PDA

View Full Version : The Importance of the Messageboard

dave790
08-31-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't usually post in beastie-free, but does anyone else think the board scarily plays too big a role in some people's lifes? I'm not saying spending time on messageboards is a bad thing, or even missing a board is a bad thing, it just freaks me out sometimes when people speak of being unhappy about the board or that they're leaving like its some life changing decision.

I enjoy (if that's the right word) discussions in the mostly Beastie-related world of this messageboard, but I like to check out this forum too. It's pretty cool, there's some interesting and funny personalities and typical arguments between people. But it doesn't mean the world to me. It's almost as if some people rely on it to get them through the day.

Anyway thanks for your time and patience, there's no huge point to this thread and I assume this type of things been mentioned before, I was just thinking of a bunch of threads I've seen (notably the one that chick Mai or whatever left) and thought I'd speak my mind...and again, i'm not saying it's a bad thing to be really into a messageboard, it just happens to freak me out a little. So, er, anyone else?

dave

hardnox71
08-31-2005, 03:06 PM
I don't usually post in beastie-free, but does anyone else think the board scarily plays too big a role in some people's lifes? I'm not saying spending time on messageboards is a bad thing, or even missing a board is a bad thing, it just freaks me out sometimes when people speak of being unhappy about the board or that they're leaving like its some life changing decision.

I enjoy (if that's the right word) discussions in the mostly Beastie-related world of this messageboard, but I like to check out this forum too. It's pretty cool, there's some interesting and funny personalities and typical arguments between people. But it doesn't mean the world to me. It's almost as if some people rely on it to get them through the day.

Anyway thanks for your time and patience, there's no huge point to this thread and I assume this type of things been mentioned before, I was just thinking of a bunch of threads I've seen (notably the one that chick Mai or whatever left) and thought I'd speak my mind...and again, i'm not saying it's a bad thing to be really into a messageboard, it just happens to freak me out a little. So, er, anyone else?

dave
Dude, I don't mean to be a dick, OK? In fact, I think I have chilled quite a bit in the past year but what difference does it make to you what the board means to me or anyone else? Why do you care? What business is it of yours anyway?

Let the board be whatever it's gonna be to whoever needs it to be that.

What freaks me out is how people care about and get involved with shit that doesn't have a gotdamned thing to do with them.

Nuzzolese
08-31-2005, 03:06 PM
Anything can become an addiction. I think maybe some people get addicted to the persona they adopt online, where they have a voice and no one can interrupt them. No one can interrupt your post while you are posting it. Not that people specifically pretend to be a certain person, but people come across a certain way online, in a way they have more control of, than the way they exist in relationships that are in closer physical proximity.

enree erzweglle
08-31-2005, 03:08 PM
I don't much care for all aspects of the boards, but there are a few people here whose posts and PMs I enjoy and if they were to leave, I'd miss them the way I'd miss certain types of friends that I have in real life.

I think I've said it before, but coming here in the morning feels like having water cooler talk. It's not a life-changing thing, but it's fun. (That is, it's fun, I think, because I tend to skip the scatological threads, the threads that are overly personal or pointless, or the ones that are just long debates with lots of finger-pointing. I also try to ignore the weirdness and insanity. :))

Coming here is part of my routine and changes in my routine are always things for me to adapt to but not die from.

Nuzzolese
08-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Without this forum I'd just go to another one for entertainment. But I would miss some individuals, in varying ways.

dave790
08-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Thanks for those responses, there good points and things I neglected to think about.

In response to hardnox71 it makes no difference to me what the board means to people or what have you, but that doesn't mean i can't be curious about it. I was just wandering what other people thought. However, the 'Let the board be whatever it's gonna be to whoever needs it to be that' comment is nice and within it's rights, I didn't really say anything to question that though.

I found what Nuzzolese thoughtful and insigtful, and it helps me understand better why say a board could mean alot to someone.

I think what freaked me out is probably the fact that some people make such a big deal over leaving the board ect, not that they're really into it. But then again it makes me no better starting a thread about that, to whcih I'm sorry. I don't know, it just seemed kinda silly and i was just getting some brief thoughts out.

dave

dave790
08-31-2005, 03:18 PM
I don't much care for all aspects of the boards, but there are a few people here whose posts and PMs I enjoy and if they were to leave, I'd miss them the way I'd miss certain types of friends that I have in real life.

