PDA

View Full Version : I'm up to my neck in this - your folks are letting the people of N.O. die

Lemmy's Liver
09-02-2005, 04:14 PM
motherfuckers

feels pretty safe looking at it from over here, but your federal governmnet, your whole nation, has some major issues

and your president is a dick, surprisingly

are you seriously saying the people drowning in shit in N.O. are doing that just because they were not smart enough to evacuate?

this, my friends, is a perfect example how USA works as a unit. boooohoo, the fuel prices are high. and hundreds of people are dying as you cry.

I looked at the developing situation on a fucking TV screen more than 24 hours before it happened. do you have TV's in America? I'd like to hear the educated version of WHY the people were not evacuated, please. I've already heard the "they be poor people (=black, it seems to be, now that I look at it) with no vehicles"-version. which is bullshit. when a disaster closes in, you DO have ways of reeling in the people. don't you?

stop crying when the shit is already running down your leg

yours, heartily
an European

Knuckles
09-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Thanks for all your wonderful incite to our nations terrible tragedy. Why don’t you donate some money to the red cross and then go fuck a sheep.

Respectfully Yours,
An American

hardnox71
09-02-2005, 04:33 PM
I would like to debate you Lemmy and stand tall and proud for the 'good ol' U-S of A but you know what? I don't have a leg to stand on because you are absolutely right. I was just watching the news not too long ago and I was listening to Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. asking where is all the relief from all the sources that were so eager and ready to jump in and help during 9/11. He said alot more than that but I can't remember it all. Basically he was saying 'What the fuck is going on?'

This country does have some major issues, my man. Ain't no doubt about that.

King PSYZ
09-02-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm suprised the Al Queda weather machine hasn't been blamed for this tradgedy, since guile and manuvering seems to be par for the course.

I feel horribly for the people of New Orleans, I have a lot of friends there and I can't even comprehend the events right now, I want to belive it's not true. I know my friends, they live check to check and right in the center of the French Quarter.

Lemmy's Liver
09-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanks for all your wonderful incite to our nations terrible tragedy. Why don’t you donate some money to the red cross and then go fuck a sheep.

Respectfully Yours,
An American
you're pathetic, even with your comebacks

synch
09-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Way to get your point across Lemmy.

TonsOfFun
09-02-2005, 05:08 PM

Respectfully Yours,
An American

I deleted a message earlier from what Buddylee said about nobody aborad wanting to help america - it has it's fault but it's not that people aren't sending money across the pond to help.

It's just that what we see on TV's over is that no-one official apart from the mayor is asking for help and it seems that America don't seem to want what is offered anyway. A few posts today have made me wish I hadn't bothered. But I know it's just government officials who seem to want to reject it - why?

This pisses off europeans as well as americans. Cus the arrogance gets to us (or does me anyway)

QueenAdrock
09-02-2005, 05:19 PM
You just see the news stories of people dying, but have you heard of the rescue efforts? I agree that there's so, so, so much more that can be done, but that doesn't mean that we're sitting on our asses just watching people drown.

I donated money, so did many of my friends, and I'll be going to the Red Cross tomorrow to donate blood. My brother might go down there to help with the rescue operations, along with some other people.

I still think we should have done more to warn those down there. At very least, go through the neighborhoods with a bullhorn, telling them how serious it was and that they should pack up and evacuate ASAP. And we should have offered free public transportation out of the city. But we didn't. I heard it was because they relied more on "word of mouth", and had the people find their own transportation, which is utter bullshit. :(

Medellia
09-02-2005, 05:19 PM
I've already heard the "they be poor people (=black, it seems to be, now that I look at it) with no vehicles"-version. which is bullshit. when a disaster closes in, you DO have ways of reeling in the people. don't you?
That's why they couldn't get out on their own. Why the city didn't do anything I don't know and noone else here does. That's just the reason why they couldn't leave on their own. And it's not their fault that the race-poverty line is so skewed. Race issues are still fucked down there. So what the fuck are you doing to help your fellow humans in their time of need?

