PDA

View Full Version : Oh, life is a funny ol' thing...

ms.peachy
08-31-2005, 03:24 AM
Mr.peachy and I have been trying to get pregnant for the better part of a year now.

About a month ago, we decided to put that plan 'on hold' until after our trip to Japan, so that I could do stuff like drink loads of sake and eat a ton of raw fish and other such things that aren't really advisable when one is up the duff.

So for the past few weeks, we've started 'using precautions' again, and I've kind of let my some of healthier-living stuff slide a bit. Stopped taking the prenatal vitamins, allowed myself a few cigarettes a day, got pretty damn drunk once or twice, ingested the odd illegal substance or two at a friend's party a few weeks ago...

....so you know what's coming, right?

Yeah :cool:

Bright blue cross on that Clearblue Easy stick this morning.

:eek:

Knuckles
08-31-2005, 03:57 AM
Great News!!! :)

I remember the feeling I got when my wife showed me that little blue cross. (y)

Congrats to you both :D

TonsOfFun
08-31-2005, 04:03 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! (y)

Hope you have a good baby!

Tone Capone
08-31-2005, 04:09 AM
WHOA!
Congrats!!! (y) (y) (y)

ms.peachy
08-31-2005, 04:18 AM
Hope you have a good baby!
If we don't, I'm sure we can sell it to the gypsies.

(Did anybody else's mom ever threaten them with that?)

Rancid_Beasties
08-31-2005, 04:26 AM
Congrats! :)

So whats happening with the japanese trip now?

ms.peachy
08-31-2005, 04:33 AM
Congrats! :)

So whats happening with the japanese trip now?
Oh well we're still going, I wouldn't miss that! I mean it's early days so there's no reason for me not to travel. Just can't take my Valium for the flight I guess (I don't like flying much, so I usually take happy pills); I suppose I'll just have to cope. So no beer and sake, and I'll have to work out which sorts of sushi are 'safe' (I think it's like, the lower down the food chain the better in this case). But it will be fine. Just a bit more sober. :)

TonsOfFun
08-31-2005, 04:41 AM
it's great when someone finds out their pregnant. In my mates who do, they seem to glow for 8 months and are all happy and seem beautiful. Then in the last month, they just want the thing out of them. Still, all very precious.

Rancid_Beasties
08-31-2005, 04:49 AM
(I think it's like, the lower down the food chain the better in this case). But it will be fine. Just a bit more sober. :)
So what are we talking, plankton sushi? Phyto or Zoo? :D

TonsOfFun
08-31-2005, 04:53 AM
switch to veggie sushi. It's better, safe and doesn't kill any animals.

avignon
08-31-2005, 04:56 AM
Congratulations! Awwww a babeeeeeeeee

I wanna babeeeee.

ms.peachy
08-31-2005, 04:57 AM
I'm predicting many, many bowls of tofu noodle soup and those little onigiri rice roll things.

No morning sickness as yet; I really really hope I can be one of those women that has very minimal nausea.

Christ my tits hurt though.

TonsOfFun
08-31-2005, 05:01 AM
Christ my tits hurt though.

They'll be hardening up for when a baby is gnawing away at your nipples trying to get milk out.

Maybe. I have no clue on baby processes apart from the major stuff...

enree erzweglle
08-31-2005, 06:00 AM
baby.peachy :D :D :D Congratulations!!

scotty
08-31-2005, 06:16 AM
Two thumbs up for Mumma Peachy, Dadda Peachy and little embryonic Peachy. Sensational work.

Stay away from the raw fish and soft cheese like brie and camembert. If its cooked its all good. My wife had real trouble with the ban on raw fish and smoked salmon. Fuckin devours that shit now though.

skinnybutphat
08-31-2005, 06:16 AM
Congrats!
I threw my wife a surprise b-day party last year and we were out getting smashed, and I was talking shit to her because she didn't feel up for the 2nd bar. Little did we know it was her body protecting our baby.

ms.peachy
08-31-2005, 06:20 AM
cheers thanks. Oh the irony of the timing though, I tell you!

I'd been trying to keep the sneaking suspicion out of my mind, but once my period was over a week late, I kinda had to face it. So I figured I'd pick up a test and then if it was negative I could stop fretting. So I grabbed one yesterday at the drugstore and I was on my way to meet mr.peachy (whom I hadn't said anything to yet about my suspicions) because we were going to see Iggy and the Stooges (who were totally (y) (y) (y) ) and he wanted to go to the pub beforehand and I was like "Um, I'll just have a coke" and he was all like "Whaaaat?" cuz I almost never drink coke. So I told him what I thought and showed him the test thingie and that I was going to check it out in the morning. And he says "But not YET, we're going to JAPAN!"

I think he's still a little in shock.

JBernas
08-31-2005, 07:12 AM
If we don't, I'm sure we can sell it to the gypsies.