I think I've said it before, but coming here in the morning feels like having water cooler talk. It's not a life-changing thing, but it's fun. (That is, it's fun, I think, because I tend to skip the scatological threads, the threads that are overly personal or pointless, or the ones that are just long debates with lots of finger-pointing. I also try to ignore the weirdness and insanity. :))

Coming here is part of my routine and changes in my routine are always things for me to adapt to but not die from.

Thanks for that, it's sort of what i ws looking for aswell, just seeing like what people get out of the board. I know it's kinda pointless analysing it for different people, but I'm curious to know. I think I'm along the same lines of your 'It's not a life-changing thing, but it's fun' comment.

hardnox71
08-31-2005, 03:21 PM
I think what freaked me out is probably the fact that some people make such a big deal over leaving the board ect, not that they're really into it. But then again it makes me no better starting a thread about that, to whcih I'm sorry. I don't know, it just seemed kinda silly and i was just getting some brief thoughts out.

Dave, those are just drama queens. Doing that shit doesn't necessarily mean that they are addicted to the board. That over dramatic shit is just how they are and they would do that shit no matter what venue or setting they were in. That is just their nature. They can't help it. They would go through the same dramatic bullshit if they were leaving the house and going to the corner store.

dave790
08-31-2005, 03:27 PM
Dave, those are just drama queens. Doing that shit doesn't necessarily mean that they are addicted to the board. That over dramatic shit is just how they are and they would do that shit no matter what venue or setting they were in. That is just their nature. They can't help it. They would go through the same dramatic bullshit if they were leaving the house and going to the corner store.

You know i never considered that, thanks for pointing it out. Again, no problem with dramatising things up a little, to an extent it's kind of interesting...I just don't see why you'd want to make yourself seem like your really dramatic and shit over a messagboard. Anyway, I think I've said all I had to say, thanks for peoples time and patience, and for thoughtful responses. I was expecting two word insults or something, although i may have just invited those now...

enree erzweglle
08-31-2005, 03:33 PM
You know i never considered that, thanks for pointing it out. Again, no problem with dramatising things up a little, to an extent it's kind of interesting...I just don't see why you'd want to make yourself seem like your really dramatic and shit over a messagboard. Anyway, I think I've said all I had to say, thanks for peoples time and patience, and for thoughtful responses. I was expecting two word insults or something, although i may have just invited those now...
I expected to see those things too. Your responses to the responses were refreshing. Nice.

hardnox71
08-31-2005, 03:34 PM
So what are you saying?......that you thought we were all just a bunch of crass, rude assholes here? Is that what you thought?

Fuck you.

:D

dave790
08-31-2005, 03:45 PM
I expected to see those things too. Your responses to the responses were refreshing. Nice.

Thanks for that :)

So what are you saying?......that you thought we were all just a bunch of crass, rude assholes here? Is that what you thought?

Fuck you.

And thanks for that too. Not at all by the way, I said in my first post in this thread that i enjoy some of the stuff in the forum. I meant my expectency as in my post suggestions might annoy people, and just because I suspected something, doesn't mean I disagree with it :)

ToucanSpam
08-31-2005, 03:48 PM
If the board plays a big role in people's lives, then it plays a big role. It doesn't make anyone less of a person.

What's the difference between spending lots of time here, and spending lots of time at the same bar every night? You know what I mean?

There's a much more diverse and interesting crowd of people here.

hardnox71
08-31-2005, 03:55 PM
And thanks for that too. Not at all by the way, I said in my first post in this thread that i enjoy some of the stuff in the forum. I meant my expectency as in my post suggestions might annoy people, and just because I suspected something, doesn't mean I disagree with it :)
OK, dude, did you see my little smiley face at the end of my post. That means I was kidding with you. Fucking around. Having fun with what you said. Lighten up, man. Relax.

hardnox71
08-31-2005, 03:58 PM
If the board plays a big role in people's lives, then it plays a big role. It doesn't make anyone less of a person.

What's the difference between spending lots of time here, and spending lots of time at the same bar every night? You know what I mean?

There's a much more diverse and interesting crowd of people here.
This, by far, Toucan, has got to be the most intellectual and profound thing I have ever heard you say. I am not kidding. I am dead serious.

Not that I ever thought you were a stupid idiot but I just never read anything like this from you before.

Keep posting shit like this and I think alot of the ribbing you get will magically start to die down.

DandyFop
08-31-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't usually post in beastie-free, but does anyone else think the board scarily plays too big a role in some people's lifes?

I'm quite sure Mae and RobMoney have killed themselves without this place by now, yes.

Documad
08-31-2005, 11:17 PM
This board has changed my life.