PS-Way to go when there are native Louisianans on this board with family down there, by the way. (n)

Lemmy's Liver
09-02-2005, 05:30 PM
PS-Way to go when there are native Louisianans on this board with family down there, by the way. (n)
your point being?

Medellia
09-02-2005, 05:32 PM
your point being?
That maybe calling us "motherfuckers" was just slightly asshattish when there are people here affected by it on a personal level.

Lemmy's Liver
09-02-2005, 05:36 PM
listen, baby wee pants

the way I see it I wasn't calling you or anyone in Lousiana a motherfucker

on the other hand, I call my friends motherfuckers. so quit being anal and get to the point motherfucker ;)

Beth
09-02-2005, 06:25 PM
another problem is there is a large creole population down there, and i'm betting if they had televisions, they didn't have any creole broadcasts.

another problem with hurricanes is that so many times a hurricane will either change course or break up / weaken. that may be why a lot of people were so complacent.

the whole thing just sucks balls.

Knuckles
09-02-2005, 08:40 PM
you're pathetic, even with your comebacks
Yes, I'm pathetic. I'm doing what I can (giving money/blood) to help the unfortunate people that went through this terrible tradgedy instead of just bitching about it.

Laver1969
09-02-2005, 09:03 PM
I'd like to hear the educated version of WHY the people were not evacuated, please. I've already heard the "they be poor people (=black, it seems to be, now that I look at it) with no vehicles"-version. which is bullshit. when a disaster closes in, you DO have ways of reeling in the people. don't you?

yours, heartily
an European

Hi European,

Sure...I agree the entire city should have been evacuated. How do you logistically get a million people out of a metropolitan city in about 50 hours? The people of New Orleans knew the storm was coming, there was a mandetory evacuation, there were police on bullhorns telling people to evacuate, there was a curfew.

All of my family and friends evacuated. The roads were packed. They have something called contra-flow, where the in-bound lanes are turned around so that everyone is travelling out of the city. And the cars crawled for hundreds of miles.

But because everyone didn't evacuate does that mean we shouldn't rescue those that didn't leave. Whether they were too sick, poor, or stupid to evacuate we should still help them.

The city of New Orleans knew this would eventually happen. There aren't enough local and state resources to handle this type of disaster. It is much bigger than that.

Yours truly,
A native of New Orleans and an American

Laver1969
09-02-2005, 09:09 PM
another problem is there is a large creole population down there, and i'm betting if they had televisions, they didn't have any creole broadcasts.

another problem with hurricanes is that so many times a hurricane will either change course or break up / weaken. that may be why a lot of people were so complacent.

the whole thing just sucks balls.

Please tell me you're not serious about the creole broadcasts.

You're correct with your second statement about the hurricanes changing courses and weakening. New Orleans has experienced a lot of near misses. But the city has evacuated many times. Everyone I know has pre-fitted plywood sheets ready to go for their windows.

There are Hurricane evacuation signs all around southern Louisiana. I know this may be hard to believe, but most people DID evacuate.

YoungRemy
09-02-2005, 09:18 PM
motherfuckers
feels pretty safe looking at it from over here, but your federal governmnet, your whole nation, has some major issues
and your president is a dick, surprisingly
re you seriously saying the people drowning in shit in N.O. are doing that just because they were not smart enough to evacuate?
this, my friends, is a perfect example how USA works as a unit. boooohoo, the fuel prices are high. and hundreds of people are dying as you cry.
I looked at the developing situation on a fucking TV screen more than 24 hours before it happened. do you have TV's in America? I'd like to hear the educated version of WHY the people were not evacuated, please. I've already heard the "they be poor people (=black, it seems to be, now that I look at it) with no vehicles"-version. which is bullshit. when a disaster closes in, you DO have ways of reeling in the people. don't you?
yours, heartily
an European

so you tell us genius, give us the educated reason why, you tell us how it should have been done better...

you don't think Americans are frustrated?

