PDA

View Full Version : Group interviews?

wavin_goodbye
09-02-2005, 02:12 PM
I applied to a bookstore a few weeks ago, and I have an interview on Tuesday that, apparently, is with a group. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? Any advice? (keep in mind that I've only had 1 other interview before)

thanks.

paul jones
09-02-2005, 02:19 PM
I applied to a bookstore a few weeks ago, and I have an interview on Tuesday that, apparently, is with a group. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? Any advice? (keep in mind that I've only had 1 other interview before)

thanks.

have the illest haistyle and fashions and beat the competition who wear pressure gauge shirts and ties or conservative blouses

show em watcha got as Flavor Flav said (y)

good luck

TonsOfFun
09-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I've had them before - hated, last for hours and I ended asking if I could leave because I was fed up. I got the job but didn't accept it.

Thing is to be aware they'll be looking for someone who takes control of the group but not order them. Just be the biggest team player you can. Don't be nasty to anyone even if they are wankers cus you can always twat them in the car park...

wavin_goodbye
09-02-2005, 05:02 PM
hours? .. the fuck?

enree erzweglle
09-02-2005, 05:10 PM
I've only been on a few group interviews, but I've participated in dozens and dozens of group interviews. They're not easy to give or to take.

At the beginning when everyone is being introduced, if you can, try to remember their names. (Sometimes they give you a schedule ahead of time--look at the names and try to hook the names up with the faces at the interviews.) This always comes out as a big plus for some reason.

After most group interviews that I've conducted, I've gotten letters from the candidate thanking me for my time. Those things mean nothing to me, but I do like it at the end of the interview itself when the person looks right at me and thanks me in a genuine[-seeming] way.

And try to relax--usually the people in a group interview are just as nervous as you are. Good luck!