guy on the box. Disgusting!

Qdrop
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM
There is a homeless guy on the box. Disgusting!

^ that was 5 star material.

miss soul fire
08-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Where I live, homeless people have no choice. Maybe there are shelters here, but I'm seriously not aware of them. Most of them were abandoned by their family and most of them seemed to have always been poor and never had any kind of education. No one would give them jobs or anything. It's pretty hard for a homeless person here to get out of the streets. The government and ourselves don't give a rat's ass about them. (n)

zippo
08-30-2005, 05:55 PM
pretty gross thing:

and somewhere else, youre being called a pathetic bitch
oh shit, look! your head just rolled off...meh....not much worth screwing it back on

and a-z, you surprised me (n)

Sarky Devotchka
08-30-2005, 11:35 PM
and somewhere else, youre being called a pathetic bitch
oh shit, look! your head just rolled off...meh....not much worth screwing it back on

and a-z, you surprised me (n)

wait, did you just call me a pathetic bitch? and then you cut my head off and insulted it?

I suppose you're offended by the whole, "it's five o'clock somewhere" thing? yes, I can see how that might be taken as offensive. I come from a long line of substance abusers and addicts on both sides of my family (fortunately I have managed to avoid addiction thus far), so maybe I just have a coping mechanism built up to take alcoholism more lightly, though it's a very serious condition.

also, I suppose having one of your earliest childhood memories be of your drunk father hitting you across the face with the back of a phone receiver meant for your mother and the police coming and shining a light in your eyes and asking all kinds of questions, makes you have a lot less sympathy for alcoholics. instead, it makes you a lot more angry and frustrated that people don't try to get help even though they know what they're doing is terrible.

but, you know, whatever, maybe the guy was crazy, or he lost his job and had no family or got caught in the cycle of addiction due to poverty as a result of lingering effects of slavery and racism closing off opportunities for the black man to succeed in american society?

even so, what he did was still gross.

Medellia
08-30-2005, 11:45 PM
What else should one do then? Give them money that they will likely spend on drugs or booze? If you actually buy them food, they'll eat. If you give them money, they probably won't.

And yes, most homeless people suffer from some form of mental illness. You looooove research so much, do a little.

zippo
08-31-2005, 10:17 PM
wait, did you just call me a pathetic bitch? and then you cut my head off and insulted it?

but, you know, whatever, maybe the guy was crazy, or he lost his job and had no family or got caught in the cycle of addiction due to poverty as a result of lingering effects of slavery and racism closing off opportunities for the black man to succeed in american society?

even so, what he did was still gross.

no, i didnt cut your head off, it rolled off from lack of use

and im not gonna answer explaining what it was that made me insult you because i think youre a smart enough girl to figure that out from what youve posted...twice. honestly, ive never understood the kind of verbal freedom you kind of people take.

TurdBerglar
09-01-2005, 01:07 AM
what the hell was so offensive?

buddylee
09-01-2005, 01:08 AM
4. Star jones
3. Sue johanson and her dinky digger
2. Rosie's finger infection
1. Oprah

TurdBerglar
09-01-2005, 01:09 AM
what?

Qdrop
09-01-2005, 07:32 AM
And yes, most homeless people suffer from some form of mental illness. You looooove research so much, do a little.

"most" huh?

hmm...show me the source of that stat...since YOU looooove research so much too.

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Where I live, homeless people have no choice. Maybe there are shelters here, but I'm seriously not aware of them. Most of them were abandoned by their family and most of them seemed to have always been poor and never had any kind of education. No one would give them jobs or anything. It's pretty hard for a homeless person here to get out of the streets. The government and ourselves don't give a rat's ass about them. (n)

It's hard enough for people who have homes, shitty ones at that, and have to look out for themselves or they will be homeless too. I have a question about Northeasterners. Is there a bad stereotype about them in the southern cities?

avignon
09-01-2005, 08:20 AM
It's hard enough for people who have homes, shitty ones at that, and have to look out for themselves or they will be homeless too. I have a question about Northeasterners. Is there a bad stereotype about them in the southern cities?
In what context? As in they have a bigger homeless problem or that they don't sympathize with homeless people? Or are you asking about MSF's country and not America?

