PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Threads

Kid Presentable
09-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Well, I bit the bullet, and made a farewell thread.

I was pleasantly surprised that it recieved some replies, even more so that many of them were negative.

I had the 'This is so pointless' reply. Not pointless enough to ignore, hmmm?

And Qdrop even played a 'me too' briefly. I like Qdrop's tenacity though.

Some people were helpful, and others were nice. All in all, it was worth it.

I'd always wondered, you see.

Life as an alias was intriguing, it was like walking out of a burger joint skinny, and returning in a fat-suit. Paying dues all over, being ignored and scorned everywhere you went.

Thanks everybody, I recommend farewell threads to anybody willing to type on the wild side. :cool:

paul jones
09-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi!

Welcome to the Beastie Free message board! (y) :D

Kid Presentable
09-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi!

Welcome to the Beastie Free message board! (y) :D

paul jones could be an admin in this shit!

CJM
09-03-2005, 10:26 AM
happy 4,300th post, paul jones.

ToucanSpam
09-03-2005, 10:27 AM
this is stupid crazyness.

Kid Presentable
09-03-2005, 10:28 AM
happy 4,300th post, paul jones.

Yeah, it's quite an honour. :cool: (y)

ToucanSpam
09-03-2005, 10:33 AM
this fucking thread is the stupidest fucking shit I have ever fucking seen
I don't even understand why someone would make the thread to begin with.

Why say goodbye then come back?

Fuck this shit. Height of ridiculousness.

DandyFop
09-03-2005, 10:33 AM
wow...how exciting!

Kid Presentable
09-03-2005, 10:42 AM
this fucking thread is the stupidest fucking shit I have ever fucking seen

That's brilliant.

Kanye West hosts violent parties, clearly, I am outwitted.

Kid Presentable
09-03-2005, 10:43 AM
wow...how exciting!

You were one of those harcore Mb'ers for a long time, but you never took the leap into being interesting yourself, so you sit around pointing, like an ugly old woman who hates kids. Presentable ones.

Kid Presentable
09-03-2005, 10:44 AM
I don't even understand why someone would make the thread to begin with.

Why say goodbye then come back?

Fuck this shit. Height of ridiculousness.

You of all people should advocate pointlessness on this board. It's what we're all about.

TonsOfFun
09-03-2005, 12:28 PM
this is a funny thread!

But this is very sad thread also

making the author kinda gay

but that is why it's funny (y)

Bob
09-03-2005, 12:48 PM
You were one of those harcore Mb'ers for a long time, but you never took the leap into being interesting yourself, so you sit around pointing, like an ugly old woman who hates kids. Presentable ones.

how could you even claim to know this, you haven't been around long enough to know

Qdrop
09-03-2005, 01:40 PM
i hope you know what kind of hole you're digging for yourself, man.

adam_f
09-03-2005, 01:49 PM
All of a sudden my eyes started to water and my nose is running really bad.

zorra_chiflada
09-03-2005, 11:22 PM
i'm glad you didn't leave.

i thought it was completely lame when everyone called you an attention seeker.
and some people were really angry about it. WTF?

Rancid_Beasties
09-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Alias?

Documad
09-03-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm glad you didn't leave, because I've liked what you contribute.

I was surprised when you made the farewell thread because I thought it was lame and it was the first lame thing I remember you doing. But all is forgiven and welcome back. :)

laurie_hammy
09-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah why get so angry ? whats the point its like NOTHING. If ya get angry about a thread like this one, then ya a fair lowlife.

Tzar
09-04-2005, 01:16 AM
FUCK YOU ALL!
PORT ADELAIDE WON!!

FUCK THE CROWS - WE'LL MURDER THEM CUNTS!

laurie_hammy
09-04-2005, 01:26 AM
FUCK YOU ALL!
PORT ADELAIDE WON!!

FUCK THE CROWS - WE'LL MURDER THEM CUNTS!

Port win did they ? Nice. I go for the deez, we lost too Geelong yesterday, not happy. Ah well. Go Port then ! 2 years in a row, reckon they can do it ?

Pres Zount
09-04-2005, 01:45 AM
I thought you might disappear one day, but when you started a farewell thread I knew you WERE JOKING.

HAHAHA!!!

Tzar
09-04-2005, 02:08 AM
Port win did they ? Nice. I go for the deez, we lost too Geelong yesterday, not happy. Ah well. Go Port then ! 2 years in a row, reckon they can do it ?
we play adelaide next sat'dey night. if we win (which we could do... the showdown record has been even) we play west coast at subi which will be hard.

if we beat adelaide.. we'll go all the way.

Rancid_Beasties
09-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Nathan Brown for the brownlow!!!

Tzar
09-04-2005, 02:26 AM
Nathan Brown for the brownlow!!!
if there's an award for worst injury ever seen in footy history; then yeah, sure, he deserves to win. :p

Documad
09-04-2005, 02:27 AM
it's another Oz thread :p

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 02:28 AM
Port would stomp the Beagles.

Rancid_Beasties
09-04-2005, 02:29 AM
if there's an award for worst injury ever seen in footy history; then yeah, sure, he deserves to win. :p
He got 6 best on grounds, and the other 4 games he played woulda got about 6 more votes. So thats 24 votes. Which is the brownlow medal.

laurie_hammy
09-04-2005, 03:16 AM

Yeah, do you remember a few years back when Hird got smashed in the face had ot get his face reconstructed an shit and cheekbone an eye, that was pretty messed up.

