PDA

View Full Version : **Web Page STUFF** need help!

Axel_Foley
08-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Hello everone,

I know this is a Remix form - but I just thought someone in here might know something about web page design. I am having a hellva time with Macromedia and making frames.

Anyone who knows anything is welcome to contact me, maybe we can trade design for samples?

Thanks all :)

TheMightyAjax
09-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Toront Eh? You Hoser! :D

I'd be glad to help...I'm a big Leafs fan. Hawks first of course. I'm also friends with the Pocket Dwellers from Toronto. Great band.

Send me an email or the page you're having trouble with.

contact@skot1.com

guerillaGardner
09-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Aren't frames still frowned on a lot for various reasons? They mess up accessibility options for blind people using screen readers and suchlike and the individual frames themselves can come up in web searches independent of the frameset in which they are supposed to appear. Also, unbelievably, there are still some browsers in use that don't support frames.

I use Dreamweaver a lot but I just don't go near frames.

Axel_Foley
09-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys,

I have an image on the left side with rollovers and I want the info/pics/etc to appear on the right side. I started with Frames, but I'm reading stuff now that says Tables are better?

Thanks for the reply. This Hoser is still trying to figure this out

jabumbo
09-01-2005, 09:37 PM
tables, use tables

and personal opinion, i wouldnt use flash either. i would use java or php or some sort of scripting if you want to get fancy. i just dont like the feel of a flash site

Mido
09-01-2005, 10:10 PM
yes. tables are a must.

TonsOfFun
09-02-2005, 04:57 AM
I built a website with frames once - got rid after a few days

Use tables.

And people should stop using Frontpage as well. It dumps so much un-needed HTML on there, it fucks up trying to do anything with the site.

yup

Use tables.

guerillaGardner
09-02-2005, 06:02 AM
I've felt obliged recently to at least try to learn positioning with CSS and it's actually quite cool and quite good fun, but I don't trust CSS enough to use it with a paying client breathing down the back of my neck.

The benefits of CSS are definitely potentially quite cool. There is so much you can do with CSS that you can't do with tables, but until all the browsers get their fingers out of their arses and ensure compliance and some level of predictability, and people are guaranteed not to be using crap browsers I think I'll stick to tables in my professional work and use CSS in personal projects.

I hated tables at first until I discovered that they could be nested and suddenly God smiled on me because pages that just kept screwing up suddenly started working.

If you reckon CSS is an option or if you haven't checked it out yet visit the css (http://www.csszengarden.com/) zen garden. It's lots of versions of same HTML page but each version just links to different CSS.

TheMightyAjax
09-02-2005, 06:13 PM
You'll find the style you like or want when you find other sites you like, every webmaster is different. Look around and see what you want to do. Help is here though...
If ya need it.

Later!

CrankItUp!
09-02-2005, 06:17 PM
You sho is white to be d Axel Foley honey - but dats aight ;) !

Monsieur Decuts
09-02-2005, 07:30 PM
tables and frames with macromedia? dreamweaver?

dood use the drawer and make those awsome <div> tags.

sooo easy.