(Did anybody else's mom ever threaten them with that?)

I threaten my son with that :D .

You know the timing will NEVER be perfect. If you're waiting for that, you'll wait forever. I got pregnant completely on accident after being married on a couple of months. I have two friends though that tried for over a year as well....then the night that they just said "to hell with it" and went out and got smashed, BLAMO. They now have two kids.

Congrats!!!! (y)

Stupid
08-31-2005, 07:18 AM
Congrats to Mr Peachy and you. :D (y)

roosta
08-31-2005, 07:20 AM
excellenté!

congratulations!

TAL
08-31-2005, 07:24 AM
Yay!

I'm still getting the postcard (y)

enree erzweglle
08-31-2005, 07:24 AM
I have two friends though that tried for over a year as well....then the night that they just said "to hell with it" and went out and got smashed, BLAMO. They now have two kids.
Same thing happened to friends of mine. They had problems for a few years and I'd post all over the newsgroups for them because they didn't have access and were desperate for information. She was convinced that it was because she had really heavy periods. They tried everything and after they gave it all up is when she got pregnant. Then pregnant again a couple of years later.

And other friends went through that AND went to fertility clinics for 18 months, I think. She was older (in her late 30s). They finally gave up and that's when they had a baby then another then another maybe 10 months later. YIKES!

avignon
08-31-2005, 07:28 AM
My friends had their first baby when she was fourteen and he was thirteen. After college and years of marriage they started trying for their second. In the meantime they adopted a ten year old boy and then finally got pregnant as they were adopting a newborn baby boy. So they now have four kids, two of which are five months apart.

wanton wench
08-31-2005, 07:31 AM
congratulations! :D

Qdrop
08-31-2005, 07:47 AM
so i'm insanely jealous that you are having a kid....

but i am even more jealous that you are in Japan!

post pics of you trip....lots of them!....i want to go! maybe for my honey moon...

how much did it cost you?!

TAL
08-31-2005, 07:48 AM
Prepare to get even more jealous.

Nuzzolese
08-31-2005, 07:55 AM
Congratulations, Peachy! I'm so happy for you! Now the trip to Japan can be a celebration of your family. YOUR family! That's so cute to say. I'm sending you anti-morning sickness juju as best as I know how, which is mostly me staring unblinkingly at your user profile while fiercely concentrating on thinking about placid lakes and cloudless skies and healthy people jogging through sunny parks with butterflies, until my eyes burn and I have to close them, causing an eyegasm of tears to flood my ducts. I'm glad you got to have fun though, one last hurrah before conception.

ms.peachy
08-31-2005, 07:55 AM
Prepare to get even more jealous.
LOL I guess you must remember the story then.

Q, it's not costing us anything.

OK well that's kind of a lie, we will be spending money on accomodation, food, souveniers, etc.

But the airline tickets were free. Last year we were booked onto a flight from London to NY that had been oversold, and in exchange for giving up our seats and taking a flight the next day, Virgin gave us free round trip tickets to anywhere in the world they fly.

So, we're going to Japan. :cool:

Qdrop
08-31-2005, 07:56 AM
eyegasm

eww...nasty.

Nuzzolese
08-31-2005, 07:58 AM
eww...nasty.

You don't get those? It's when your eyes are stinging and you have to have to HAVE TO close them (this sucks when you're driving) and when you do close them it hurts but feels good and your eyes flood with tears.

Dr Deaf
08-31-2005, 08:00 AM
But the airline tickets were free. Last year we were booked onto a flight from London to NY that had been oversold, and in exchange for giving up our seats and taking a flight the next day, Virgin gave us free round trip tickets to anywhere in the world they fly.

So, we're going to Japan. :cool:

did they take care of your hotel accomodations during the layover?
are the tix F-class? lucky duck, have a blast on your trip and congrats on the wee one. (y)

ms.peachy
08-31-2005, 08:03 AM
did they take care of your hotel accomodations during the layover?
are the tix F-class? lucky duck, have a blast on your trip and congrats on the wee one. (y)
yeah, they put us up overnight in the airport Mariott and bought us dinner and breakfast. It was a win-win all around, really (y)

Not sure about the tix, I hadn't thought to look, I've been too busy trying to learn how to say things like "May I please have a bowl of tofu noodle soup?"

enree erzweglle
08-31-2005, 08:08 AM
You don't get those? It's when your eyes are stinging and you have to have to HAVE TO close them (this sucks when you're driving) and when you do close them it hurts but feels good and your eyes flood with tears.
I have never had that happen to me. eyegasm. :D

Dr Deaf
08-31-2005, 08:08 AM
yeah, they put us up overnight in the airport Mariott and bought us dinner and breakfast. It was a win-win all around, really (y)

Not sure about the tix, I hadn't thought to look, I've been too busy trying to learn how to say things like "May I please have a bowl of tofu noodle soup?"

haha! i have a feeling they are F-class, but even if they're not -- that's a great fare to get for free. (y)

Qdrop
08-31-2005, 08:13 AM

yeah. i get em.

just the phrase brings up nasty images of skullfuc-...never mind.

ms.peachy
08-31-2005, 08:18 AM
just the phrase brings up nasty images of skullfuc-...never mind.
Mind yourself, boy! There are unborn children present, you know!

paul jones
08-31-2005, 08:21 AM
are u preganant yet?

