PDA

View Full Version : Tzar's medical question thread #1

Tzar
08-31-2005, 01:16 AM
how do babies breathe in the womb? do they even breathe in there?
how do they breathe on their way out?

Kid Presentable
08-31-2005, 01:18 AM

Umbilicals, yo. It's almost, almost symbiotic.

:cool:

Tzar
08-31-2005, 01:21 AM
but i thought the umbilical cord only transferred food?
it transfers air too?! maybe that's why it's bad for pregnant mums to smoke. ahhhhhhhhh i get it now!

Medellia
08-31-2005, 01:22 AM
Hahahahaha, they don't teach you that in the Land of Oz? They teach us that in the muthafuggin Bible Belt. Course, they don't teach us how they are MADE, only a lucky few of us have parents willing to tell us that.

they don't breathe until they are born. Everything they need comes from the placenta.

EDIT-I believe that some things are transferred through the uterine wall as well.

Kid Presentable
08-31-2005, 01:22 AM
but i thought the umbilical cord only transferred food?
it transfers air too?! maybe that's why it's bad for pregnant mums to smoke. ahhhhhhhhh i get it now!

I was a baby, once.

Tzar
08-31-2005, 01:26 AM
Hahahahaha, they don't teach you that in the Land of Oz? They teach us that in the muthafuggin Bible Belt. Course, they don't teach us how they are MADE, only a lucky few of us have parents willing to tell us that.

they don't breathe until they are born. Everything they need comes from the placenta.

EDIT-I believe that some things are transferred through the uterine wall as well.

they do teach it but i chose not to. fuck that.
i figured the placenta had some importance too but... i was just curious about the whole breathing thing.

Kid Presentable
08-31-2005, 01:31 AM
they do teach it but i chose not to. fuck that.
i figured the placenta had some importance too but... i was just curious about the whole breathing thing.

Some expectant Mothers keep a snorkel handy, just in case.