we are sorry that you are "up to your neck in this"

please share how this has affected your family...

a proud Louisiana born American

Laver1969
09-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Here's a link of what was done before the storm hit.

http://smh.com.au/news/World/New-Orleans-evacuated-as-Katrina-nears/2005/08/29/1125167555469.html

Medellia
09-02-2005, 11:26 PM
listen, baby wee pants

the way I see it I wasn't calling you or anyone in Lousiana a motherfucker

on the other hand, I call my friends motherfuckers. so quit being anal and get to the point motherfucker ;)
Baby wee pants? I want to be pissed off, but that name is kinda adorable. :confused:

QueenAdrock
09-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Yours truly,
A native of New Orleans and an American

You lie! If you were really from there you'd say Naw'lins.

:cool:

Beth
09-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Please tell me you're not serious about the creole broadcasts.
well, if i posted it, i meant it.

are you telling me there isn't a large creole population? or are you telling me that of course there are creole broadcasts? how the fuck would i know? i'm wondering out loud, because i don't live there. florida has a huge spanish population that probably outweighs the english speaking population, and most areas in florida have no access to spanish stations unless you have the upgraded cable package. how fucked up is that?

and of course i'm right about hurricanes changing course. i went through 4 of them last year.

YoungRemy
09-03-2005, 01:40 AM
no creole broadcasts in new orleans.

creoles speak french

Laver1969
09-03-2005, 08:07 AM
You lie! If you were really from there you'd say Naw'lins.

:cool:

Actually the local pronunciation of most is N'Warlins or N'Wahlins. Most everyone I know uses the hard "W" sound. :)

nyhelo81
09-03-2005, 08:09 AM
HEY SH$T PUMP.....YOU'RE A DAMN EUROPEAN, HOW'S THAT????

QueenAdrock
09-03-2005, 08:20 AM
:rolleyes: Wow. You showed him.

Laver1969
09-03-2005, 08:23 AM
well, if i posted it, i meant it.

are you telling me there isn't a large creole population? or are you telling me that of course there are creole broadcasts? how the fuck would i know? i'm wondering out loud, because i don't live there. florida has a huge spanish population that probably outweighs the english speaking population, and most areas in florida have no access to spanish stations unless you have the upgraded cable package. how fucked up is that?

and of course i'm right about hurricanes changing course. i went through 4 of them last year.

Creole is african or carribean. Cajun is french.

Most everyone speaks and understands English. Everyone in southern Louisiana knows when a Hurricane is coming.

YoungRemy
09-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Here's how it goes, if you don't have much money and/or are not of the "Great White Race", you're as good as trash. It's disturbing, but true.

I have a question though (not to you Myth). Where do all those who did evacuate go? What if you have no family nearby? This may also have another factor, but I don't know.

most of the evacuess went to Texas- Houston San Antonio, Dallas and Austin, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, or Alabama- Birmingham, Jasckson and Tuscaloosa...

many hotels in Alabama are full of evacuess right now.
the city of Houston has about 200,000 in the Dome and in the surrounding communities(my family in Houston is host to about 6 or 7 of our family members, they will call our place home for the time being... my 16 year old cousin registered for high school in my hometown already)

the goodness of the people of America will prevail in this tragedy.

we need to change the way we run our country right now.

what i mean is the corporations need to stop looking at their Stock and we , as a country, need to give immediate housing to these evacuess/refugees...

YoungRemy
09-03-2005, 11:33 AM
actually there was an article about how these hotels, by law, cannot force any evacuee out because they cant afford it.

also, the southeast is th heart of College Football in America. There were hundreds of hotel rooms booked for labor day weekend and the start of football season. now the evacuees have priority

Beth
09-03-2005, 12:42 PM
no creole broadcasts in new orleans.

creoles speak french
a fucked up version of french.

we have a very large creole population that is growing here (from before the hurricanes, and yes, they're all from louisiana). when an interpreter is needed, they don't get a french interpreter, they get a creole one.