ToucanSpam
08-31-2005, 11:18 PM
for better or for worse?

zorra_chiflada
08-31-2005, 11:24 PM

it's changed my life too. :)

Documad
08-31-2005, 11:28 PM
it's changed my life too. :)
what were the odds?

ToucanSpam
08-31-2005, 11:30 PM
I must declare this board has made me a happier person.

The most fantastic thing that will ever happen in my life so far has happened.

avignon
08-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah, it has had and is having some profound affects on my life as well.

Good: I met Walter (y)

Bad: this board has given me hemmeroids. (n)

GetYourWarOn
08-31-2005, 11:39 PM
it's a great bb with a bunch of cool people. take avignon for example...how many people are willing to openly discuss their grape sized hemmoroids in a public forum?

Documad
08-31-2005, 11:40 PM
yesterday was actually my one year anniversary.

I watch almost no TV now. But America's Next Top Model resumes on 9/21/05!

Documad
08-31-2005, 11:41 PM
it's a great bb with a bunch of cool people. take avignon for example...how many people are willing to openly discuss their grape sized hemmorids in a public forum?
Having Avignon as a role model will help other young women face their own embarrassing medical conditions. It's a public service.

zorra_chiflada
08-31-2005, 11:43 PM
it's a great bb with a bunch of cool people. take avignon for example...how many people are willing to openly discuss their grape sized hemmoroids in a public forum?

HAHAHAHHH!

avignon
08-31-2005, 11:44 PM
well, I do what I can. Stay tuned, I might make a thread about my foot fungus next. Ya never can tell!

DandyFop
08-31-2005, 11:47 PM
yesterday was actually my one year anniversary.

I watch almost no TV now. But America's Next Top Model resumes on 9/21/05!

I'm not sure I know what's going on here

Documad
08-31-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm not sure I know what's going on here
:confused:

I've been with BBMB one year and one day.

Since joining the board, I watch less TV.

But I will have a reason to watch TV again on 9/21.

DandyFop
09-01-2005, 12:02 AM
ohohoh I thought you meant you met someone on here and it was your one-year anniversary

hah

cosmo105
09-01-2005, 12:20 AM
i wouldn't say so much that the board changed my life...just that a person i met here did. for the better. much, much better :)

Documad
09-01-2005, 12:23 AM
ohohoh I thought you meant you met someone on here and it was your one-year anniversary

hah
I cackled at that one!

DandyFop
09-01-2005, 12:25 AM
i wouldn't say so much that the board changed my life...just that a person i met here did. for the better. much, much better :)

But you met him through the board so it does count.

coont

cosmo105
09-01-2005, 12:33 AM
did you just call me a cunt in a thick scottish accent? *slides hands into brass knuckles*

ToucanSpam
09-01-2005, 12:36 AM
one thing we have in common.

dave790
09-01-2005, 06:12 AM
it's nice if you meet someone who has that effect, i mean wherever it is (on holiday, at work, on a messageboard ect) s'always good to hear :)

I also agree that the board, from what i've seen, has a bunch of cool characters and there's uauslly something that interests me. Also, I'm on a few other boards, but none quite as entertaining or bizzare as the shit that gets thrown up here every once in awhile!

Tzar
09-01-2005, 06:15 AM
the board improved my grammar and spelling!

fuck you! i'm a spelling nazi, bitch!

roosta
09-01-2005, 06:23 AM
one thing we have in common.

:o

Documad
09-01-2005, 08:21 AM
I was kidding about it changing my life and then all you people for whom it really did have a huge impact posted. That's really cool.

I work a lot of hours at odd times and I enjoy having something diverting to do. But I have definitely done things because of this board. For instance I listened to Band on the Run for the first time in a decade. It was better than I remembered.

enree erzweglle
09-01-2005, 08:29 AM
I was kidding about it changing my life and then all you people for whom it really did have a huge impact posted. That's really cool.

I work a lot of hours at odd times and I enjoy having something diverting to do. But I have definitely done things because of this board. For instance I listened to Band on the Run for the first time in a decade. It was better than I remembered.
Me too and yes it was.

I think for most serious posters/visitors to this place, if you haven't done something as a result of being here, it would be weird. Maybe that something was only to get angry or LOL. :)

I've watched movies and TV shows, listened to new and old music, and have read books all after getting recommendations from BBMBers. I've also learned what a lot of previously confusing acronyms mean and I sometimes think in terms of emoticons. That's real change for you. I've made a few friends and have used the boards to keep in touch with a real-life friend who moved far away. Those are big, fat plusses.

