PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld

QweenOfBoggle
09-03-2005, 12:25 AM
so...I just started watching seinfeld within the last few weeks...i feel like i totally missed the boat. it happens, right? oh well. seinfeld rules.

QueenAdrock
09-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Welcome to the '90's! Your complimentary neon slap-bracelets will be arriving shortly in the mail. (y)

QweenOfBoggle
09-03-2005, 12:34 AM
thanks!

I also want my comp. mc slammer bracelets

jackrock
09-03-2005, 12:29 PM
you only started up on seinfeld now?! oh well better late than never!!

PaddyBoy
09-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Seinfeld is the all time best TV show.

A word of warning, some people may try to tell you that they don't 'get' it, its not that funny, etc. This is how you tell your real friends from the rest.

"A Festivus...for the rest of us!!" (y)

wavin_goodbye
09-03-2005, 04:00 PM
haha .. mad about you.. do they still play those repeats?

ms.peachy
09-03-2005, 04:03 PM
"mad about you" too but that show is a little boring.
mr.peachy and I found it a little uncomfortable sometimes watching Mad About You because it was tooooooo much like someone had been spying on us, writing down our life, and then filming it. Like we'd have a conversation about something, and then three days later Paul and Jamie would have the exact same conversation, nearly word for word. it was kind of creepy.

ms.peachy
09-03-2005, 04:29 PM
well I'd have to say yes, wouldn't I?

I'll give you a specific example: there was an episode where Jamie's making a French dish called a casoulet. And Paul keeps calling it a casserole and she keeps yelling 'Casoulet!' And when that episode aired, mr.peachy and I were pissing ourselves laughing, because literally the weekend before, I'd found a recipe in one of my cookbooks and said "I'm going to make a casoulet." And mr.peachy was like "What kind of casserole?" and I said "Casoulet." And he couldn't get it in his head and kept saying casserole.

enree erzweglle
09-03-2005, 04:49 PM
thanks!

I also want my comp. mc slammer bracelets
Hammer sold "Can't touch this" to purell! It's a very funny commercial.

And if we're talking 90s, then don't forget to rip the knees in your jeans.

adam_f
09-03-2005, 04:51 PM
And wear those jeans backwards like those pesky little buggers in Kriss Kross. True GANGSTAS right there.

enree erzweglle
09-03-2005, 04:51 PM
A word of warning, some people may try to tell you that they don't 'get' it, its not that funny, etc. This is how you tell your real friends from the rest. I think this happens after a show has gotten wildly popular and starts to get imitated and its language makes its way into the general lexicon.

I think the same thing happened to Friends or at least to the way Chandler talked in that show. I mean, could it BE any more overused?

adam_f
09-03-2005, 04:52 PM
That made me laugh really hard. (y)