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 08:21 AM
In what context? As in they have a bigger homeless problem or that they don't sympathize with homeless people? Or are you asking about MSF's country and not America?

Oh I'm sorry! I was asking about Brazil.

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Somewhat gross, but more annoying was today in my History of Science class, there were numerous amount of flies in the room. All over the place and they kept getting onto everyone. Gross and annoying.

It's too bad you all weren't lions. They seem to have a general apathy to flies, or at the very least a weary tolerance.

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah, lying around would be nice, but if I were a lion...I wouldn't be able to enjoy listening to John Lydon's Psycho's Path.

How do you know you wouldn't enjoy it if you heard it as a lion? I've never heard it.

Actually, I wonder if the Lion would even react to it - if it was played at a moderate volume that is. When I read about that Wild Child in France in the 1800s the man who adopted him - was it Rousseau? I forget - said that since the boy had never been spoken to directly by people, he didn't react to voices in the room but he reacted to sounds that meant something to him in his experience, like animal sounds and the wind in the trees.

Sarky Devotchka
09-06-2005, 01:08 AM
no, i didnt cut your head off, it rolled off from lack of use

and im not gonna answer explaining what it was that made me insult you because i think youre a smart enough girl to figure that out from what youve posted...twice. honestly, ive never understood the kind of verbal freedom you kind of people take.

"you kind of people"? sorry, I don't follow.

zippo
09-06-2005, 01:41 PM
"you kind of people"? sorry, I don't follow.

i dont know why we keep going with this, but, for the sake of understanding each other completely, ill answer.

"you kind of people" as in "i dont give a shit, ill say what i want about anyone" people. honestly though, cmon, you know where ive been coming from with what ive said to you since my first post. it doesnt matter if the dude was drinking beer, coffee or a banana, its just wrong to give yourself the verbal freedom to complain of a poor man in your presence because he disgusted you. (since you said it on a mb im guessing you´d say it in your real life also? i could be wrong though.) and even place the complaint in a list next to a spider i think it was? cmon sarky...im not speaking out of my ass here.

me sitting here explaining for the 3rd time why i think what you said was wrong isnt neccesary. but anyways, who the fuck am i? you can think what you want,do what you want and say what you want, you and i both live in a free country.

Sarky Devotchka
09-07-2005, 12:06 AM
I never said I was complaining about the guy. "a poor man", that's an interesting choice of words, like I'm rich or something and can't be bothered to witness such a disgrace.

I see homeless people every day of my life, I get asked for money at least three times a day, there's a man down the street that sits at a bus stop and howls incessantly, we have bars on all of our windows, at least half of all the people I know have been mugged and I've witnessed two muggings, I sometimes find human feces in the alley behind my work, a man dying of AIDS was secretly living in the basement underneath my workplace (the cops found his meds and left it out for him after they locked him out), and so on and so on.

I don't care if it was a gorgeous blonde model drinking leftover beers, it was still gross and I happened to witness it after I witnessed some other gross things. get off your high fucking horse, where do you live? and what do you do that makes you so much better than me?

Nuzzolese
09-07-2005, 07:17 AM
But, what's really awful, man, is you see a young brother with this cheap imitation electroplated gold crap around their necks. And, it breaks out in this funky green rash, with these bumps and shit; it just makes you wanna puke.

zippo
09-07-2005, 02:42 PM
I see homeless people every day of my life

then all the more reason you shouldnt have thought out/stated your initial complaint

I don't care if it was a gorgeous blonde model drinking leftover beers, it was still gross and I happened to witness it after I witnessed some other gross things.

right.

because gorgeous blonde models would do that. hey, cmon, homeless people are NOT the only ones that get weak in the knees when they spot food in the trash, theyre all "MMMM TRASH! fuck drinking from a new can IM HAVING ME SOME LEFTOVER BEER!" *licks dry and dirty, trembly lips*

get off your high fucking horse, where do you live? and what do you do that makes you so much better than me?

yes! saying what im saying is an excellent indication that i am, indeed, on a high horse.