Documad
09-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Do you sometimes find it odd to be genuinely pleased or worried about someone you don't really know?

I'm extremely pleased that Ms. Peachy is having a baby. And she could be anyone really. :rolleyes:

dave790
09-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Do you sometimes find it odd to be genuinely pleased or worried about someone you don't really know?

I'm extremely pleased that Ms. Peachy is having a baby. And she could be anyone really. :rolleyes:

It's maybe a little odd, but there can't be anything bad with being happy for someone or concerned, regardless of how well you know them. I think it add's up to being caring :)

Obviously if people are calling up their friends saying 'someone on the messageboard is having a baby, lets go out and celebrate and throw a big party' then that's a liitle more worrying...

avignon
09-01-2005, 09:05 AM
I think it would be odd to not care at all. How could someone spend this much time interacting with people and still not care at all?

avignon
09-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Its not that i don\'t have freinds at home - you just can never have too many freinds.
my sentiments exactly. (y) :)

kll
09-01-2005, 09:11 AM
GRAPE sized? She told me that they were the size of baseballs!

avignon
09-01-2005, 09:15 AM
yaaaaaaaay! but lets not forget everyone hated me on here. q-drop said so so it must be true! :rolleyes:
I never hated you. I don't follow the mob. That goes both ways though because I don't hate Qdrop either.

avignon
09-01-2005, 09:15 AM
GRAPE sized? She told me that they were the size of baseballs!
:( and here I didn't mention that it was you that caused them.

enree erzweglle
09-01-2005, 09:21 AM

Me too. I feel like I know a lot of people on these boards. Or at least several. I would think it would be odd to be here and not have been affected by the people here in some way. That's why I always think it's weird when people say INTERNET!

To me, it doesn't matter how you deliver your message--you're still delivering it. (The only weird thing about the internet is that you'll never quite know who your message is being delivered to. That's why I tend to be cautious.)

kll
09-01-2005, 09:22 AM
(The only weird thing about the internet is that you'll never quite know who your message is being delivered to. That's why I tend to be cautious.)

Yeah, I stopped talking to Echewta/Skye after this one.

enree erzweglle
09-01-2005, 09:31 AM
i know what you mean. but everyone ive met has been as lovley as they are on here. i\'m other people who\'ve met up could say the same. not everyones a saint, but then this isn\'t heaven :)
Oooh, I didn't mean to imply that the posters here are weird. I'm talking about lurkers--people who go here or to the internet in general and pull info but don't contribute stuff. For every one person who makes himself know, how many are there who lurk? I think there are a lot. I know lots of people at work who lurk in several places--they never post on forums, but they know just about everything that goes on in them. That's what I was referring to, how you don't quite know who you're reaching when you put stuff here.

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 09:36 AM
he seems one of those people who on the surface act like the world revolves around them, and is really sad and lonly underneith :(

Who wouldn't this apply to?

enree erzweglle
09-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Who wouldn't this apply to?
I don't know if you're being sarcastic. But I know lots and lots of people who are genuinely happy and who only have the occasional bad/sour mood. I don't feel sad and lonely beneath anything...lot of my friends are like that too. (I do know a lot of people in real life who are bitter, mean, sarcastic, cynical, just DOWN on everything and they complain about it left/right. And they're so that way that they can't believe that other people can be happy. They think it's a facade. A few of them are at work and several are at the gym and you can't help but overhear them when they're complaining from one end of the room to the other end. What a way to live, feeling like that all the time. Dang. I could get a pissy mood if I had to deal with them regularly. I avoid them when I can.)

roosta
09-01-2005, 09:45 AM
the internet is for gays

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 10:01 AM
I don't know if you're being sarcastic. But I know lots and lots of people who are genuinely happy and who only have the occasional bad/sour mood. I don't feel sad and lonely beneath anything...lot of my friends are like that too. (I do know a lot of people in real life who are bitter, mean, sarcastic, cynical, just DOWN on everything and they complain about it left/right. And they're so that way that they can't believe that other people can be happy. They think it's a facade. A few of them are at work and several are at the gym and you can't help but overhear them when they're complaining from one end of the room to the other end. What a way to live, feeling like that all the time. Dang. I could get a pissy mood if I had to deal with them regularly. I avoid them when I can.)

I was kind of being sarcastic. But what you said is still an important message. Everyone, did you get this? :)

Bob
09-01-2005, 10:04 AM
will this be on the test?