YoungRemy
09-03-2005, 12:50 PM
i always correlate creole with a way of life in N.O., an old culture that has been planted in southern LA and thrived through the cuisine, music and "Laissez les bon temps rouler" attitude that ( :( once) prevailed in New Orleans...

(let the good times roll)

what I mean to say is that the creoles of southern LA speak English and French,
anyone who speaks "creole" is speaking an Americanized cajun version of french, also refrerred to as "patois"

Documad
09-03-2005, 03:14 PM
This is much bigger than anything I've ever been through. We just have tornado warnings. You get complacent about them. It seems like our newspeople are always getting us excited about something that doesn't happen. The way they present it is so over the top and then nothing happens. So you start to forget that weather can actually be dangerous.

I have also worked in high security buildings where we get bomb threats. Yet 80% of the time, I stay at my desk. I think it's something about human nature. If all your neighbors are leaving, you'll leave. If all your neighbors are staying, you'll stay. I'm guessing they didn't have the resources to go around and make everyone leave New Orleans.

I'd also like to point out that the initial news reports here was that it wasn't so bad because the storm changed direction. I certainly hope the feds and others were getting better information than I was getting, but I can kind of understand them not being prepared.

I hesitate to say this, but there are also a lot of people who live elsewhere in the US who are not sympathetic with the people on the coasts. We hear a lot about rich people who decide to live in houses on stilts on sand dunes who expect the rest of us to pay when their house blows down every decade or so. We hear about rich people who build houses on the side of canyons. You shouldn't live on the side of a canyon or on a sand dune. That was the initial reaction this time from some people here, along with "what do you expect when you live below sea level?" The mood changed dramatically here when it turned out to be so much more serious than normal bad weather.

BionicEye
09-03-2005, 07:00 PM
This was somewhere else but I wanted to posted here in case anyone missed it. Shep Smith from Fox News used to piss me off, but I have a whole different appreciation for him now and I'm glad he was a dick to Sean Hannity:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/02.html

open letter
09-03-2005, 07:27 PM
i think the goverment could be doing a bit more to help out,from what i have seen the hole area seems pritty well fucked :(

Newtral77
09-04-2005, 02:55 AM
well the government is sending 10,000 people from that area to san diego to stay... so they are making some attempt at helping people out.I would imagine that they are doing this kind of thing for more than just those 10k

aspartame
09-04-2005, 03:59 AM
motherfuckers
feels pretty safe looking at it from over here, but your federal governmnet, your whole nation, has some major issues and your president is a dick, surprisingly are you seriously saying the people drowning in shit in N.O. are doing that just because they were not smart enough to evacuate?

This is why I hate Bush. I apologize to you Bush supporters in advance, but he has fucked up this country beyond belief!!! I agree with you. Bush's was VERY SLOW sending aid to New Orleans, and that is inexcusable, he should be impeached. Bush basically has chosen the war in Iraq over saving American lives. Now the entire world hates America due to our president's poor decision making. Other countries now want nothing to do with us and they'll end up doing business with China.

However, you don't live here. Regarding the evacuation, please don't confuse and compare Bush's statements with America's . I feel those people couldn't afford to evacuate, so they were forced them to stay within the city. Most Americans are very pissed more was not done, saddened about the lives lost, the people without homes or jobs, and the destruction of a historic city. Those who are suffering are citizens of this country, and everyone I know is doing everything in their power to help them.

Nuzzolese
09-04-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't really get your point. You're annoyed because you don't like what you see on TV about America and it's a country you hate? Congratufuckinglations you have earned your entrance into the international dissatisfaction club of countries who despise each other; where you get to sit around at your computer and be angry and throw out unconstructive criticism in order to uselessly redirect any possibly helpful urges you might have, that could have been better suited to improving something in your own immediate situation.

Princess1987
09-04-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm so fucking mad at the government they didn't do shit they shoul'd have had buses for people who had no transportation fuck them motherfuckers.

adam_f
09-04-2005, 03:37 PM
^Eloquent.