...we should drop this already.

miss soul fire
09-07-2005, 03:01 PM
A few days ago I was at the metro and there was this man right next to me scratching his bollocks and he didn't even try to do it in a indiscret way, which makes me think he thought I was invisible! Guys tend to do this when they are next to me, like there's no one there or no one but another scratching bollocks' dude! I make a puke face to that and also move a little bit so the guy notices. :mad: (n) I know bollocks scratches, but haven't you guys learned how to deal with that already?! :p

zippo
09-07-2005, 03:12 PM
A few days ago I was at the metro and there was this man right next to me scratching his bollocks and he didn't even try to do it in a indiscret way, which makes me think he thought I was invisible! Guys tend to do this when they are next to me, like there's no one there or no one but another scratching bollocks' dude! I make a puke face to that and also move a little bit so the guy notices. :mad: (n) I know bollocks scratches, but haven't you guys learned how to deal with that already?! :p

my god yes

and i think its done so much down here in south america (NPI). its almost gotten to the point where we women just have to let it go, i dont they think they really care anymore.

enree erzweglle
09-07-2005, 03:24 PM
At my gym, there are rows of cardio machines with lower machines (bikes) in the front and the taller machines (ellipticals and stairmasters) behind them.

In front of the bikes is an aisle and then a row of treadmills.

In front of the treadmills is a long wall with a floor-to-ceiling mirror on it.

Scattered throughout the room are columns with mirrors attached to them.

All of this means that I can look anywhere and see anyone on any of the machines.

Maybe the guys at my gym are stupid and haven't realized that the mirrors afford everyone a view of everything. Maybe it's just too early for them. Maybe they know and don't care. <------

But at any given time, I can glance up into any mirror and get a view into some guy doing shifting, digging, or generalized groping. And I'm there on average of 2 hours a day. I see it all and I mean all.

The women don't do it. It's only the men. The women could do it--especially the ones who are running on the treadmill and who wear bras that are mis-sized. It's just the men who go to town like that. Maybe you have to have man parts to understand it. I don't so I don't.

abcdefz
09-07-2005, 03:30 PM
I hate seeing a guy doing that. Straight guys do it in front of other guys, too, and I think it's largely unselfconscious, but I couldn't say for sure. I try to be discreet when I make such adjustments in public. It's just pretty gross, to my mind.

enree erzweglle
09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
I hate seeing a guy doing that. Straight guys do it in front of other guys, too, and I think it's largely unselfconscious, but I couldn't say for sure. I try to be discreet when I make such adjustments in public. It's just pretty gross, to my mind.
Then in addition to the fact that I'm there, you would hate hate hate this gym. Because the stories I could tell about the weight room. The cardio room by comparison is heaven. :eek:

abcdefz
09-07-2005, 03:48 PM
in addition to the fact that I'm there

:confused:

Then in addition to the fact that I'm there, you would hate hate hate this gym. Because the stories I could tell about the weight room. The cardio room by comparison is heaven. :eek:

I don't like most public gyms, anyway. But, frankly, some men lifting weights -- some I say, but it's enough -- are just such assholes about it that it's unbearable. A lot of the stuff that guys do to "cue" others that they're being manly lifters actually indicate that they aren't doing it properly.

BionicEye
09-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Don't women adjust their bras alot at the gym? You try having a set of sweaty kak+balz swingin between yer yams when yer tryin to run. It can be quite not-so-fun.

enree erzweglle
09-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Don't women adjust their bras alot at the gym?
When I'm done on the cardio machines and before I start floor/weight work, I always always go into the bathroom to check that my shorts haven't gone somewhere else. A woman I know is >C cup and she goes into the bathroom to adjust herself--she gets herself down from her elliptical to do that.