Nuzzolese
08-31-2005, 08:21 AM
How maternal of you! Keep that tyke in line!

beastieangel01
08-31-2005, 09:55 AM
congratulations :D!

things always happen when you don't plan em. That's for sure. Enjoy your trip and best wishes :D

Lindsey_1535
08-31-2005, 10:18 AM
Congrats Peachy family!!! :)

mickill
08-31-2005, 10:29 AM
Congratulations to you and the hubby, ms. peachy. This is awesome news.

Now remember, that wasn't me that made fun of you when you said that you and your husband were "trying to get pregnant" a year ago. That wasn't me. Just reminding you. Again.

cosmo105
08-31-2005, 10:31 AM
awesome! way to reproduce! i can recommend some great pregnancy teas and prenatal vitamins...i'd send them if you weren't so far away :o congrats though! i've heard that happens a lot with couples trying to get preggers. sometimes the stress of working so hard to get knocked up makes it difficult for it to happen, and when you relax a bit...baby! hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy :D

ms.peachy
08-31-2005, 10:32 AM
Now remember, that wasn't me that made fun of you when you said that you and your husband were "trying to get pregnant" a year ago. That wasn't me. Just reminding you. Again.
LOL yeah I know.

Nuzzolese
08-31-2005, 10:32 AM
Okay so, what's she gonna name it? I think Malachi if it's a boy and Devotchka if it's a girl. OR a good unisex name like Spider.

voltanapricot
08-31-2005, 10:34 AM
Congratulations peach!

Are you going to raise him/her in England or move back home?

DandyFop
08-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Congratulations! Awwww a babeeeeeeeee

I wanna babeeeee.

uhoh, synch she's baby-hungry! mehehe

ms. peachy I don't think anyone here doubts, at least from what you've shown us, that you are going to be a wonderful mommy

YAY SPERM AND OVARIES! YOU DID IT!

monkey
08-31-2005, 01:19 PM
that's fantastical news peachies! congratulations to you and mr. peachy and your reproductive organs!

can you keep us updated with a pic of your bump? i love seeing bumps. they're so naturally beautiful and awesome.
:o

awwww! and you should have the baby's middle name be peachy. especially if it's a girl (y)

Nuzzolese
08-31-2005, 01:21 PM
awwww! and you should have the baby's middle name be peachy. especially if it's a girl (y)

You silly, the baby's last name is going to be Peachy.

ms.peachy
08-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Congratulations peach!

Are you going to raise him/her in England or move back home?
Now there's a question.

It's a bit of an odd situation. We're just in the middle of applying for naturalisation; I guess we're gonna have to let our agent person from the Home Office know. Hmmm.

As far as names go, if it's a girl, maybe Peachy Peach McPeachy.
I guess if it's a boy, we'll have to go with a more manly fruit, like Banana.

Nuzzolese
08-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Now there's
As far as names go, if it's a girl, maybe Peachy Peach McPeachy.
I guess if it's a boy, we'll have to go with a more manly fruit, like Banana.

That's so cute. Can I help you shop for children's books?

Rock
08-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Bright blue cross on that Clearblue Easy stick this morning.

(y)

zippo
08-31-2005, 11:24 PM
i can recommend some great pregnancy teas and prenatal vitamins

^
its so hilarious when someone says what theyre supposed to say depending on who they are in life...it makes us seem more like characters instead of people for a few minutes, no?

congrats ms.peachy (y)

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 07:45 AM
^
its so hilarious when someone says what theyre supposed to say depending on who they are in life...it makes us seem more like characters instead of people for a few minutes, no?

I'm sort of confused by this.

Qdrop
09-01-2005, 07:46 AM
That's so cute. Can I help you shop for children's books?

shit, you could paint her one!

we've seen your work, don't be bashfull.

ms.peachy
09-01-2005, 07:49 AM
I have taken to calling it 'Little Bean', because that's the only way I can picture it at the moment. Like some wee lentil that's poised to take over the world as I know it.

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 07:52 AM
shit, you could paint her one!

we've seen your work, don't be bashfull.

pshh she couldn't afford that

Documad
09-01-2005, 08:04 AM
I have taken to calling it 'Little Bean', because that's the only way I can picture it at the moment. Like some wee lentil that's poised to take over the world as I know it.
That's adorable! Congratulations. :)

My friend had a book that told how big the baby was all the time, so she would tell us "rice-sized" "bean-sized" and up.

