PDA

View Full Version : Miss Beastieangel01!

monkey
08-31-2005, 12:28 PM
i figured you'd love knowing about this class i'm taking...

concepts in gaming!

our assigments are to keep a game notebook. and play.

hunter is developing one of the first gaming depts in the country. (y) :p

beastieangel01
08-31-2005, 12:31 PM
haha awesome!

how many meets have you had so far? how do you like it?

Bob
08-31-2005, 12:32 PM
goddamnit, why you and not me

monkey
08-31-2005, 12:38 PM
haha awesome!

how many meets have you had so far? how do you like it?

first class, we played board games and then went outside to make and play hyperfeminine/hypermasculine hopscotch games.

i'll post a picture of our game if i can get it from my phone.

we meet once a week :)
oh and i love it! the professor is fantastic. i had her for another class last year, and she and i get along really well (something about neither of us being able to sit still for longer than 3 minutes).

monkey
08-31-2005, 01:24 PM
hyperfem hopscotch (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/moonstar85/hop.jpg)

it was me and three boys. the boys wanted to make the hopscotch into the shape of breasts, but they didnt understand that hyperfeminine meant that it had to be a game GEARED for the stereotype of girls.

another group made a penis. and yet another group made a hopscotch called "kill the terrorists" and if you lost, you let the terrorists win.

beastieangel01
08-31-2005, 01:29 PM
haha, awesome!

P of R
08-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Fuck! That's the type of course I've wanted all my life! (y)

beastieangel01
08-31-2005, 01:48 PM
I have a class very similar.

We had one that was a history on games, and now I am in one that is called Game Design & Game Play. We go over board games, card games, and video games. We had to create our own table top game in a group, and now we are working on level re-designs for video games (right now we are re-desiging the first level in Alice) and creating various characters for different genres.

We have to read about the basics of each genre, and game play in general, etc. It's good times.

steve-onpoint
08-31-2005, 01:51 PM
hola.

P of R
08-31-2005, 02:26 PM
I have a class very similar.

We had one that was a history on games, and now I am in one that is called Game Design & Game Play. We go over board games, card games, and video games. We had to create our own table top game in a group, and now we are working on level re-designs for video games (right now we are re-desiging the first level in Alice) and creating various characters for different genres.

We have to read about the basics of each genre, and game play in general, etc. It's good times.

Lucky bugger. :p

beastieangel01
08-31-2005, 02:33 PM
:D

I actually am more inclined to making characters more than anything, vs writing full-blown stories. So this is good experience in both. I'll have Creative Story-Telling soon too, which should be interesting since it's applied to games.

monkey
08-31-2005, 02:55 PM
my professor was telling us how huge (and well paid) the gaming field is in the west coast. here, we have... uh... nothing?

actually, my prof. is developing games for action, like activists games and the sort.

i have a little girl crush on my professor, anyone notice?

beastieangel01
08-31-2005, 06:01 PM
^yeah that is partially why I moved back to the west coast so I can get a good intership while still in school.

one of my character concepts, haha. (http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1511/crystal0025cz.jpg)

That is the only one I have around at the moment. I have another that is 100x better but I have to be at home to snag it off the computer. It's a concept character for an alternative racing game :D

Bob
08-31-2005, 06:04 PM
reminds me of conker's bad fur day.

and it's very well drawn i might add. not that such a compliment means anything from me, i say that to anyone who can draw better than me, so don't feel too special, because believe me, that is not a small group of people

beastieangel01
08-31-2005, 06:05 PM
hehe, thanks. I never got to play that.

We had 2 minutes to finish up with something in relation to an alternative racing game and draw a character in one of the vehicles (eek!). I came up with a squirrel death match game. I think I named that guy Zippy, hell if I can remember right now though. I'm bad at coming up with complete ideas for games. I just like to draw things :D

Bob
08-31-2005, 06:07 PM
have i got a deal for you! you draw this comic book that i've written, for free, and i'll be sure to mention you somewhere in the credits in the back. it'll be a real foot in the door, let me tell you

CrankItUp!
08-31-2005, 06:08 PM
Ever play strip UNO ?

beastieangel01
08-31-2005, 06:14 PM
I'd be willing to do a concept and see where it goes, Bob :)

I have another concept on here but it's pretty awful. I was amused by the story though;

PETA Public Enemy #1 (http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/4774/crystal0032of.jpg)

Basically, the goal of the character is to obtain a rare baby seal coat. And thus, must go through a series of challenges, enemies, and bosses to get what she wants.

Some of those enemies include PETA members who will through buckets of red paint on her (and thus her health/stanima goes down because she freaked out over her clothes being ruined), and small to large animals that will try to attack her, bite the ankles, etc. And she can fight back with her elephant tusk earings or press-on nails (which I did not include in this sketch since I only had 2 minutes).

I think I had some crack the day I made these.