Documad
09-01-2005, 10:05 AM
The world does seem to revolve around me and I'm profoundly happy about it.

ToucanSpam
09-01-2005, 10:07 AM
The world does seem to revolve around me and I'm profoundly happy about it.
:D hahaha

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Just answer me this hypothetical: if everyone stopped paying attention to you, do you think you'd start to wonder if you didn't exist?

Bob
09-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Just answer me this hypothetical: if everyone stopped paying attention to you, do you think you'd start to wonder if you didn't exist?

it's funny you ask this, because we've started studying descartes today, so now i get to show off and say, "no, if i'm doubting my own existence, then there must be something that's doing the doubting; evidently, me, meaning i clearly do exist, because i'm still thinking"

wait, you wanted to know what I think. i don't know. maybe.

enree erzweglle
09-01-2005, 10:13 AM
I was kind of being sarcastic. But what you said is still an important message. Everyone, did you get this? :)
Oh, nuzz, you are so funny.

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 10:17 AM
it's funny you ask this, because we've started studying descartes today, so now i get to show off and say, "no, if i'm doubting my own existence, then there must be something that's doing the doubting; evidently, me, meaning i clearly do exist, because i'm still thinking"

wait, you wanted to know what I think. i don't know. maybe.

How can you alone prove your existence by the act of doubting it? Isn't that contradictory?

Do we really have any thoughts of our own or are we just the combined effort of our experiences, designed to replicate memes?

Documad
Not that I didn't exist, but that people couldn't see me. I used to be invisible. It's a good way to watch people.

As for the message board, if everyone quit responding to my posts, I wonder how long it would take before I was disturbed.

Nuzzolese
Oh, nuzz, you are so funny.

Oh I am so irreverent I am I am!! :p

ToucanSpam
09-01-2005, 10:18 AM
I think, therefore I am.

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Not that I didn't exist, but that people couldn't see me. I used to be invisible. It's a good way to watch people.

As for the message board, if everyone quit responding to my posts, I wonder how long it would take before I was disturbed.

I was thinking about Terri Shiavo. Like what if your mind was fully functional but you could not control your body, you could not give any indication that you were in there. How long before you go insane? Being forced to be locked into your little shell with no way to communicate?

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 10:21 AM
I think, therefore I am.

What if everyone responded to you but they all responded to the world differently than you did? Would you start to wonder if they didn't exist? Like let's say you see a dog and you pet it and it licks your hand and you smell it and feel it but the person next to you doesn't see the dog and insists that there isn't a dog there. Which one would you start to wonder about the existence of...the person or the dog?

ToucanSpam
09-01-2005, 10:23 AM
What if everyone responded to you but they all responded to the world differently than you did? Would you start to wonder if they didn't exist? Like let's say you see a dog and you pet it and it licks your hand and you smell it and feel it but the person next to you doesn't see the dog and insists that there isn't a dog there. Which one would you start to wonder about the existence of...the person or the dog?
If I can see both, then I do not question their existance.

Then again I am extremely gullible, if someone tells me something doesn't exist, I would start to believe them.

Bob
09-01-2005, 10:25 AM
How can you alone prove your existence by the act of doubting it? Isn't that contradictory?

Do we really have any thoughts of our own or are we just the combined effort of our experiences, designed to replicate memes?

i don't see that it's contradictory, i mean, just because you doubt something doesn't mean it's false. for example, i have a bottle of hand cream on my desk (that i really should put in a drawer), and everyone who sees it doubts that i use it purely on my hands, but i do (honest).

ok, bad analogy, but i'm just saying that i don't understand why it would be contradictory. but how could I doubt my existence if there weren't an existing I to doubt it? what's doing the doubting? and it's not necessarily the doubting that's important, it's just that the doubting is some kind of thinking that's going on, thinking being done by something, something that exists, that thing being me, even if nobody's paying attention to it. i might go crazy, but i'd still exist.

i'll get to your other question right after i look up memes in the dictionary

Qdrop
09-01-2005, 10:25 AM

niether, the person is lying.

i would pick the dog up and throw it at them, then see how "unreal" it is to them.

avignon
09-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Well, first I would have to pet and be licked by and smell the person before I could make that call.

enree erzweglle
09-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Mu. I would never smell my hand after a dog licked it. :)

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 10:35 AM
ok, bad analogy, but i'm just saying that i don't understand why it would be contradictory. but how could I doubt my existence if there weren't an existing I to doubt it? what's doing the doubting? and it's not necessarily the doubting that's important, it's just that the doubting is some kind of thinking that's going on, thinking being done by something, something that exists, that thing being me, even if nobody's paying attention to it. i might go crazy, but i'd still exist.