Most of my female friends have had babies in the past 5 years and they definitely don't eat sushi at all. I don't know if it's a big deal. My friends are all kind of nuts when they're pregnant.

enree erzweglle
09-01-2005, 08:12 AM
I have taken to calling it 'Little Bean', because that's the only way I can picture it at the moment. Like some wee lentil that's poised to take over the world as I know it.When I was pregnant, I followed a book that outlined the pregnancy in terms of weeks and it tried to give me a visual about what size the baby was. Like, "This week, your baby is the size of a <n>" and whatever that <n> was what I called my kid until the next <n> came along. I do remember sweetpea and string bean, and, later, eggplant. I didn't get the edible-ness of that but it was still cute and I think I stopped when the names started going the way of small household appliances and medium-sized athletic equipment (e.g., 5-lb medicine ball :)).

JBernas
09-01-2005, 08:50 AM
When I was pregnant, I followed a book that outlined the pregnancy in terms of weeks and it tried to give me a visual about what size the baby was. Like, "This week, your baby is the size of a <n>" and whatever that <n> was what I called my kid until the next <n> came along. I do remember sweetpea and string bean, and, later, eggplant. I didn't get the edible-ness of that but it was still cute and I think I stopped when the names started going the way of small household appliances and medium-sized athletic equipment (e.g., 5-lb medicine ball :)).

I had this too....What to Expect When You're Expecting. I think everyone gets this but it's a great resource. Ms. Peachy, you can also sign up for Pregnancy Weekly at www.pregnancyweekly.com. They send you weekly emails about what your baby is doing, how big it is, what "parts" are developing, etc. It is also a resource for questions, forums, etc. I liked that as well.

ms.peachy
09-01-2005, 08:53 AM
I had this too....What to Expect When You're Expecting. I think everyone gets this but it's a great resource.
I had a look at What to Expect When You're Expecting at the bookshop last night, but ended up buying Pregnancy for Dummies instead. :)

synch
09-02-2005, 03:00 AM
uhoh, synch she's baby-hungry! mehehe
She isn't really. She has stated to me on many occasions that she doesn't eat babies.

Knuckles
09-02-2005, 04:07 AM
I have taken to calling it 'Little Bean'
I think of it as "the peach pit" :D

Medellia
09-02-2005, 04:47 AM
Awwwwwwwwww, this is one of the most adorable things I have read on this board. Congrats to you and Mr. Peachy. (y)

ms.peachy
09-02-2005, 05:12 AM
Thanks all.

I just came out of a meeting where we were talking about this series of workshops I - I - am to be leading around areas of northwestern England in late April-early May of 2006. (This is all part of a larger program we've been planning for a while now.) And I had to sit there and talk about what I plan to do and how I plan to do it and all and it was a bit wierd because I'm not supposed to tell anybody yet (don't you all feel special now, you're all part of my secret) because it's 'too soon' but hey, according to the 'calculate your due date' thingie on the web I -I- am due on or around 28 April.

So just how do I plan to deliver those workshops, anyway? Heh.

Beth
09-02-2005, 06:28 PM
i'm very happy for you, ms.peachy. congratulations!

make sure you don't come to florida until you can do tequila shots and drink margaritas. kthnx.

tracky
09-02-2005, 06:37 PM
congratulations :) you'll be a great mum :cool:

alruggs
09-02-2005, 07:12 PM
I know your mom is crazy, Ms Peachy, but I think she'll make a great grandma. Oh the stories your child will have to tell.

zippo
09-02-2005, 10:01 PM

I'm sort of confused by this.

like when someone says something that theyre supposed to depending on who they are ...like for example, a doctor is in a party and theyre discussing a movie and he says "actually,they messed up in the part where the guys dying, losing that much blood would actually kill you, wtf" or a human rights devotee and his friends get stopped by a cop for speeding and the cop keeps them there for longer than hes supposed to and they need to get somewhere and the humanrights dude starts saying shit like "according to law #3445, youre supposed to blablabla"....um or millions of more examples...

when people "get in character", when they show/do/say something that perfectly reflects who they are depending on their proffesion or personality (someone jealous, someone extra-hyper, etc), its when we look more like characters in a movie than just people. because in movies, a character has a list of traits and characteristics right? and these need to be shown and reflected in the two short hours were watching them, so theyve gotta be really present...which reminds me when people in real life make their real life traits and characteristics really present, like cosmo did, and like in the examples i mentioned. i find it amusing, interesting and hilarious.

maybe because i have a fascination with obsession, and when this type of thing happens it looks like the person is very involved with whatever theyre reflecting. which is also why i adore Wes Andersons movies, the way he creates very defined characters. ok bye