These one-a-month paydays are tricky.

As my buddy says, "There's a lot of month left over at the end of the money."

QueenAdrock
08-30-2005, 01:25 PM
My payday's on the 1st.

I need me some cash for tuition. :(

Trimm Trabb
08-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Whatcha mean the once-a-month paydays are tricky?
Do you normally get it weekly? Because over here it's always once a month.
And at the end of every month I always have money left.
But then again, I do still live at home and don't have to pay anything but my healthcare (55 euro's) and I never go out or buy a lot of clothes.
Basically, all my money is DVD/CD money.

TonsOfFun
08-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Most of the UK is monthly pay.

Daily pay should be the thing. If you don't work hard one day - no beer money, if you do work hard and need a drink, then you automatically have beer money.

abcdefz
08-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Whatcha mean the once-a-month paydays are tricky?
Do you normally get it weekly? Because over here it's always once a month.
And at the end of every month I always have money left.
But then again, I do still live at home and don't have to pay anything but my healthcare (55 euro's) and I never go out or buy a lot of clothes.
Basically, all my money is DVD/CD money.

I used to get paid every other week. I haven't had monthly paychecks since I was a wee lad living at home.

*ahem* :D

Most of the UK is monthly pay.

Daily pay should be the thing. If you don't work hard one day - no beer money, if you do work hard and need a drink, then you automatically have beer money.

...that's what being a waiter is for. On the one hand -- daily cash. CASH.

On the downside, when the rent was due, you had to be careful you hadn't partied it all away.

King PSYZ
08-30-2005, 01:33 PM
3 checks a month is the way to go for me (y)

Bob
08-30-2005, 01:34 PM
I used to get paid every other week. I haven't had monthly paychecks since I was a wee lad living at home.

*ahem* :D

...that's what being a waiter is for. On the one hand -- daily cash. CASH.

On the downside, when the rent was due, you had to be careful you hadn't partied it all away.

and on the other downside, you have wait tables, which is pretty unpleasant

abcdefz
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM

Not really. Plus, I was good at it. I made bucks, got good shoulders and gave waitresses drink room massages in the bargain. (y)

Trimm Trabb
08-30-2005, 01:39 PM

True, but on the upside, you get your wages PLUS tips.
I now actually miss that job a bit. If it wasn't for that bitch that gave me a nervous breakdown in my first week I couldve been loaded by now.
In that one week I got about 5 euro's a day tip, not much, but that's because I wasn't doing my job properly yet...

voltanapricot
08-30-2005, 01:39 PM
I have a months and a half's wages because my bank details hadn't gone through before payday at this new job. I'll be super pissed off if I've miscalculated my moola.

TonsOfFun
08-30-2005, 01:41 PM
Since I've been self employed, I have a cash flow that once has only ever me ended up not bein able to get any money out I wanted. So I'm kinda daily cash now but as a bill comes in I use the cash available so if a few bills come in at once then it's a pain. It's mainly tax I forget to account for cus that is every three months and seems to come round every other month.

Still, yes, daily cash is the way forward

enree erzweglle
08-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Where I work, it's a monthly paycheck too. Each December, though, they distribute December's paycheck before Christmas--usually around the 19th. Which makes the next paycheck ~6 weeks away.

abcdefz
08-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Where I work, it's a monthly paycheck too. Each December, though, they distribute December's paycheck before Christmas--usually around the 19th. Which makes the next paycheck ~6 weeks away.

ouch

abcdefz
08-30-2005, 02:30 PM
VERY COOL.

Even with my voluntary deductions taken out, etc., my direct deposit is about $250 more than I'd thought it would be. (y) (y) (y)

Drinks on meeeee!!!*

*Offer good at all participating Starbucks garbage cans. Void where prohibited.