This one guy--I used to think he had a really bad deformity and then I realized that he stuffs towels down his front and tucks a bottle of water into the back of his shorts. Ouch but no deformity. :D

miss soul fire
09-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Adjusting bras is totally different. Bras don't usually smell, you know. I mean, maybe if you're sweaty, but it's no comparison.

Adjusting panties = scratching balls though. :p

Monsieur Decuts
09-07-2005, 04:24 PM
I wonder if spraying your underoos with Pam would help cause when the balls stick to the thigh, that's just not fun and requires immediate intervention.

Sarky Devotchka
09-08-2005, 12:59 AM
then all the more reason you shouldnt have thought out/stated your initial complaint

right.

because gorgeous blonde models would do that. hey, cmon, homeless people are NOT the only ones that get weak in the knees when they spot food in the trash, theyre all "MMMM TRASH! fuck drinking from a new can IM HAVING ME SOME LEFTOVER BEER!" *licks dry and dirty, trembly lips*

yes! saying what im saying is an excellent indication that i am, indeed, on a high horse.

...we should drop this already.

politically correct bullshit. I said "high horse" meaning that you're acting self-righteous. you're not even answering anything I ask directly, you're just mocking me, which is a serious cop out. beer is not food. you want to make me feel bad for making a comment that implies that I'm better than that man, well, it's not going to happen. we're all organisms on this earth that survive one way or another.

zippo
09-08-2005, 02:52 PM
politically correct bullshit.

I said "high horse" meaning that you're acting self-righteous. you're not even answering anything I ask directly, you're just mocking me, which is a serious cop out. beer is not food.

you want to make me feel bad for making a comment that implies that I'm better than that man, well, it's not going to happen. we're all organisms on this earth that survive one way or another.

PC B? its not something that comes from outside reasons but from personal decision and tact. but thats my opinion.

i didnt answer your last questions cuz they didnt make sense and were sort of irrelevant to our discussion. and the mocking just came from thinking you were mocking me as well, especially with your "gorgeous blonde" comment.

my goal is certainly not trying to make you feel bad, but just letting you know what image people will get from you if you say shit like you did. and other than that, when people do say stuff like that, it basically hurts/angers me, which is why i spoke up. im not picking a fight here, im just speaking up on shit i dont agree with.

Sarky Devotchka
09-09-2005, 12:29 AM
PC B? its not something that comes from outside reasons but from personal decision and tact. but thats my opinion.

i didnt answer your last questions cuz they didnt make sense and were sort of irrelevant to our discussion. and the mocking just came from thinking you were mocking me as well, especially with your "gorgeous blonde" comment.

my goal is certainly not trying to make you feel bad, but just letting you know what image people will get from you if you say shit like you did. and other than that, when people do say stuff like that, it basically hurts/angers me, which is why i spoke up. im not picking a fight here, im just speaking up on shit i dont agree with.

alright then, I just don't like being villified when the comment I made contained no malice or judgement towards the person, only towards the act by said person.

and I'm not concerned with what image I may or may not portray. I'm insensitive, I know that I am, and I know why I became that way...and if it hurts your feelings, then sorry, I'm a self-centered arrogant bastard and I don't really care because when it comes down to brass tacks I'm made of good stuff and all the rest is just superfluous.

Anne Lauren
09-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Ok, my answer to the question would be:

1. People with nasty feet.
2. Eatting melted cheese over meat, specifically a cheese burger. The smell of the cheese and it's texture grosses me out. It reminds me of melted flesh or something. Sounds very strange and petty, but it's the honest to God truth.
3. Smelling other people's farts.
4. And, huh, I can't think of anything else that really grosses me out that much.

I could handle shit, things rotting, snakes, whatever...but, for some reason those things do it for me.