Tzar
09-04-2005, 04:45 AM
Yeah, do you remember a few years back when Hird got smashed in the face had ot get his face reconstructed an shit and cheekbone an eye, that was pretty messed up.
yeah i saw that too. that was bad but i think brown's one was worse. that was just demented.

oh and rancid; you're kidding yourself. he only played a quarter of the year. cousins will be the winner.

laurie_hammy
09-04-2005, 06:54 AM
yeah i saw that too. that was bad but i think brown's one was worse. that was just demented.

oh and rancid; you're kidding yourself. he only played a quarter of the year. cousins will be the winner.

The brownlow's comin up soon. Its BEFORE the Grand Final yeah ?

Tzar
09-04-2005, 08:03 AM
The brownlow's comin up soon. Its BEFORE the Grand Final yeah ?
:confused:
i really don't know.
i think it is.

Rancid_Beasties
09-04-2005, 07:23 PM
:confused:
i really don't know.
i think it is.
Yep, but Brown honestly has a chance. He played a half of the year btw, not a quarter. 3 votes are almost guaranteed for him against Hawthorn, the Doggies, Fremantle, Port, Carlton, Collingwood, and Brisbane. Probably 1 vote against melbourne and st kilda. Thats 23 votes. He'll get at least 20 I reckon.

zorra_chiflada
09-04-2005, 07:25 PM
FOOOOOTIEEEE!

sorry, i just yell that every time the football is on telly :o

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 07:29 PM
FOOOOOTIEEEE!

I run a PubTAB, and everybody there yells at the telly.

I do it at home, so at least I don't throw all my money away.

Things I yell at:

George W.

That Macarena Lasagne ad.

Cold Case ("It happened years ago, let's investigate it." EVERY FUCKING EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Sesame Street (in a good way)

The cat sitting in front of the telly, batting away at my video game charcters.

These are just a few.

Rancid_Beasties
09-04-2005, 07:32 PM
FOOOOOTIEEEE!

ZORRA!!!!!!!

sorry, i just yell that every time anybody says something stupid

zorra_chiflada
09-04-2005, 07:32 PM

OMG, joe HATES that ad. i think it's funny because all the old italian women look like members of my family.

and we both hate the girl from cold case because she has a freakishly small head. :mad:

Rancid_Beasties
09-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Ohh dear gawd that one is baaaaaaaaaad.

Pres Zount
09-04-2005, 07:38 PM
FUCKING macarena lasagne ad! I hate that! Turn it over!

Tiny head on Cold Case is funny.

when melinda gainsford comes on tv for the centrum ad, I pretend that our tv is on 'wide screen mode' because her face looks horribly deformed.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 07:43 PM
I yell for joy at that carlton draught ad, and then drink two beers REALLY quickly to hang on to the euphoria.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 07:45 PM
when melinda gainsford comes on tv for the centrum ad, I pretend that our tv is on 'wide screen mode' because her face looks horribly deformed.

Precisley. If we were trapped in a large empty room with alcohol, I'm sure we would see eye to eye on many things.

If you don't drink, then I would just walk into things.

Rancid_Beasties
09-04-2005, 07:53 PM
I yell for joy at that carlton draught ad, and then drink two beers REALLY quickly to hang on to the euphoria.
That add is the greatest add of all time.

zorra_chiflada
09-04-2005, 07:53 PM
That add is the greatest add of all time.
which one? the "it's a big ad" one?

Tzar
09-04-2005, 07:54 PM
OMG, joe HATES that ad. i think it's funny because all the old italian women look like members of my family.

and we both hate the girl from cold case because she has a freakishly small head. :mad:
i hate that ad too. (n)

Tzar
09-04-2005, 07:55 PM
dude, were you bullshitting about carlton black? i asked the old fart at liqourland and he looked at me as if i was drunk and retarded. he said he never head of it.

Rancid_Beasties
09-04-2005, 07:59 PM
which one? the "it's a big ad" one?
Yes! :)

zorra_chiflada
09-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Yes! :)

yeah, i thought it was one of the best ads i've ever seen.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 08:05 PM
dude, were you bullshitting about carlton black? i asked the old fart at liqourland and he looked at me as if i was drunk and retarded. he said he never head of it.

As somebody in the know, let me say that LiquorLand are everything wrong with the industry at present. Find a real bottlo, and you'll find Carlton Black, or at least somebody who's heard of it.

Jesus, never heard of it? I'd have the silly prick stocking shelves all night. :mad:

Tzar
09-05-2005, 06:06 AM
As somebody in the know, let me say that LiquorLand are everything wrong with the industry at present. Find a real bottlo, and you'll find Carlton Black, or at least somebody who's heard of it.

Jesus, never heard of it? I'd have the silly prick stocking shelves all night. :mad:
i did some research and found it on ratebeer.com
i'm not a fan of dark beers though (n)

Kid Presentable
09-05-2005, 07:21 AM
i did some research and found it on ratebeer.com
i'm not a fan of dark beers though (n)

No worries, this takes all the good stuff about Dark beers, and makes it taste like Carlton Draught. It's good, trust me. :cool: