PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Owen

TonsOfFun
08-31-2005, 06:03 AM
I'm glad he is back in the premier league.

Any Real fans sad to see him go or is the fact of plenlty of replacements to cover not really worry him leaving?

scotty
08-31-2005, 06:06 AM
He should have stayed at Liverpool.

Lemmy's Liver
08-31-2005, 01:16 PM
I agree with Scotty.

I'm a fan of Real, and I also like the kid. Good move for him to leave, I didn't really get why he went to Madrid in the first place.

Magpies just got Luque as well, right? Man, they have some skill up front now, if that's the case.

yours, heartily
DESTROY CHELSEA

TonsOfFun
08-31-2005, 01:37 PM
Owen left Liverpool for £8m with 1 year left on his contract where he could of gone for free - which he probably still would of done but obviously got £8m out of him. I can see why he wanted to go to Real.

So liverpool did well to get rid for £8m, which is why he left.

Extra Cheese
08-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Any Real fans sad to see him go or is the fact of plenlty of replacements to cover not really worry him leaving?

he never was a major part of the team, they wont miss a step with him gone.

Lemmy's Liver
08-31-2005, 05:52 PM
he left with 8mil, came back with 17

do the math Jim, Real got richer and Newcastle poorer

Drederick Tatum
08-31-2005, 11:17 PM
well, Newcastle need him bad since they can't score to save themselves and Owen needs regular first team football before the WC so its a win win situation. only downside is that Newcastle is a shit hole.

TonsOfFun
09-01-2005, 03:10 AM
he left with 8mil, came back with 17

do the math Jim, Real got richer and Newcastle poorer

yeah, but the reason the £8m was because only one year left on his liverpool contract. Newcastle now have a 4 year contract with one of the best strikers in the world who is hungry for goals right before the world cup. Bargin at 17m with the circumstances (espiecially for an english striker).