Oh okay I understand now.

Bob
09-01-2005, 10:35 AM
i'll get to your other question right after i look up memes in the dictionary

you might have a point. i mean, my first thought in terms of answering your question was to go back and reference descartes. the whole idea behind research seems to be to go back and reference people who've already thought about the thing you're thinking about, and form your own conclusion from an amalgam of theirs (kind of).

but on the other hand, no, that can't be right, because whose meme was descartes replicating? and if you find that guy, who was he doing it to? go back far enough and surely, eventually, you're going to find somebody who was thinking on their own. i guess it's possible that there were a few generations of independent thinkers, and somewhere along the way, we just stopped thinking and started being bizarre parrots, but i doubt it

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Well, first I would have to pet and be licked by and smell the person before I could make that call.

What if they both seemed equally real to you, and the dog reacted to the person, but the person didn't acknowlegde the existence of the dog and if you threw the dog at them they'd just insist that you hit them.

dave790
09-01-2005, 11:11 AM
well...this has become rather thoughtful

avignon
09-01-2005, 11:16 AM
What if they both seemed equally real to you, and the dog reacted to the person, but the person didn't acknowlegde the existence of the dog and if you threw the dog at them they'd just insist that you hit them.
i would believe that the person was being a stubborn ass and i would just take the dog to the park and enjoy a nice game of frisbee or something. Dogs are generally easier to get along with than people anyway.

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 11:16 AM
I thought it started out thoughtful.

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 11:17 AM
i would believe that the person was being a stubborn ass and i would just take the dog to the park and enjoy a nice game of frisbee or something. Dogs are generally easier to get along with than people anyway.

So you would choose and believe in the reality that agrees with you. :) Maybe we all do that, it's like seeing what you want to see.

avignon
09-01-2005, 11:19 AM
So you would choose and believe in the reality that agrees with you. :) Maybe we all do that, it's like seeing what you want to see.
yeah, that's exactly what i meant. I wasn't really thinking in terms of some cute playful puppy as opposed to some grumpy old ass.

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 11:30 AM
yeah, that's exactly what i meant. I wasn't really thinking in terms of some cute playful puppy as opposed to some grumpy old ass.

Why did you make him into a grumpy old ass?

avignon
09-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Why did you make him into a grumpy old ass?
because he was snubbing the puppy!

dave790
09-01-2005, 12:11 PM
I thought it started out thoughtful.

Ok well thoughtful-er

Bob
09-01-2005, 12:35 PM
because he was snubbing the puppy!

maybe he's blind. or maybe he's never heard the word puppy before. maybe in his country, they call them canbogglers, and it's bad luck to call them by name. you just don't understand other cultures, that's all

avignon
09-01-2005, 12:36 PM
maybe he's blind. or maybe he's never heard the word puppy before. maybe in his country, they call them canbogglers, and it's bad luck to call them by name. you just don't understand other cultures, that's all
Well, if that's the case, then I doubt his existence.

Bob
09-01-2005, 12:51 PM
sometimes i post here as a substitute for showering

Nuzzolese
09-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Do you feel cleansed afterwards?

Bob
09-01-2005, 02:32 PM
physically? no

spiritually? also no

wanton wench
09-01-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm a bit addicted to this board. I leave...yet I return. Why? To fill in voids? To give me something to do online? Maybe. Probably because I'm stalking Echewta, but that's beside the point.

This place has introduced to me interesting people, Homestar Runner, music, movies, and other things. I'd have a really bad body odor if I didn't post here. Yeah, that's why I'm here.
cleansing poster!

ToucanSpam
09-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Norcen reminds me of a better version of me.

CrankItUp!
09-01-2005, 05:16 PM
I loves 2 fuck ! ;)

Echewta
09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
^ You aren't even a one trick pony.

CrankItUp!
09-01-2005, 05:22 PM
I'ms not a guy - so I can suck yo dick dry honey ! ;)

teat
09-02-2005, 07:51 AM
They would go through the same dramatic bullshit if they were leaving the house and going to the corner store.

That's fairly broad as a statement.

Irony is difficult to convey on internets.

People can throw all types of aspersions at a person for starting a 'I'm Leaving' thread, but there's always a chance people who start them are naturally curious.

How many people get to attend their own funerals?

Until you really think about something, you're only guessing.